Cornwall Football Forum

Six changes to SWP West next season

Follwoing the Easter fixtures and recent ground grading announcements, the line ups for next season are becoming clearer. My predictions are:

SWP West - 18 clubs

In - Helston, St Dennis, Wadebridge, Elburton

Out - Camelford (promoted), Okehampton (transfer to East)

SWP East - 18 clubs

In - Sidmouth (one point behind second placed Clyst in D&E with 5 games in hand), Okehampton, Tiverton Reserves

Out - Budleigh (promoted)

The other 4 clubs applying from D&E failed ground gradings. From South Devon, only Brixham Villa passed ground inspection however will finish mid-table.

If Tiverton Reserves have to qualify from a feeder league (as per Truro Reserves) then there will be one club short. In this case, maybe Holdsworthy will be given the option to transfer to the East - I recall this was their preference last season.

The other 4 clubs applying from D&E failed ground gradings. From South Devon, only Brixham Villa passed ground inspection however will finish mid-table.

It was Brixham United who passed the grading, Villa didn't apply as only play on a parks pitch at the moment, although I beleive they have ambitions to eventually have a ground of their own up to the required standard.

It was Brixham United who passed the grading, Villa didn't apply as only play on a parks pitch at the moment, although I beleive they have ambitions to eventually have a ground of their own up to the required standard.

You are correct, however Brixham Utd can not finish in a promotion position either!