Cornwall Football Forum

Latest From The Big Man.

Herald Express 15/04/2011

BOVEY Tracey have one of their most important games of the season when they travel to bottom club Wadebridge Town tomorrow.

The Bridgers are nine points adrift of Bovey, who are level on points with Dartmouth and Elburton Villa, and one more defeat would be enough to see them relegated.

The midweek results went for the Moorlanders as both Elburton and Dartmouth lost, giving the Mill Marsh Park outfit two games in hand over Elburton while the Darts had used up their game in hand.

"It was a very good week all round and the first time that I could work with the players," said new joint manager Steve Massey.

"We had a great training session in which everyone worked extremely hard, and the enthusiasm and, I have to say, quality was excellent.

"We really know the importance of this game and everybody is really looking forward to the trip and the match.

"We haven't contemplated anything else but a victory at Bodieve Park as three points is well overdue, and it would be nice for me to experience my first points since joining the club."

Kevin Moyle and Massey are hopeful that Matt Micklewright is recovering from his ankle injury and, although Adam Blackie and Dan Taylor are both carrying niggling knocks, both are expected to be fit.

Striker Mike Turner has announced that he is available to travel in what will hopefully be a full strength squad crossing into Cornwall.

"We have all got our passports at the ready to be stamped with three points for the return journey," concluded a smiling Massey.