Cornwall Football Forum

LISKEARD ATH V SALTASH UNITED

Quite fancied this local derby match, so took a trip up to Lux Park last night.

The match was played in a excellent spirit and Liskeard fully deserved the victory.

Some of the supporters close to the way "dug-out" seemed very disappointed with the performance of Saltash, who seemed to lack and ideas and were punished by three excellent goals. I heard one Saltash supporter shout to the "dug-out" that he was embarrassed by the performance.

Having not seen Saltash on more than a couple occasions this season, I cannot honestly comment here, but take nothing away from Liskeard, they were worthy winners.

The match was played in a excellent spirit and Liskeard fully deserved the victory.

Some of the supporters close to the way "dug-out" seemed very disappointed with the performance of Saltash, who seemed to lack and ideas and were punished by three excellent goals. I heard one Saltash supporter shout to the "dug-out" that he was embarrassed by the performance.

Having not seen Saltash on more than a couple occasions this season, I cannot honestly comment here, but take nothing away from Liskeard, they were worthy winners.

Last nights display by "the ashes" was very disappointing, but to be very honest, the season has been very disappointing.

I am just holding out some hope that next season will be better than this!

Saltash dominated the first half and should of been a couple goals up at half time should they have taken there chances. S.Wright in the middle for saltash was running things. Second half a diffent story, Liskeard had all the ball and look dangerous, the liskeard strikers gave Menhennick and Bouch the run around, Who at times looked like they where treading water. I think the striker for liskeard got a hatrick, In all fairness Saltash where not all that bad , they just came up against a solid liskeard team who took there chances, on another day it could of gone the saltash's way if they had scored a penalty which would of made it 1-1 on half time, which was a clumbsy tackle by the liskeard centre back russull ?? on S.Hughes