Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL fixtures, 15/16 Feb

Guest Rydon Ranger

FT : SWPL Premier Penzance 4 (Caspall, Willey, James 2) Saltash united 0

Saltash blow hot and cold yet again. If they could only be consistent they have the quality to be challenging, on their day can beat anyone. Must be very frustrating for their supporters. Well done Penzance though, great result for your boys. :clapper:

CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION TUES FEB 15

---------------------------------------------------------------

#  Team               Pl   Wo   Dr   Lo   Gf   Ga   Dif  Pts

1  Buckland            25   21   1    3    93   31   62  64

2  Parkway             25   17   4    4    84   38   46  55

3  Bodmin              21   15   5    1    54   21   33  50

4  Falmouth            22   15   3    4    69   29   40  48

5  Torpoint            20   14   4    2    65   26   39  46

6  Penzance            27   13   4    10   56   54   2   43

7  Saltash             24   11   5    8    59   36   23  38

8  Ivybridge           26   11   5    10   67   57   10  38

9  St Austell          25   10   6    9    59   65  -6   36

10 Royal Mar           24   10   5    9    47   48  -1   35

11 Launceston          26   9    6    11   49   59  -10  33

12 St Blazey           19   7    6    6    42   33   9   27

13 Bovey               25   6    7    12   47   67  -20  25

14 Elburton            25   7    3    15   48   67  -19  24

15 Liskeard            25   5    7    13   34   52  -18  22

16 Cullompton          25   6    4    15   43   96  -53  22

17 Witheridge          24   6    3    15   39   67  -28  21

18 Tavistock           23   5    5    13   32   53  -21  20

19 Dartmouth           22   4    3    15   35   71  -36  15

20 Wadebridge          25   3    2    20   27   79  -52  11

15/02/2011       Penzance           4 - 0    Saltash

Saltash blow hot and cold yet again. If they could only be consistent they have the quality to be challenging, on their day can beat anyone. Must be very frustrating for their supporters. Well done Penzance though, great result for your boys. :clapper:

Judging by recent performances, I guess this result was to be expected. Saltash have a squad of talented players, yet there is no game plan. Kevin Hendy lacks the tactical nouse to adapt to cope with playing against sides who change tactics or in a losing position.

By all accounts, recent results have looked better on paper than the performance on the field.

Would a change of manager bring out the best in what is a talent squad, but an unsuccessful squad? I am very sure the likes of Dave Leonard/Mark Gammon or Stuart Dudley would certainly have a winning team.

Then there is Steve Massey currently without a club.

PENZANCE 4 SALTASH UNITED 0

Not really the result I wanted to read tonight.

Would have loved to have gone to the match tonight, but a very long way to travel in midweek after work.

Haven't thought the "ashes" were really "firing on all cylinders" recently and tonights result underlines that fact.

I feel a change in manager would see the team go in different directions and Kevin Hendy has considerable loyalty from the players.

Although the league championship has been out of reach for several months, there are still cups to win.

Lets see what the squad can do on Saturday.

Judging by recent performances, I guess this result was to be expected. Saltash have a squad of talented players, yet there is no game plan. Kevin Hendy lacks the tactical nouse to adapt to cope with playing against sides who change tactics or in a losing position.

By all accounts, recent results have looked better on paper than the performance on the field.

Would a change of manager bring out the best in what is a talent squad, but an unsuccessful squad? I am very sure the likes of Dave Leonard/Mark Gammon or Stuart Dudley would certainly have a winning team.

Then there is Steve Massey currently without a club.

onetheball, you really are boring me. I take it as a Saltash supporter you've been to the last 3 home games and seen the Ashes take 9 points from 9? Or do you only ever watch when they lose? I take it you know that Saltash had quite a few players missing tonight cause you were obviously there?? Maybe you could offer your services?? Or have you not ever played the game??

Penzance 4 Saltash 0

Firstly well done to Penzance on their win!

Secondly, the comments relating to the game and particularly ontheball2010 were you at the game tonight?? you state 'Judging by recent performances, I guess this result was to be expected ' how inaccurate this statement is seeing as the Ashes were going into the game after 3 successive wins!!!

If you were at the game tonight you would have seen a depleted squad / team going into a ridiculous midweek fixture (seeing as both teams have blank Saturdays in the future) without Paul Hider, Stu Clark, Chris Menhenick, Gav Colton & Matt Cusack and with some of the team carrying knocks.

Again inconsistency has cost the team tonight and individual errors to blame for the first 3 goals add to that Pen-Collins who was in for Hider took a knock and had to leave the field leaving Toby Clark to go in goal and the Ashes finish with 10 men!!

Lets hope ontheball2010 that as you only seem to make comments when the Ashes have lost, that you are at Kimberley Stadium this Saturday to cheer on the Ashes and I'm sure the team would appreciate you 100% support!!!

Maybe the squad isn't a talented as what people may think ?, saltash management get alot of stick, and maybe they should for the squad they currently have, which clearly are not as good as what they think they are.