Cornwall Football Forum

Peninsula League Ground Gradings

Taken from the CWPL website-A press release regarding ground recommendations for 2011-12

All Cornish clubs have been recommended following their grounds being inspected

Callington Town-Camelford-Newquay are recommended for CSWPL Premier from Div1W (Step 7 to Step 6)

Helston Athletic-St.Dennis and Sticker are recommended in their application to join the CSWPL (at step 7)

although Sticker are subject to planning

The Devon applicants are not all recommended

Official press release taken from the SWP League Website:

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:09 pm Post subject: Ground Grading Press Release

Summary of Ground Grading Recommendations : April 2011.

The following recommendations will be placed before the May board meeting of the South West Peninsula Football League.

It must be stressed however that Promotion can only be confirmed once the board have accepted the grading committees findings AND the final league positions of teams in their respective leagues are known.

Only 1 club per feeder league or division can be promoted and where 2 or more are recommended it is a matter for the league positions to determine who is successful.

Clubs must finish in 1st or 2nd position in their divisions except where reserve teams occupy a top 2 position(s) in which case 3rd or 4th can be considered.

Applied from Step 7 to Step 6

Budleigh Salterton : Recommended

Callington Town : Recommended subject to dispensation

Camelford : Recommended subject to dispensation

Newquay : Recommended

Stoke Gabriel : Recommended subject to dispensation

Applied from feeder leagues to Step 7

Brixham United : Recommended

Clyst Valley : Not Recommended

Helston Athletic : Recommended

Newtown : Not Recommended

Seaton Town : Not Recommended

Sidmouth Town : Recommended subject to planning consent

St Dennis : Recommended

St Martins : Not Recommended

Sticker : Recommended subject to planning consent

(NB: In the case of Sidmouth & Sticker evidence of planning applications has been provided but confirmation of them being granted is required before their status can be upgraded to recommended).

Applied from outside the feeder league system

Tiverton Town : Ground is acceptable but acceptance or refusal can only be

Considered by the board when all other matters (as above inc. final

league positions) have been resolved.

I cannot understand how St Dennis is recommended and Sticker is only recommended subject to planning consent. Sticker has some of the best facilities in the county as far as I am concerned. This is not a dig at St Dennis, they are a very well run club with facilities improving all the time.

Has anyone been to Godolphin (a great club) but come on swpl the facilities at Sticker are better.

Strange decisions

Money Man

Stickers plans are simply to expand an exitsting stand to my knowledge St.Dennis don't yet have a stand so is it not both that are subject to planning?

As I understand it, grounds at step 7 don't have to have a stand (some at step 6 still don't!)

Could be to do with the changing rooms, ie size and/or facilities?

Stickers plans are simply to expand an exitsting stand to my knowledge St.Dennis don't yet have a stand so is it not both that are subject to planning?

As I understand it, grounds at step 7 don't have to have a stand (some at step 6 still don't!)

I think there is a rule stating that there must be some shelter for spectators at this step. Which Sticker already have and no the other facilities are as good as any. Both Sticker and St. Dennis have good set ups I'm just bemused why Sticker require more and St. Dennis do not when Sticker have more than St. Dennis do already.

I think there is a rule stating that there must be some shelter for spectators at this step. Which Sticker already have and no the other facilities are as good as any. Both Sticker and St. Dennis have good set ups I'm just bemused why Sticker require more and St. Dennis do not when Sticker have more than St. Dennis do already.

No cover at Vospers Oak Villa or Plymstock Utd, no real cover at either Callington (a very small shed) or Godolphin (a cover for the tea bar). It seems that as long as you have changing rooms of a certain size (ask Perranporth), a patch of ground with 2 nets and a loo somewhere nearby, you are in.

As much as I like Mark & Phil @ SWPL, it is nonsense for them to suggest that the new league is raising standards. The football in Div 1 West is average at best, the facilities compared with the old SWL (also at Step 7) are far worse and the lack of potential FA Cup prize money is not helping at all.

Clubs such as Dobwalls, Hayle and Camelford are to be applauded for improving facilities. But I know that many travelling Newquay supporters are sick and tired of grounds with no cover from rain, no protection from cold winds, no bar to thaw out in. If those fans stay at home next season (and watch the Combo side), not only would the players miss the support, the host club would miss out on the income those supporters generate, although our own club would benefit.

The prospect of St Dennis and Helston in winter with little or no cover, does not fill me with joy. At least Wadebridge are coming down !

Latest from the SWP web site

Following a meeting with league officers at tonights Ground-Hop match I am able to upgrade Stickers application to "Recommended subject to dispensation" and have also clarified that St Dennis has the same "Recommended subject to dispensation" as both clubs would need to build and finance sufficient covered standing areas as required for Step 7

Recent photo's of the new stand under construction at Stoke Gabriel. We might see them in the Premier next season.

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Reports_%26_News/Gallery

Great to see the facilities being improved.

No cover at Vospers Oak Villa or Plymstock Utd, no real cover at either Callington (a very small shed) or Godolphin (a cover for the tea bar). It seems that as long as you have changing rooms of a certain size (ask Perranporth), a patch of ground with 2 nets and a loo somewhere nearby, you are in.

As much as I like Mark & Phil @ SWPL, it is nonsense for them to suggest that the new league is raising standards. The football in Div 1 West is average at best, the facilities compared with the old SWL (also at Step 7) are far worse and the lack of potential FA Cup prize money is not helping at all.

Clubs such as Dobwalls, Hayle and Camelford are to be applauded for improving facilities. But I know that many travelling Newquay supporters are sick and tired of grounds with no cover from rain, no protection from cold winds, no bar to thaw out in. If those fans stay at home next season (and watch the Combo side), not only would the players miss the support, the host club would miss out on the income those supporters generate, although our own club would benefit.

The prospect of St Dennis and Helston in winter with little or no cover, does not fill me with joy. At least Wadebridge are coming down !

Are you sure it is the poor facilities that you are afraid of lol. There is a large covered area at Helston - or there was one there last night

I cannot understand how St Dennis is recommended and Sticker is only recommended subject to planning consent. Sticker has some of the best facilities in the county as far as I am concerned. This is not a dig at St Dennis, they are a very well run club with facilities improving all the time.

Has anyone been to Godolphin (a great club) but come on swpl the facilities at Sticker are better.

Strange decisions

Money Man

chappers what a load of poop u spout!!!!!!st dennis have a better pitch than st austells n the 2nd pitch is gettin re-done 2 the same standard-the changing rooms now r better than st austells n they're gettin re-built n as 4 a stand u think a lick of paint tidys things up pah!!! ur club house is good 4 demolition where st dennis have spent a whack of cash on an extension that is looking really good,the smokers hut up there is bigger than ur club!!!!!!!! sounds like ur afraid of some serious competition cos it wont take the boys there long 2 catch up wiv u on all fronts matey,how many other teams boast 2 playable pitches in the swpl m8?

Perhaps the difference maybe (I'm just guessing here) is that St Dennis already have the planning consent and Sticker's is still in progress?

No Sticker have full planning permission which has been sent to the peninsula league. St.Dennis as far as im aware do not have it yet. Someone from St. Dennis may correct me if im wrong.

Perhaps the difference maybe (I'm just guessing here) is that St Dennis already have the planning consent and Sticker's is still in progress?

No Sticker have full planning permission which has been sent to the peninsula league. St.Dennis as far as im aware do not have it yet. Someone from St. Dennis may correct me if im wrong.

Posted by Phil Hiscox on 21st April on the Peninsula League site:

"Following a meeting with league officers at tonights Ground-Hop match I am able to upgrade Stickers application to "Recommended subject to dispensation" and have also clarified that St Dennis has the same "Recommended subject to dispensation" as both clubs would need to build and finance sufficient covered standing areas as required for Step 7, this does NOT apply to Brixham United & Helston who already have sufficient covered standing in place."

sit in ur car then-problem solved

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from the SWP website

Constitution of Divisions Season 2011/12

At the Board Meeting of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League held on Monday 9th May, taking into account league positions and the recommendations of the Ground Grading Committee who had visited each applicant, it was agreed:

Division One to Premier: Camelford are promoted from Division One West to the Premier Division and Wadebridge Town are relegated from Premier to Division One West.

Feeder Leagues to Step 7: Helston Athletic (Cornwall Combination League) and St Dennis (East Cornwall Premier League) are both promoted to Division One West and Sidmouth Town (Devon & Exeter League) to Division One East.

(NB. Sidmouth Town have been granted planning permission from East Devon District Council for a stand).

Boundary Adjustments: Okehampton Argyle are transferred to the East Division. It was felt that far West clubs have undue travelling compared to East clubs and transferring Okehampton to East would reduce most West clubs annual mileage.

Tiverton Town: The clubs desire to place a Reserve team in the league was not a promotion application subject to ground grading and league positions. The board had a full debate on the matter and when put to the vote the application was refused.

The league will operate next season with 55 Clubs of which 20 will be in the Premier Division, 18 in Division One East and 17 in Division One West.

P A Hiscox

12th May 2011

League Constitution Season 2011/12

Carlsberg South West Peninsula League Forum Index -> General League Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic

SWP Web-Master

Site Admin

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:01 pm Post subject: League Constitution Season 2011/12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Constitution of Divisions Season 2011/12

At the Board Meeting of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League held on Monday 9th May, taking into account league positions and the recommendations of the Ground Grading Committee who had visited each applicant, it was agreed:

Division One to Premier: Camelford are promoted from Division One West to the Premier Division and Wadebridge Town are relegated from Premier to Division One West.

Feeder Leagues to Step 7: Helston Athletic (Cornwall Combination League) and St Dennis (East Cornwall Premier League) are both promoted to Division One West and Sidmouth Town (Devon & Exeter League) to Division One East.

(NB. Sidmouth Town have been granted planning permission from East Devon District Council for a stand).

Boundary Adjustments: Okehampton Argyle are transferred to the East Division. It was felt that far West clubs have undue travelling compared to East clubs and transferring Okehampton to East would reduce most West clubs annual mileage.

Tiverton Town: The clubs desire to place a Reserve team in the league was not a promotion application subject to ground grading and league positions. The board had a full debate on the matter and when put to the vote the application was refused.

The league will operate next season with 55 Clubs of which 20 will be in the Premier Division, 18 in Division One East and 17 in Division One West.

P A Hiscox

12th May 2011

Taken from the CSWPL Website

Well done to the peninsula league for using there common sense with the Okehampton decision. Does that leave another space in the Peninsula west? As two are usually relegated + Okehampton = 3 teams out and only St. Dennis and Helston go in?

Let Sticker in! They have been trying for three years and only just missed out this year! Especially as there are only to be 17 teams in the SWPL west. Surely the league can bend the rules just once also there were no other applicants from ECPL.

I agree.. Sticker would be a fantastic addition to the swpl west. There pitch and facilities are up there with the best in the county.

Come on let them in they will not let anyone down and am sure will do very well in the league too.

Keep up the good work Sticker, IO am sure the league will see sense.

Money MAN

Sorry, but isn't sentiment a dangerous thing? Firstly it devalues the achievements of the teams who have gained promotion as per the rules and secondly, whilst this is nothing personal against ANY team, the bottom line is that any team that has failed to get into the promotion spots obviously was not good enough over the season. Harsh as that may seem I think it is a dngerous thing to let teams in who have not achieved the right quality and this will only impact on the overall quality of the league.

I think the top two finish / only one team promoted requirements are part of the pyramid system and laid down by the FA.

I don't think the league has any room for manouver.

Better luck next year.

Yep - I think one of the reasons for only promoting one club from each feeder league is to help the stability of the feeder league. With St Dennis promoted the EPCL is already looking like having a division of 15 next season. Taking two clubs would worsen this situation.

Whilst I appreciate the work it takes for people to arrange league set ups etc.

It is a disgrace if Sticker ( again ) don't go up. Only 17 teams in the league anyway. Congrats to St.Dennis, and don't take this the wrong way, but Stickers facilities are better. The standards of facilities are dropping in that league.

Le Boss the rules state that promotion candidates must finish in the top two. Unless one of the top two are unable to go up, as in the case of Sticker where Torpoint are above them. Third place may then be considered for promotion and as sticker are third why should the peninsula league not be full? As for not having the quality Sticker are certainly stronger than many in the penisnula league.

As for the ECPL sticker second team would happily take over the clubs East cornwall league place allowing them to step to the next level after 3 consecutive promotions for them in the duchy league (if they were unable to fill the space in the east cornwall league).

Le Boss the rules state that promotion candidates must finish in the top two. Unless one of the top two are unable to go up, as in the case of Sticker where Torpoint are above them. Third place may then be considered for promotion and as sticker are third why should the peninsula league not be full? As for not having the quality Sticker are certainly stronger than many in the penisnula league.

As for the ECPL sticker second team would happily take over the clubs East cornwall league place allowing them to step to the next level after 3 consecutive promotions for them in the duchy league (if they were unable to fill the space in the east cornwall league).

Perhaps Sticker should ask the question of the SWPL they certainly seem to have plenty of support on yere!

Saying a team who don't finish in the top 2 isnt good enough for promotion is fair enough, however, this works both ways..........if you finish bottom of a league doesn't this mean you arent good enough for that level?!

Yes it does but it seems silly that a team who can finish as low as 6th can still get promoted which happened last season.

Saying a team who don't finish in the top 2 isnt good enough for promotion is fair enough, however, this works both ways..........if you finish bottom of a league doesn't this mean you arent good enough for that level?!

Yes it does but it seems silly that a team who can finish as low as 6th can still get promoted which happened last season.

You've lost me a bit here - I don't think there were any promotions into the Peninsula league (or from East / West to Premier) from 6th place.

I assume you're talking about Championship to Premier League which of course has nothing to do with what's right or fair but has everything to do with making money.

You've lost me a bit here - I don't think there were any promotions into the Peninsula league (or from East / West to Premier) from 6th place.

I assume you're talking about Championship to Premier League which of course has nothing to do with what's right or fair but has everything to do with making money.

I was actually talking about an instance in junior football but perhaps this process does not happen in senior football.