Cornwall Football Forum

Expectations

Dan, Camelford and Callington havn't played all winter, they have avoided the mud, snow, cold and rain, they've played 6 less games than most other teams. Newquay have done well with a threadbare squad, none of whom receive a penny for their troubles.

Godolphin have done extremely well and may yet finish top two.... and yes it hurts to say it !

We enjoyed the game that Plymstock lost, by far the best Newquay performance this season.

nemesis i wouldn't really say that is either camelford or callingtons fault, i no that we (camelford) would have preferred to have played the games, we are just taking each game as it comes and trying to get the best result possible, starting with the tough trip to penryn on sat

callington must have played in the snow as i'm sure i recall you moaning a newquay game shouldn't have been played after you lost to them.

nemesis i wouldn't really say that is either camelford or callingtons fault, i no that we (camelford) would have preferred to have played the games, we are just taking each game as it comes and trying to get the best result possible, starting with the tough trip to penryn on sat

callington must have played in the snow as i'm sure i recall you moaning a newquay game shouldn't have been played after you lost to them.

The Cally away game should have been called off BUT only as we were snowed in around the Newquay area. Once we finally got 4 miles out, there was nothing, no snow, slush, nothing. The sight of a snowline across the A30 from Fraddon Hill was amazing to look at.

I'm not moaning that you have had games called off, certainly not your fault. You have done well so far but with the fewest amount of games, Dans comments are a bit premature. I'm sure you will win the league and go up, you have the right facilities for your clubs situation. Cally will give us another tough game tomorrow as well.

Good luck to both teams, be a shame for us fans if the Camels do go up though, it is one of our favourite trips.

Better than expected.

Premier: Torpoint(fantastic cup run & also in the hunt for the league title)

East: Budleigh Salterton

West:Plymstock(great recovery after a poor start to the season) &

Vospers(huge improvement from last season with no player budget).

Worse than expected.

Premier:Saltash(such a talented squad that isn't hitting their potential).

East: Ottery St Mary.

West: Foxhole(great signings in pre-season but never really pushed on).