Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Saltash United

Seems to be games coming thick and fast at the moment and some very interesting encounters.

Last nights game between Falmouth Town and Bodmin Town was well worth the journey.

Hoping to make the short journey to St Blazey tonight, for what should be a good game. St Blazey were worthy winners last week against Bodmin Town, so are they going to perform against Saltash United.

Saltash were well deserved winners tonight and judging from some of the comments made by their players and supporters, this was their best display for sometime. They look very well organised and eager to win.

I must however make a comment about the Referee tonight, he was shocking, truly shocking.

I must however make a comment about the Referee tonight, he was shocking, truly shocking.

Oh how easy it is to criticise officials, especially when you don't have to prove you can do better. I will never criticise officials, as I feel they are often blamed for a teams shortfalls. Yes, of course they will make mistakes. They are human after all. They will analyse their game afterwards, and be far more critical of their performance than anyone else.

They rarely reply to these forums as the masses will often descend upon them. Why should they be subject to abuse on the park, and then subject themselves to abuse on a forum?

A question to the referee bashers: If somebody were to speak to you like some players and supporters speak to the match officials, how would you react? I suspect it would be with far less dignity than the officials. :c:

Oh how easy it is to criticise officials, especially when you don't have to prove you can do better. I will never criticise officials, as I feel they are often blamed for a teams shortfalls. Yes, of course they will make mistakes. They are human after all. They will analyse their game afterwards, and be far more critical of their performance than anyone else.

They rarely reply to these forums as the masses will often descend upon them. Why should they be subject to abuse on the park, and then subject themselves to abuse on a forum?

A question to the referee bashers: If somebody were to speak to you like some players and supporters speak to the match officials, how would you react? I suspect it would be with far less dignity than the officials. :c:

SMILING ASSASSIN, were you at the game tonight? Were you at the Elburton Villa versus Saltash United. If you were, you would not have defended the Referee here tonight. To say that his display was inept in both matches, is being very kind.

Anyway, "the ashes" were excellent tonight, possibly one of the best performances of all season.

Here's hoping we play the same on Saturday against Buckland Athletic.

Whilst watching that shockingly inept display last night, I think it's fair to say the last thing on my mind was

" They are human after all "