Cornwall Football Forum

Topic Removal

Sorry lads I removed the topic re Football at St Blazey.

Was starting to get personal, plus accusations about Premier League clubs and their Directors.

Think about something else to write about such as car sharing to keep the cost down to travel to away matches. How many people drive to an away match with empty cars. Nothing like having a couple of passengers to share the costs and have a bit of banter with. Might improve the crowds at some matches.

Everyone is suffering and it will get worse over the next couple of seasons with many clubs in the lower levels of senior football going to the wall. Clubs with 2 teams in senior football, one in say the SWPL and another in the ECL or JCCL will just about survive by reducing their costs to almost zero but I personally think that clubs who have just one team in senior football are going to have a real problem as they have very little sources of income.

I've said before, players must start having to treat football as a hobby not an extra source of income. Boots, fuel for travelling, pints after the match, social evenings all cost money, and unless they are single, in a well paid job, are able to get travelling money off their club, etc, then the meat is going to be very thin for the next 3-4 years.

Guest man city fan

at what leval should players starting getting paid for there services?

alot of people complain saying its a players hobby and they would be playing anyway for a team if money wasnt involved.

am i right in thinking that from the combination league up to the blue square prem is classes as semi pro. ?

at what leval should players starting getting paid for there services?

alot of people complain saying its a players hobby and they would be playing anyway for a team if money wasnt involved.

am i right in thinking that from the combination league up to the blue square prem is classes as semi pro. ?

As I understand it - in our part of the world at least...

Steps 1-4 (Conference to Southern League Div 1) Semi-pro

Steps 5-8/9 (Western Prem to Cornwall Combination/ECPL 1) Amateur senior leagues

Steps 9/10 and below (Duchy Prem/Mining 1/FHFL 1 and below) Amateur Junior Leagues

but these boundaries have become blurred in recent years with some clubs outside the football league going full time and many players below step 4 getting paid.

• 2 weeks later...

desperate 4 success m8,u should know that,when mewts was pumping his cash in2 blazey they were THE TEAM 2 b with now they're just about surviving on next 2 nothing n no 1 wants 2 b there all the they got is a few loyal players 2 hooper n lafs n if they go wot happens then????

desperate 4 success m8,u should know that,when mewts was pumping his cash in2 blazey they were THE TEAM 2 b with now they're just about surviving on next 2 nothing n no 1 wants 2 b there all the they got is a few loyal players 2 hooper n lafs n if they go wot happens then????

Nobody seems to know and that's the most worrying thing of all! If the people who are supposed to have a plan don't have a plan, we're all in a bit of a pickle!

Nobody seems to know and that's the most worrying thing of all! If the people who are supposed to have a plan don't have a plan, we're all in a bit of a pickle!

St Blazey 2nds drafed in players from Plymouth for game on Tuesday. Apparently local lads do not want to play for local team, which is quite sad. Nice pitch, nice clubhouse what more do players want. Sorry they want shed loads of money to play.

Unfortunately, that life.