Cornwall Football Forum

Crunch time for Bovey and Dartmouth

Crunch time for Bovey and Dartmouth By peninsula league soccer preview

The Big Guns Roll into Town. Gerring , Laight & Fisher

BOVEY TRACEY and Dartmouth meet at Mill Marsh Park tonight (6.30pm) for what is one of their most important games of the season, writes Mike Sampson.

Victory for either side is likely to be enough to ensure that they avoid relegation from the Premier Division and it is more than likely that Bovey will not be resting any players on this occasion.

"It's like a cup final for both sides and it probably will be a case of who deals with the pressure the best," said Dartmouth manager Lance Worthington.

"We were superb against Tavistock but then let ourselves down against Ivybridge but to be fair I had four of my regulars missing for the last game and they will all be available tonight," revealed the Darts boss.

Radley Veale, Andy Widdicombe, Chris Hooper and Chris Harrity all return and go straight into the squad of 15 that travels to Bovey.

Bovey will have several new faces in their squad for the game with former Argyle professional Ben Gerring coming into the Moorlanders defence, whilst former Torquay United striker Ellis Laight will start up front in this vital game.

Midfielders Richard Groves and Steve Orchard are also included and will give managers Kevin Moyle and Steve Massey more options.

Left back Nic Barker returns to the fold and he could be joined by Gary Fisher provided he came through Dawlish's Easter games unscathed.

"It's all about survival and we feel that three points would be enough to keep us up," admitted Massey.

"I was asked to come to Bovey to help keep them up and that is my intention and I will use all the means at my disposal to achieve that aim," he revealed.