Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey vs Torpoint

While watching Liskeard play Torpoint at Lux park last night i heard a whisper going round that Mr Dudley is going to rest his entire team for tomorrow night`s game against St Blazy due to the clubs massive vase game on saturday,with Torpoint`s 2nd team taking the fixture,anyone else heard this?

Why on earth are they being asked to play 2 midweek games before a massive F A Vase game?

Surely someone at the league or Cornwall FA should have sorted this out.

After all they are representing themselves, the SW League and Cornwall.

Absolute madness!

Good luck to Torpoint on Saturday.

:c:

Why on earth are they being asked to play 2 midweek games before a massive F A Vase game?

Absolute madness!

I would suggest that there might be method in the madness. Isn't it so Carter can serve a suspension before the Vase game?

If it is this, then the club themselves would have arranged the games!

Absolute madness!

Yes, my understanding is that the club themselves requested it so that the key players could serve out their suspensions before the biggest game in Torpoint's history on Saturday.

Wishing Torpoint lose tomorrow and win on Saturday.

A rare missed fixture for me on Weds due to an AGM I can't miss.

Absolute madness!

I suggest you find out facts before pointing fingers as the league has rushed through fixtures for Torpoint so suspensions are finished which allows Torpoint to have a full squad on Saturday.

Good Luck Torpoint You Can Do It.

It's a shame you won't be there, as I will have no one to sing at, lol!!

I will be making a mad dash from work, to watch the mighty Torpoint, 4 games in a week, a dream for someone like me!!!!

Don't worry - Paul, CornishBaggie and the rest of the Blazey boys will all be there making a racket.

Absolute madness!

I suggest you find out facts before pointing fingers as the league has rushed through fixtures for Torpoint so suspensions are finished which allows Torpoint to have a full squad on Saturday.

Good Luck Torpoint You Can Do It.

Where was I meant to find out about their cunning plan without inside knowledge or something like the forum?

I posed a question, and the forum provided the answers, exactly what its for. So, thanks for the answers from those in the know.

My post wasn't meant to offend, so sorry if it did. But obviously I was right! The league had sorted it for them.

So here we go. Apology to & Well done SW League committee. :clapper:

Good luck to Torpoint.

I'd like to be able to say that if Torpoint play like that on Saturday then they have a good chance of going through but in all honesty Biscovey Primary School up the road could have given them more of a game than St Blazey did tonight. I'm not certain that we managed to string more than about 4 passes together tonight. Hell of a free kick from Harrington though.

Best of luck on Saturday Torpoint.

Guest Uncle Albert

Yes, it was a weakened St Blazey team (with Justin Harrington playing number 8), against a weakened Torpoint side.

And no contest really. Torpoint looked a very confident unit and proved they have strength in depth.

Good luck to all at Torpoint for Saturday.