Cornwall Football Forum

QPR coming back to cornwall

Just heard Qpr are coming back to play in cornwall this summer i expect they will be playing at bodmin again and hopefully truro they are really the only 2 teams who will give them a decent game ,hope the weather is better this time when they play at Bodmin which i am sure they will the weather was horrendous last year they played there torrential rain .It will be nice to see a premiership side which they most certainly will be by then play on cornish soil .Neil always brings his teams here bringing sheff utd crystal palace and now QPR pity he wasnt in charge of man utd or better still Barcelona imagine them at priory park.I remember years ago a young Alan Shearer playing for southampton at bodmin he got a hat trick that day .Counting down the days to pre season friendlies i remember when Newquay used to have decent friendlies now there lucky if they get Talskiddy utd .

Not sure why you believe only Bodmin and Truro are capable of giving QPR a good game...

Also, seems strange with the climax of what will be a close finish at the top of the table you are 'counting down the days' for the pre season friendlies of next season... :wacko:

Just can't resist a pop at Newquay can you 100% Cornish?

I don't think there's anyone more negative than you on this forum.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion and yes, the season hasn't gone too great for Newquay, but how about a bit of encouragement instead of always doom and gloom.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion and yes, the season hasn't gone too great for Newquay, but how about a bit of encouragement instead of always doom and gloom.

Actually i am quite concerned what is happening to my local team newquay you hear all sorts of rumours latest is the 2 ryans both goalies have left the club after fallen out but cant believe this is true .I am a newquay lad born and bred and have seen so many good newquay sides play and hopefully this will happen again Jim is doin a great job at newquay but how much longer will he be at the club I was only jokin about the pre season friendlies i no clubs cant afford to have top teams down like they did in the past when man city came to town and the mighty rushden @diamonds gave newquay a 12 _0 hammering .Sorry if i upset you with some of my comments soccerfan but it has been a dissapointing season when the manager of the year derek martyn has worked wonders and his team do play lovely football ,but the peppermints are coming to get you.Apology to everyone who i have affended with my comments but i am cornish and entitled to my opinions in my own county so there Balls to the lot of you lol.

100% Cornish you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I totally agree Derek has done a great job at the Godolphin. There is only 1 Ryan goalkeeper at the Club and I am pleased to tell you Barnesy is still here. Luke is the other 'keeper and it seems that he will probably be transferring to St Austell later today. He goes with my good wishes. I was manager of our Combo team when our 1st team played Rushden and Diamonds. Before the friendly games against our more illustrious opponents I used to do a penalty competition for any youngsters at the game. The Newquay squad on that day only had 11 and 1 got injured and at a very ripe age and having done no warm up I was thrust into centre midfield to play against Brian Talbot the player manager. I played him off the park and set up our goal!! I think we must have lost 12 - 1 as we definitely scored through James Olsen. That season we had Notts County, Portsmouth, Scarborough (I think) as well as R & D. I look forward to the visit of Talskiddy United next season

100% Cornish you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I totally agree Derek has done a great job at the Godolphin. There is only 1 Ryan goalkeeper at the Club and I am pleased to tell you Barnesy is still here. Luke is the other 'keeper and it seems that he will probably be transferring to St Austell later today. He goes with my good wishes. I was manager of our Combo team when our 1st team played Rushden and Diamonds. Before the friendly games against our more illustrious opponents I used to do a penalty competition for any youngsters at the game. The Newquay squad on that day only had 11 and 1 got injured and at a very ripe age and having done no warm up I was thrust into centre midfield to play against Brian Talbot the player manager. I played him off the park and set up our goal!! I think we must have lost 12 - 1 as we definitely scored through James Olsen. That season we had Notts County, Portsmouth, Scarborough (I think) as well as R & D. I look forward to the visit of Talskiddy United next season

Hi there jimbo it was good days all those teams coming to play at mt wise you was right it was 12 -1 that day still got the prog newquay scorer was matt willmott its good news ryan barnes is staying at newquay he is a class goalie i know his dad kevin well and have seen ryan play from a early age i think luke will have a hard job to displace penhalligan at st austell but he must be getting on but hes still a good goalie like kevin miller of bodmin .

Hadnt heard this till i read this thread so i got in contact with mackie and akos who I know from my argyle days and still speak to from time to time! I have heard that warnock took a great interest in torpoints fa vase run and was hoping to make a trip down the mill! Hopefully wudnt affect them playin bodmin and truro as would be nice to see the boys play as many games as possible while they are down but maybe one of the regulars would miss out! As i said its just what i hears from jamie so may not come to happen but would be nice

Hadnt heard this till i read this thread so i got in contact with mackie and akos who I know from my argyle days and still speak to from time to time! I have heard that warnock took a great interest in torpoints fa vase run and was hoping to make a trip down the mill! Hopefully wudnt affect them playin bodmin and truro as would be nice to see the boys play as many games as possible while they are down but maybe one of the regulars would miss out! As i said its just what i hears from jamie so may not come to happen but would be nice

Lets hope that Mr Warnock looks on the swpl website and decides to stop in Devon and play the current league champions and current throgmorton cup holders and this season's finalists in the st lukes bowl !!