Cornwall Football Forum

Plimuff argoyle v Buckland Athletic

Couldn't care less to be honest! We have beaten two league sides to get to the final.......that's all that counts to me Paul! :clapper::yahoo::drink::thumbsup:

Still waiin for PAFC fans............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope

Couldn't care less to be honest! We have beaten two league sides to get to the final.......that's all that counts to me Paul! :clapper::yahoo::drink::thumbsup:

You were pretty quiet after the Ivybridge game........... Only singing when your winning springs to mind!!!

Actually, I was in work on the night and then went to watch some rugby in North Wales so I was away for a few days. I congratulate Ivybridge on there win, they worked hard for it and deserved it. Hopefully they will go on to win it, they are a nice club, with friendly supporters.

Anyhow, back on topic.......

......Go on admit it.......beating Torquay and Plimuff is two great results :thumbsup: You know you want too. ^_^

You were pretty quiet after the Ivybridge game........... Only singing when your winning springs to mind!!!

Actually, I was in work on the night and then went to watch some rugby in North Wales so I was away for a few days. I congratulate Ivybridge on there win, they worked hard for it and deserved it. Hopefully they will go on to win it, they are a nice club, with friendly supporters.

Anyhow, back on topic.......

......Go on admit it.......beating Torquay and Plimuff is two great results :thumbsup: You know you want too. ^_^

But you still could not beat Ivybridge, who have been struggling of late.

I thought Mike Sampson was rather dis-ingenuous about Buckland on the official Argyle web site ?

Sorry Mike ! We Played Plymouth Argyle FC and you lost ! So why post Buckland v Argyle Reserves ?

You had the option of playing a strong squad, and with no first team game for sixteen days we expected a strong Argyle team, after disposing of a Torquay squad that included seven full time pros in the previous round.

Things truly are really wrong at PAFC including keeping John James on the wage bill ! ( I would like to inform him that Lee Sharpe no longer plays ! )

What he knows about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp and still leave enough room to write the Lords prayer !

Got to say two great wins for Buckland....right your going to win the league....and now i ask that question are you going up, and show that you can cut it at the next level ??????

You could easily live at that level and then you can leave Bodmin to stay in this league and win it every year!

By the way it may be a hatful at Falmouth on Saturday...5 games without a win, no defence, and hardly any subs... but watch where you put your flags!!!! that's all you have got to worry about... another 3 points closer to the title.

:smiley20:

Great win for the Bucks last night, we kept our nerve when it mattered. At the end of the day, regardless of whether its Argyle 1sts, 2nds or youth team, they are still all training 5 days a week compared to our lads. So a win against Argyle is a big thing for a club of our size. Bring on Tivvy, we should have nothing to fear... :smiley20:

I personally think we should take the step up.......and yes, I think we could compete there. I think the Ding Bodmin could make the step also and like us.....not struggle.

There comes a time when clubs need to move forward, otherwise you end up going backwards.

I personally think we should take the step up.......and yes, I think we could compete there. I think the Ding Bodmin could make the step also and like us.....not struggle.

There comes a time when clubs need to move forward, otherwise you end up going backwards.

Agree, Another vote here for taking the leap.

Well said Kolwaski. lets hope the committee have enought balls as the end if the season as when they decided to get rid of Massey....and go for it....Buckland would win that league, watched a few of those teams and maybe with another Playmaker Buckland would win that league as well, great set up all it needs is the balls to go for it...

Hope there is a good debate at the club and all the best.....

Too late for applying now surely?

From a Bucks supporter perspective can understand at our level beating the name is very exciting, more so because we are

now in a cup final against Tivvy, we need to curtail our insults against JJ as there was a player sat on the Plymouth bench

picked up by John from our under 16's two years ago. Argyle certainly had a couple of very young players out there including

Jake Ramday who used to play for Broadmeadow and goes to school at Teignmouth, my question was how are Plymouth allowed to

play 15 year old but Buckland arn't ? my undertsnading was the FA rules only allowed 16 year olds to play adult football.

Also on the importance of the game from Argyle point of view, not alot, but on the night with this very young sqaud Martin

Hodges certainly said sonething at half time becasue they all came out with a different attitude and when Simon Walton grabbed

the keeper and started pushing him around we all thought the worst after bad distribution to the right back that led to Buckland

second goal. The number seven on the night for Argyle was also different class, quick, skilful looks very promising.

Any way calm down every one. And my understanding is we are not going up. Remember the ABBA song.

Agree, Another vote here for taking the leap.

And another vote here too!

I'm sure there was a statement recently from the Buckland committee saying they had no intention of moving up the pyramid.

Was this not the reason for parting company with Steve Massey?

I thought a draw on Wednesday was about right. Once you go to penalties it's a lottery.

Don't forget, the same Argyle team was beaten 7-0 by E*e*e* City reserves on Monday evening who then lost to Tiverton.

Good luck in the final.