Cornwall Football Forum

Massey's Mutterings

Interesting view on Attendances Steve. Anyone who knows me knows how passionate I have been and still am about raising the profile of local football and encouraging people through the gates. In spite of my efforts over the years it amazes me that kids (the games future), are still charged to watch (at some clubs).

What better way to spend Family time than to watch your local team, educate your kids on the great successes your club has had and inspire them to want to play for the club too. Let the kids in for free with a paying accompanying adult ( time they have had a can of coke and a burger, youve made your money anyway !!!)

Reference the mutterings on promotion to the Western league. I can assure you that it is the policy of the Senior Officials within this club, supported by all those who do stirling work for the club, that promotion is our main criterea. The club did in fact apply but as that league is facility based at step 5, we need to update aspects of the club. This the club are trying to do, it just takes a lot of time and of course money, not withstanding the full committment from all at the club.

Local youth teams need all the inspiration they can get and inviting youth teams free into the game may just do that. I remember in your reign at Town Steve, organising the mini training session at half time with the under 10's and then they met the players after the match.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams.....its still a beautiful game !