Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland V Launceston

Great game, very proud of my team tonight, and unfortunately had the mis-fortune to miss time a tackle on the leagues best player (WHO SHOULD ACTUALLY BE PLAYING FOR US!)to concede the penalty, which resulted in the winning goal for Buckland.

Totally comfortable with my reaction at the final whistle, to confront the spineless supporter who stood and hurled insults at me and my players after the 3rd and 4th goal. As i explained to Jamie in the bar after the game, you get insulting supporters in any football league ground, but not in a SWPl game with 92 people present. I was especially dumfounded with the 3 people behind our goal, who obviously are fretting with league winning nerves as there language was more suitable to a Quinton Tarantino movie..!

I explained that i would come and see the spineless supporter at the final whistle, as per his request, but on arrival, and yes with language im probably not proud of, he had the (lack of) balls to hid behind the barrier and say i should not swear in front of the kids!!! Hmmmmm pot kettle.

Once the spineless supporter retreated to his comfort zone behing his Mrs and kids, i was confronted by the Buckland Benny (is Buckland a village?) and by this time things were dying down!!???@@@@@!!

As already quoted, fantastic game, with in my opinion, the right winner, but Kowalski, if i had to hazzard a guess, your still hiding behind the family.

All the best Buckland.

Paul Smith (number 8)

Cracking game and a superb effort from Launceston which was totally ruined by their number 8 trying to fight several members of the Bucks faithful.

Total embarrassment to his club which ruined a truly battling performance......and he did it in front of representatives of the league.

And do you yourself think you represented the club very well tonight? the player had an issue with another supporter, but you became involved when you had no need to, it bothers me when i see you so called supporters act as you do? How long do you claim to be a BAFC supporter? You have only WATCHED the club for 2 years at most, but you come on here spouting off comments like your a full on member of the Bucks faithful, you my friend are dragging us down, i myself and i know of plenty of others wish you would just go off and start supporting some other club. Just because you pay your entrance fee, does not give you the right to abuse members from opposing teams and officals.

The launceston lads played really well tonight and on another night may have got something from the game, the keeper played well, and made a double save that wouldnt be amiss on match of the day.

Our boys ground out a vital 3 points tonight. and i stress a vital 3 points.

Cracking game and a superb effort from Launceston which was totally ruined by their number 8 trying to fight several members of the Bucks faithful.

Total embarrassment to his club which ruined a truly battling performance......and he did it in front of representatives of the league.

And do you yourself think you represented the club very well tonight? the player had an issue with another supporter, but you became involved when you had no need to, it bothers me when i see you so called supporters act as you do? How long do you claim to be a BAFC supporter? You have only WATCHED the club for 2 years at most, but you come on here spouting off comments like your a full on member of the Bucks faithful, you my friend are dragging us down, i myself and i know of plenty of others wish you would just go off and start supporting some other club. Just because you pay your entrance fee, does not give you the right to abuse members from opposing teams and officals.

The launceston lads played really well tonight and on another night may have got something from the game, the keeper played well, and made a double save that wouldnt be amiss on match of the day.

Our boys ground out a vital 3 points tonight. and i stress a vital 3 points.

I too am very disappointed with, not only last night but, quite sadly most match nights and days. The language is quite unreal and is has been picked up by members of our club, the opposition, league members and my worst fear, young children.

Individuals need to be reminded of their responsibilities. We talk about respect to the match officials but what about respect full stop. Was not witness to the events of the final whistle but was told about it and i am very disappointed but also very worried that this type of behaviour, happens all too often.

So to be a full member of the Bucks faithful you have to do what exactly?

Who decides?

Do you have to come on here and have a go at Bucks supporters all the the time?

Do you have to have an high and mighty attitude so that you think you are more important than anybody else?

Do you have to dedicate your time to the club in other ways, marking the pitch etc?

No wonder the club can't get extra people through the gate when people like you don't like outsiders anyway!

Total shame that the club have people with attitudes like yours, I am just glad it doesn't run through the club and the vast majority are wonderful people.

You get your wish though, I won't trouble your very own personal club again.....

I really can't be doing with your pathetic attitude.

I'm presuming this post is aimed at me?

If you think this is a 1 person vendetta, then you are wrong, its just I'm the person who comes on here to try and dampen the flames you insist on re igniting?

All the postings I've made are my opinions, I don't post often just when required to.

I'm pretty sure that the opinions of our club has declined in the last couple seasons, part maybe to finding some success and part to the increase of language and abuse aimed at officals and opposition. I know this happens at most grounds and it will always be there, but if when it gets out of hand, eg fridays game and we don't try and do something about it in some way then we to look at ourselves as a club?

There were a few comments flying around on sat at the reserves game, (and being a self proclaimed bucks faithful was surprised not to see you) which obviously have been listened to?

The statement about the gate numbers is a classic, its the language and abuse that keeps the FANS away, and I'm pretty sure that taking 1 bad Apple off the tree will see a few good ones appear?

If this is your last post then farewell, and best of luck with whatever team you watch in the future, and come November you may be a faithful of thiers to( sarcasm or not? You decide)

As an occaisional visitor to Buckland I have to say I've always found the club to be friendly & welcoming.

There have been (for whatever reason)a couple of unsavoury incidents recently - vs Bodmin and vs Launceston - which struck me as out of character for the club so let's hope normal service can now be resumed.