Cornwall Football Forum

The return of Massey's Mutterings, March 30th 2011

After various heavy work commitments (oh yes of course, including a holiday in Oman!), Steve is back again on a weekly basis with his "Massey Mutterings".

This week, as well as having a laugh as he suggests we give up the regular weekly football supporter sport of "ref bashing", Steve, as usual doesn't sit on the fence as he also gives his thoughts on the SWPL championship race between Buckland and Bodmin.

Who do you reckon he thinks will end up champions? Have a look for yourself - Massey's Mutterings, March 30th

After various heavy work commitments (oh yes of course, including a holiday in Oman!), Steve is back again on a weekly basis with his "Massey Mutterings".

This week, as well as having a laugh as he suggests we give up the regular weekly football supporter sport of "ref bashing", Steve, as usual doesn't sit on the fence as he also gives his thoughts on the SWPL championship race between Buckland and Bodmin.

Who do you reckon he thinks will end up champions? Have a look for yourself - Massey's Mutterings, March 30th

I think your right Steve. Had Buckland not had such a poor end of Sept, losing those 3 games in almost quick succession then we might have been "out of sight". Since then, having only lost once in the league, we have given ourselves a fighting chance. Still a long way to go thou. Some difficult games coming up for all the top teams, although i will be surprised if the title isn't decided by Buckland or Bodmin.

Ref bashing....

Who to blame is easy........ The wife for letting him go to football when she wanted him to go shopping with her!!

All anyone wants is consistancy, there are 3 set of eyes watching, one of the officials should be in a position to see what has gone on. All to often, you hear I didnt see it, do what your paid to do and make the big decisions when required to, thats why your there.

The ref's and his assistants could help themselfs by making the big decisions when they are called upon, badly timed tackles let go one moment then booked the next moment, clear cut pen's not given. i have been to so many games lately when not just one set of supporters is moaning about the ref but both set's, they are spoiling what could be some great games.

I am in favour of stopping the crowding the officals and clear decent, by which i mean standing in the ref's face or running 10-15 yards to abuse him for his decision, you will never stop players from reacting to decisions given against them its natural to react, its how far the players take it that needs to be clamped down on.

There are good ref's out there but the performances of recent months they seem to be have gone missing.