Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup - Bodmin Town 0 St.Austell 2

I thought I heard the announcer state 750 before the start of the Senior cup

A real shame that, if it's true.

I guess it's a combination of having the match so far down west and having a very poorly supported team (Bodmin) involved.

there were a lot of neutrals there too! Bodmin deserved winners after their 2nd half display but St.Austell were unlucky not to get (at least) a pen!

Congratulations to hayle who made west Cornwall proud as a venue for the senior & junior cup. Slightly dissapointed to see my brothers side lose the junior cup by such a margin which probably flattered torpoint although I think on the day they proved to be the better side but not by a 3 goal margin. Stephen Todd was voted man of match and had an excellent game limiting the illogan attack but the player that caught a lot of "west" spectators eyes was Jason bates who was exceptional in the 2nd half.

One moan!! Sorry! But the beer tent could have run adjacent to the pitch to still be away from the field of play but close enough to enjoy the games!!

Gr8 comeback from Bodmin to lift the cup after being 2 goals down but the afternoon atmosphere was created by the fantastic "if not a little tipsy" st Austell crowd who were without doubt the highlight of the day......I don't know which set of supporters the streaker belonged too but he had blistering pace!!!!!!

To sum up cracking sunny weather in the west of the county, & a good job & thankyou to hayle as hosts particulary Ian Gregory for the end of season pitch he provided

I thought I heard the announcer state 750 before the start of the Senior cup

A real shame that, if it's true.

I guess it's a combination of having the match so far down west and having a very poorly supported team (Bodmin) involved.

Not all football fans have bank holidays off work....

just got in from club and still one or two people left , personally i thought all teams were well supportted and conducted them selves really well so congratulations to all concerned ,heard one complaint about the streaker and that was could he slow down next time so the ladies can have a better look. a good turnout great weather .pitch was fantastic and all at hayle pulled together and hopefully everyone had a great time .so well done to all the team at hayle behind the scenes som ewho have been at the club for well over 12 hours .enjoyrd the atmosphre and hope in the future we will get the change to host theese great games

Well done to Bodmin for winning the senior cup winning the trophy when they didnt even have a goalie but a player in goal ,it seemed a farce that kevin miller wasnt allowed to play in the final the fa should of let him play in the final he wont have many more finals left in him to play .

Well done to Bodmin for winning the senior cup winning the trophy when they didnt even have a goalie but a player in goal ,it seemed a farce that kevin miller wasnt allowed to play in the final the fa should of let him play in the final he wont have many more finals left in him to play .

Isn't that what reserve teams are for?? Bringing in players when you have suspensions or injuries!

And that's a new one on me to about letting a suspended player play as he probably won't have many finals left?

You do the crime you do the time I'm afraid!

St Austell were out the blocks quicker with Whetter firing in with his left foot after Bodmin failed to deal with a freekick; Nancarrow took this goal well although this was due to a poor kick from stand-in keeper Hodge in the Bodmin goal.

Bodmin gradually came back into the game and probably deserved their win in the end; their 1st and 2nd goals were good goals; especially the volley for the 2nd; although Bodmin's winner looked a couple of yards offside. St Austell also had 3 good shouts for a penalty; reminded me abit of Chelsea when they lost to Barcelona in the Champions League a couple of years ago.

I was surprised that St Austell took Nancarrow off; I thought they looked less threatening going forward once he was withdrawn; was he injured?!

The Hayle clubhouse must have done well from the St Austell supporters; some classic chants as always with them: "You're just a small town in Wadebridge!!" being my favourite; poor Hodge in the Bodmin goal also took a lot of grief all game - all very sporting though.

Sorry Pitty, but it was stipulated that the beer tent had to be outside the distance that a can or bottle could be thrown on to the pitch.So I threw a can from the pitch and where it landed was where the tent had to be.

Thanks for the reply Greg if beer can throwing was an Olympic sport you could challenge for a medal.......my comment was muttered by a few people who wanted to enjoy a beer and watch the senior cup game closer to the pitch in the fantastic sunshine in all seriousness I thought you did a gr8 job today and it was great that you got some deserved recognition from the county fa also may I add it was a masterstroke to have a venue so close to a train station to allow supporters to travel and enjoy a gr8 day out!!!!! Have to say the programme was top quality too

St Austell were out the blocks quicker with Whetter firing in with his left foot after Bodmin failed to deal with a freekick; Nancarrow took this goal well although this was due to a poor kick from stand-in keeper Hodge in the Bodmin goal.

Bodmin gradually came back into the game and probably deserved their win in the end; their 1st and 2nd goals were good goals; especially the volley for the 2nd; although Bodmin's winner looked a couple of yards offside. St Austell also had 3 good shouts for a penalty; reminded me abit of Chelsea when they lost to Barcelona in the Champions League a couple of years ago.

I was surprised that St Austell took Nancarrow off; I thought they looked less threatening going forward once he was withdrawn; was he injured?!

The Hayle clubhouse must have done well from the St Austell supporters; some classic chants as always with them: "You're just a small town in Wadebridge!!" being my favourite; poor Hodge in the Bodmin goal also took a lot of grief all game - all very sporting though.

Nanks broke his nose, thats why he could not carry on!!!

Tremendous support for St.Austell - unlucky boys.

Great first half (Gary Penhaligon can hardly have had an easier 45 minutes this season) but 2-0 is always a dangerous lead and so it proved. However, Bodmin's 3rd goal should never have stood as their player who broke free was clearly offside - this is not a bitter & twisted St.Austell supporter speaking(well I am but that's not the point) - we were right in line and it just wasn't even close. Shocking decision by the linesman.

Their 3rd goal woke us up and we could easily have equalised through Bods and then 3 genuinely good penalty shouts in only a few minutes - how at least one wasn't given only the ref will know.

As Dan Blazey remarked, Bodmin are a very poorly supported side and if St.Austell weren't in the final you could have taken 80% of the crowd away. The clubhouse after the match was heaving but with St.Austell supporters with hardly a sniff of anyone from Bodmin despite their winning the cup.....what's the point?

St.Austell players, officials and supporters kept drinking long into the evening (as my head now reminds me) and the talk was all positive. Keep this squad together, add 2 or 3 better players and next season we will be a real threat at the top. No doom and gloom. A fabulously supported and well run club with a fine squad of local lads.

In the end though, well done Bodmin. Lucky with the refereeing decisions but that's football. A last word for Ollie Brokenshire - a St.Austell boy playing for Bodmin but given a great reception by our supporters. I'm sure he'll be back in a white shirt sometime.

Tremendous support for St.Austell - unlucky boys.

Great first half (Gary Penhaligon can hardly have had an easier 45 minutes this season) but 2-0 is always a dangerous lead and so it proved. However, Bodmin's 3rd goal should never have stood as their player who broke free was clearly offside - this is not a bitter & twisted St.Austell supporter speaking(well I am but that's not the point) - we were right in line and it just wasn't even close. Shocking decision by the linesman.

When Olly had the ball played to him he wasn't offside, I was stood 5 yards away and none of us had a shadow of a doubt that he was off!