Teignmouth v Appledore

Totnes & Dartington v Exeter University

Cornwall Senior Cup Quarter Finals:

Bodmin Town v Penryn Athletic

Godolphin Atlantic v Penzance

Saltash United v Falmouth Town

St Austell v Liskeard Athletic

SALTASH UNITED v FALMOUTH TOWN

Surely Alan Carey must not be looking forward to the above cup tie tomorrow! The "ashes" have been Falmouth "bogey" side this season and long may in continue.

The next few days are very important to Saltash United, with two cup ties deciding their season.

Well Pasty man I hope that this time Falmouth can turn it around

& that Saltash consentrate more on Football than on the PHYSICAL tactics of take them out at all cost,

They are without doubt the Bully boys of the League,

All teams have their fair share of Fouls, But Saltash seem to have more than their fair share,

So I hope on Saterday that we see a good game of Football played in a good friendly spirit.

& at the end of the day may the best team win,FALMOUTH.

Hammers, :c::yahoo: :c:

Hammers where do you get the facts to support your claim?? or is it just sour grapes after Saltash beating your Falmouth team!!

As the facts of the matter can be seen taken from the swp league website:

PREMIER DIVISION (As at 5th January 2011)

1.Torpoint Athletic : 0 Reds & 14 Yellows = 14 points

2.Saltash United : 1 Red & 18 Yellows = 21 points

3.Wadebridge Town : 0 Reds & 23 Yellows = 23 points

4.Bodmin Town : 2 Reds & 19 Yellows = 25 points

5.St Austell : 1 Red & 23 Yellows = 26 points

6.Witheridge : 1 Red & 26 Yellows = 29 points

7.Dartmouth : 3 Reds & 22 Yellows = 31 points

8.St Blazey : 4 Reds & 19 Yellows = 31 points

9.Buckland Athletic : 1 Red & 29 Yellows = 32 points

10.Launceston : 3 Reds & 23 Yellows = 32 points

11.Bovey Tracey : 3 Reds & 29 Yellows = 38 points

12.Tavistock : 1 Red & 35 Yellows = 38 points

13.Falmouth Town : 2 Reds & 33 Yellows = 39 points

14.Plymouth Parkway : 4 Reds & 28 Yellows = 40 points

15.Liskeard Athletic : 3 Reds & 33 Yellows = 42 points

16.Royal Marines : 1 Red & 40 Yellows = 43 points

17.Cullompton Rangers : 4 Reds & 34 Yellows = 46 points

18.Elburton Villa : 4 Reds & 36 Yellows = 48 points

19.Penzance : 5 Reds & 34 Yellows = 49 points

20.Ivybridge Town : 3 Reds & 42 Yellows = 51 points

I have watched Saltash a few times this season, they are physical and are in the face of the ref every time a decision goes against them...maybe why they havent had as many bookings as other teams....intimidation seems to work with some refs...

Saw some X rated challenges at the last game at Falmouth.....which were not given a card....

Hard they are and a handful, and i think they will get a win against Falmouth....it is up to Falmouth to stand their ground ...but no dwarf Italian tacics...

Hope it is a good match, dont mind hard, but be fair... :SM_carton_y:

Well Pasty man I hope that this time Falmouth can turn it around

& that Saltash consentrate more on Football than on the PHYSICAL tactics of take them out at all cost,

They are without doubt the Bully boys of the League,

All teams have their fair share of Fouls, But Saltash seem to have more than their fair share,

So I hope on Saterday that we see a good game of Football played in a good friendly spirit.

& at the end of the day may the best team win,FALMOUTH.

Hammers, :c::yahoo::c:

Well HAMMERS, I feel you are being very unfair with your comments relating to the Saltash United Squad. I really feel it is a case of "sour grapes" on your part. To accuse "the ashes" of "take them out any any cost", is nothing but flamatory.

"Bully Boys" of the league! Well thats the first time have heard that one.

Might I suggest you take more sugar with your very sour grapes.

Big & Easy, no it is not sour grapes, The red Viking has hit the nail on the Head,

I have no complaints whatsoever, when a team wins fair & square but you cannot escape the fact that Saltash are one of the most Physical sides in the League,

Although when Saltash beat Falmouth in the last game at Bickland, I stated that although Saltash were Physical, at the end of the day they were the better team & wanted to win more than Falmouth,

I do not think that is sour grapes,

you know as well as I do that in some games the Ref seem to favour one team more than another,

As for today may the best team win.

:c::clapper: :c:

Hammers indeed you did state previously that the last fixture Saltash were the better team! what I do struggle to accept though is how you say that Saltash are one of the most physical sides in the league!

The last fixture was played on an absolute cow field of a pitch and credit must be given to the groundsmen for even getting the game on as he had stated just 7 days before that he did not envisage the pitch being playable for 2 weeks due to the xmas fixture which had tore the pitch up. Therefore the last game was always going to be a battle due to the conditions!!

You also stated the red viking hit the nail on the head......well I would completely disagree with this comment and if you were talking about teams in the referee's face then if you spoke to any Saltash supporter this is something the team doesn't do enough.

Anyway the game is all about peoples opinions and the varying nature of this is why we all love the game and forums like this!

Gutted the game is off especially as the conditions today would of suited a big strong physical dirty Saltash team ;) ;)

St Austell 2, Liskeard Athletic 0

A goal in each half from the Lilywhites ensured a fairly trouble-free entry into the Senior Cup semi-finals for them.

A deflected Neil Slateford free-kick in the first half, and then a well taken individual second from Mike Body.

Liskeard failed to push on in the second half leading to a fairly forgetful second 45 minutes, apart from the last five minutes when many thought that the Blues player-manager Darren Edwards should have perhaps been shown more than a yellow card! I just heard him being interviewed on the radio and thought he got off lightly!

The Big And Easy,

Yes that game should never have been played But I must correct you on one thing I have never said that Saltash were a dirty side

There is a big difference between being dirty & Physical,

Because Saltash are not a dirty side far from it.

I am also sorry that the game was called off,

will it be played before Saltash come to Bickland on Tuesday 1st March ?

Hammers :c:^_^ :c:

Witheridge 6-2 Wadebridge Town

crowd 84

Withy scorers Jordan Charran Hat-trick although one could go down as own goal Steve Ebdy 2 And Captain Richard Groom

Withy 2-1 up ht before visitors equalised but once Withy got back in front Bridgers heads dropped which opened the floodgates.

No 10 for Wadebridge looks a very VERY good player.

Shouldn've been straight red from where I was standing. His attitude from the moment he came on the pitch was totally wrong.

Why did the St Austell player get booked as well? He would not have had to go on if Maddison had not been tackled so severly (which there was no booking for not even a talking too!) that he had to hobble off and hop half way round the pitch to the changing rooms as no sign of a stretcher........I'm sure there are things that lots of people would like to have been done differently on the field today.

Elburton were not at all pleased that this game went ahead. The pitch was wet and cut up a bit, but at the end of the day, football is a winter sport, it rains down here alot, Elburtons pitch is cut out with slopes leading to the pitch, the pitch is very flat so water just sits there id imagine. If todays game had been called off then im not sure wed ever get it played to be honest. Its no wonder so much football is called off these days!! :angry2:

Still no lights up,(although written on here thay have bought Millbrooks!!), no stand, no cover, no hard standing.

The match.....Boring.

Won 1-0.

Straight home.

Now ready for a quarter final on wednesday at Cullumpton against the Marines. Anyone no if this one is all ticket or pay on the day? :D

Elburton were not at all pleased that this game went ahead. The pitch was wet and cut up a bit, but at the end of the day, football is a winter sport, it rains down here alot, Elburtons pitch is cut out with slopes leading to the pitch, the pitch is very flat so water just sits there id imagine. If todays game had been called off then im not sure wed ever get it played to be honest. Its no wonder so much football is called off these days!! :angry2:

Still no lights up,(although written on here thay have bought Millbrooks!!), no stand, no cover, no hard standing.

The match.....Boring.

Won 1-0.

Straight home.

Now ready for a quarter final on wednesday at Cullumpton against the Marines. Anyone no if this one is all ticket or pay on the day? :D

Both teams were outraged that this match went ahead, but some people need a reality check. This is the tenth level of English football and if we wait for pitches to be like carpets before playing, we simply won't get the seasons finished. No standing water and no health and safety issues, so get the game played.

Yes, a big job for the groundsmen after the match but I've seen a lot worse.

The joy of football is that it's a winter game played in all conditions.

As for our big cup match on Wednesday night, let's hope we don't clog up the M5 with all the traffic heading North. COME ON GREENS.

Shouldn've been straight red from where I was standing. His attitude from the moment he came on the pitch was totally wrong.

Why did the St Austell player get booked as well? He would not have had to go on if Maddison had not been tackled so severly (which there was no booking for not even a talking too!) that he had to hobble off and hop half way round the pitch to the changing rooms as no sign of a stretcher........I'm sure there are things that lots of people would like to have been done differently on the field today.

"tackled so severly" didn't know you got booked for that, must check the laws again.

"tackled so severly" didn't know you got booked for that, must check the laws again.

It is if it is from behind, going through the player, and still not getting the ball

quiksilver, if the tackle was as you described then it could have been deemed as reckless and it could have been a red card under serious foul play. The latest definition from FIFA is that reckless means any foul that could or does injure a player and is to be treated as serious foul play. I hope that is of some help.

It is if it is from behind, going through the player, and still not getting the ball

TACKLED no FOULED yes

Talk about splitting hairs I think you missed the point somewhat...It was a nasty tackle without even a talking too, just hope Maddison is not out for long!

Talk about splitting hairs I think you missed the point somewhat...It was a nasty tackle without even a talking too, just hope Maddison is not out for long!

It was a poorly timed tackle, one of 2-3 during the game, for which a free-kick was given. I think you'll find the ref did have a quick word as I heard him. Maybe if you were close enough you would have too, assuming you were not one of the 2 players too busy having a go at him, in which case you wouldn't have heard.

Hope your player recovers quickly and is back playing soon.

It was a poorly timed tackle, one of 2-3 during the game, for which a free-kick was given. I think you'll find the ref did have a quick word as I heard him. Maybe if you were close enough you would have too, assuming you were not one of the 2 players too busy having a go at him, in which case you wouldn't have heard.

Hope your player recovers quickly and is back playing soon.

Referee got a few decisions wrong and seemed a bit of a "Homer" (Not jut in appearence) Bad tackle/ foul* (Delete as applicable) on Madison went unpunished as did two cynical tackles by the St Austell No.3 - not even spoken to either! The lad from just down the road seemed like he'd never played the game and was out of his depth. Stone wall penalty - no decision (Bottled it, as did

the linesman). Still that's football away from home. The yellow card for the player manager and the other player on the recieving end summed up his performance. Anyway enough whinging - best team on the day went through. Good luck to St Austell in the next round.

Referee got a few decisions wrong and seemed a bit of a "Homer" (Not jut in appearence) Bad tackle/ foul* (Delete as applicable) on Madison went unpunished as did two cynical tackles by the St Austell No.3 - not even spoken to either! The lad from just down the road seemed like he'd never played the game and was out of his depth. Stone wall penalty - no decision (Bottled it, as did

the linesman). Still that's football away from home. The yellow card for the player manager and the other player on the recieving end summed up his performance. Anyway enough whinging - best team on the day went through. Good luck to St Austell in the next round.

How is Redruth just down the road?

Brilliant!

Brilliant!

Enlighten me? I thought you was talking about the referee being from around the corner and being out of his depth. If you were I believe Redruth is a little more than around the corner and he worked hard to get his place as level 4.