Cornwall Football Forum

WHAT A THRILLER

Just got back from watchin a thriller at mt wise in league final st blazey 4 plymouth parkway 6 what a game but best team won st blazey defence very poor and the no3 had a knightmare game before goin off injured .The game had everything including 2 old boys havin a punch up and some of the songs st blazey sung where quite funny but not the song newquay is a shit hole think they must be singing about there own town but they where a laugh especially the white haired st blazey supporter who was ready to take on everyone ,and the supporters who where abusing the supporters at the end where from plymouth and not newquay .The best team won parkway had the livier attackers in sargeant @hobbs very skilllful and powerful .Well done parkway and st blazey for providing such a entertaining game.

A 10 goal thriller, some comical refereeing, quality goals and a punch up, sounds like a Newquay match but no one from Mount Wise was involved. A mildly drunk chap from the Blazey area and a few Parkway fans exchanged views and blows, one game Plymouth woman taking on the world too.

Parkway probably deserved the win but how more people were not booked or sent off I don't know, wouldn't get away with such brutality on the pitch in the West Division.

Nice to see Dane Bunney and few Otters having the Banter with Blazey fans on the way out, that could have kicked off too. Newquay fans just sat back and enjoyed not being involved, admiring some players and possible manager of the club for next season. Got some good pics too, will be on www.cornwall-photos.com by noon tomorrow.

Just got back from watchin a thriller at mt wise in league final st blazey 4 plymouth parkway 6 what a game but best team won st blazey defence very poor and the no3 had a knightmare game before goin off injured .The game had everything including 2 old boys havin a punch up and some of the songs st blazey sung where quite funny but not the song newquay is a shit hole think they must be singing about there own town but they where a laugh especially the white haired st blazey supporter who was ready to take on everyone ,and the supporters who where abusing the supporters at the end where from plymouth and not newquay .The best team won parkway had the livier attackers in sargeant @hobbs very skilllful and powerful .Well done parkway and st blazey for providing such a entertaining game.

Shameful seeing those lads (probably late teens to early 20s) making obscene gestures and shouting obscene language towards our hardcore of fans who had been good-natured all afternoon.

Back to the game - without question the best cup final I have seen St Blazey involved in.

Goals came from Zalick, Reski, Higman and Trott.

Crowd estimate: 350

Shameful seeing those lads (probably late teens to early 20s) making obscene gestures and shouting obscene language towards our hardcore of fans who had been good-natured all afternoon.

Back to the game - without question the best cup final I have seen St Blazey involved in.

Goals came from Zalick, Reski, Higman and Trott.

Crowd estimate: 350

Dan, email me at newquayphotos@gmail.com and I will send a a couple of fans pics for you.

Got to agree with Dave here. The referee was pretty good!

You would say that Dan, he missed an obvious handball for your 3rd goal and the Parkway 10 should have got a yellow for a huge push in the back which the ref ignored despite seeing it. Will admit, he was generally good, as were the linos.

What a game. Mixed feelings after the game because St Blazey put in a massive display to give Parkway a huge scare. After Zallick cooly slotted home after just a couple minutes, Parkway raced into a 3-1 lead and the game looked over. It probably should have been over but for a great save from Tom after a Parkway player was one on one. That proved to be a huge turning point and Higgy pulled one back before half time with a clever lob.

The second half was just as good. Reski scored early on to level it 3-3. Then Trott slammed the ball home with a great low drive to send the Blazey fans wild. By now St Blazey looked in control. Parkways keeper then made a great save with Reski almost scoring. Then a turning point, Smithy in the central defence got a blow to the head that held the game up. From this Parkway scored to make it 4-4.

For some reason the Parkway manager and one player decided to turn on a few supporters and make it known theyd scored. Now there are some who you could do that and they will look the other way, and there are some will wont take that and today they picked on the wrong people. Now I no youll all say its not right, but hey, its happened, it somehow added to a great cup final. One was chucked out the ground, the two parkway people sent off. Now there was an edge to the game (as if it needed that anyway!!)

Full time, 4-4.

Extra time was very disapointing. Sabo missed a clearance for Parkway to make it 5-4. Then the real killer blow, a Parkway player is one on one with Sabo when his knee gives way, he crumbles to the floor and hes left with all but an open goal with Tom having no chance. A shame to see the game end that way.

Anyway, a great afternoons football.

And who ever the silly boys were who thought theyd wind a few up, why do and then run away? Not clever. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to Parkway on their victory today. However what a great job Hooper & Lafferty have done at St Blazey given the difficulties of the flood, the freeze and the finance. There is very clearly the nucleus of a committed and talented squad who are likely to move on unless the powers that be step up to the plate.

So well done to all involved in the team, the challenge now comes with the committee who are no longer in a position to run the monthly draw, what a farce. Wake up and smell the roses or lose a great deal!!!!!!!!

SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS A GREAT GAME FOR THE NEUTRAL..

SURPRISED AT THE CROWD THOUGH 350?.THOUGHT THESE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE

WELL SUPPORTED TEAMS !! THATS WELL SHORT OF SENIOR CUP-FINAL AND THIS

ONE WAS IN NEWQUAY.ST.BLAZEY MUST HAVE TAKEN THERE USUAL 30-40 AWAY

SUPPORTERS :yahoo:

Well done Plymouth Parkway, cracking game to watch

Just a thought,

Why do parkway spoil it with there high aggression play? What I'm trying to say is, they are a very good side with a lot of class about them but on the other side there high aggression play let's them down badly, I'm not just talking today, I'm talking all season.

Let me know your thoughts please

I'm guessing we had around 150, Parkway perhaps 100, with the rest being neutrals.

Just read that the actual attendance today was 436. Clearly my estimating skills not up to it today!

I'm guessing we had around 150, Parkway perhaps 100, with the rest being neutrals.

Just read that the actual attendance today was 436. Clearly my estimating skills not up to it today!

Maybe Parkway would have had a few more (and even we might have) if Argyle hadnt been playing Southampton at Home today. Lets not talk about though!! :wacko:

I did think it was probably more than your 350 estimate. So around half the attendance of the senior cup final but that was for 2 matches. Not much in it then. :drink:

Just a few thoughts on the fracas. As a neutral I think it fair to say that both sides of the altercation were equally as guilty. The "banter" from three St Blazey supporters aginst the Parkway No.3 and the numbers of Parkway management/subs in the dugout area had been going on since early in the first half (at a distance) and continued into the 2nd half (at much closer quarters).

The three St.B fans were in the bar at end of first half and at start of second half so missed two goals. The news of the level score and then the greens taking the lead , coupled presumably with alcohol , led to the language etc. getting louder. The Parkway bench were reacting more and more and the equaliser by Parkway sparked the real melee. A sub on the Parkwayway bench swore at the St.B. fans and then all hell let loose.

Members of the Parkway management team climbed over the railing to join in and the rest is history.

Just a few thoughts :- parkway officials should not have entered the phsyical affray , the St.B. fans were fuelled by drink - all in all a very potent cocktail.

As a neutral it was very interesting !!

Not being at the match, I can only offer my opinion based on what has been posted on this forum. I believe Parkway should be penalised by the League for their reaction which was witnessed by a number of league officials.I know they will be punished by Devon FA once they receive the Referee's report

As I have stated on other posts, Parkway unfortunately have a couple of thugs in their team, and it would appear that the management do not lead by example. Would it not have been easier to turn to the St Blazey supporters and smile after they had equalised? They clearly let their football do the talking during extra time. Why the need to show everyone that they are "real men"? The St Blazey supporters got the reaction they were after, and I would guess that they were hoping the reaction may have had a detrimental affect on Parkway's performance.

Having said that, The FAs Respect campaign does not only concern the players and management, it also concerns supporters, (who are the responsibility of the respective club.)

well that's only the 3rd game I have watched all season and I don't think its good to let what happened outside the pitch take anything away from a cracking game and really good go by blazey to win a cup , thought hoops and laffs really had a go at parkway , but that's the first time iv watched Parkway and I was impressed with them , they spread the opposition back unit and create one on ones and yes they are a powerfull side but that's football, First time iv seen Glynn Hobbs and he is a very strong player but I thought their no 8 on the left wing was really good , Blazey play football and scored four goals in a final so you have to feel unlucky for them, The ref was quality and delt with most things the handball was the linos call but he was unsighted so these things happen Chris Reski still had a lot to do to score but done well in finishing ,I felt sorry for the Blazey defender who was injured when parkway scored their last goal St Blazey did not deserve that, Really good to catch up with Glyn and Phil and also Reg and twin on friday , But must finish on wishing Jim Hilton all the best for the future after stepping down from Newquay, Ending on wishing the G boys the best on a great season , Now back to Golf Alan Metts

What a game. Mixed feelings after the game because St Blazey put in a massive display to give Parkway a huge scare. After Zallick cooly slotted home after just a couple minutes, Parkway raced into a 3-1 lead and the game looked over. It probably should have been over but for a great save from Tom after a Parkway player was one on one. That proved to be a huge turning point and Higgy pulled one back before half time with a clever lob.

The second half was just as good. Reski scored early on to level it 3-3. Then Trott slammed the ball home with a great low drive to send the Blazey fans wild. By now St Blazey looked in control. Parkways keeper then made a great save with Reski almost scoring. Then a turning point, Smithy in the central defence got a blow to the head that held the game up. From this Parkway scored to make it 4-4.

For some reason the Parkway manager and one player decided to turn on a few supporters and make it known theyd scored. Now there are some who you could do that and they will look the other way, and there are some will wont take that and today they picked on the wrong people. Now I no youll all say its not right, but hey, its happened, it somehow added to a great cup final. One was chucked out the ground, the two parkway people sent off. Now there was an edge to the game (as if it needed that anyway!!)

Full time, 4-4.

Extra time was very disapointing. Sabo missed a clearance for Parkway to make it 5-4. Then the real killer blow, a Parkway player is one on one with Sabo when his knee gives way, he crumbles to the floor and hes left with all but an open goal with Tom having no chance. A shame to see the game end that way.

And who ever the silly boys were who thought theyd wind a few up, why do and then run away? Not clever. :rolleyes:

Throgmorton Cup.doc

Full time, 4-4.

Pleqse see the attachment in answer to your post.

Not being at the match, I can only offer my opinion based on what has been posted on this forum. I believe Parkway should be penalised by the League for their reaction which was witnessed by a number of league officials.I know they will be punished by Devon FA once they receive the Referee's report

As I have stated on other posts, Parkway unfortunately have a couple of thugs in their team, and it would appear that the management do not lead by example. Would it not have been easier to turn to the St Blazey supporters and smile after they had equalised? They clearly let their football do the talking during extra time. Why the need to show everyone that they are "real men"? The St Blazey supporters got the reaction they were after, and I would guess that they were hoping the reaction may have had a detrimental affect on Parkway's performance.

Having said that, The FAs Respect campaign does not only concern the players and management, it also concerns supporters, (who are the responsibility of the respective club.)

For anybody not at the match, or those quick to jump to conclusions, I just wanted to clarify that the St Blazey hardcore of support (the "behind the goal" crew) had nothing whatsoever to do with the disturbances on Monday.

Dan Hazelton

Full time, 4-4.

I have to stand up for the Blazey Replica shirt brigade, it was not the usual Blazey travelling and noisy support who caused the trouble, just 2 drunk fools. Yes Blazey and Newquay supporters have upped the ante by creating atmosphere at games, singing is heard at every League ground, replica shirts are worn and flags displayed. I tend to find that most clubs Newquay visit, are very welcoming and enjoy our banter and the income we generate.

I will also defend the right of the Parkway folk to protect their own from violence, it has no place in football on or off the pitch. The incident must be put into perspective, 2 drunks out of 400+, you will find a hell of a lot worse at any big pub in any town on any weekend but that isn't newsworthy.

Well done to Parkway, they have come a long way in the last decade.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure who exactly its from. Look, id like to make a point that there are several of us who travel everywhere to watch St Blazey and enjoy a bit of banter and stick up a few flags. (Nice to see the Parkway ones up yesterday). Sadly we had a few with us yesterday who can only be descibed as a sandwich short of a picnic. Add to that a few beers and there was no picnic left!! Ill admit some of it was just embarrasing and I did speak to a few Parkway fans who agreed with me that just cant educate pork!! Id like to think that the usual group who are there week in week out wont be tagged with the trouble and are nothing to do with this and a few casuals on the day made it some what embarrasing.

As for the result, well done to Parkway. I came away with a sence of pride that St Blazey had battled to the end. 2 games to go and then a nice summer to look forward to.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure who exactly its from. Look, id like to make a point that there are several of us who travel everywhere to watch St Blazey and enjoy a bit of banter and stick up a few flags. (Nice to see the Parkway ones up yesterday). Sadly we had a few with us yesterday who can only be descibed as a sandwich short of a picnic. Add to that a few beers and there was no picnic left!! Ill admit some of it was just embarrasing and I did speak to a few Parkway fans who agreed with me that just cant educate pork!! Id like to think that the usual group who are there week in week out wont be tagged with the trouble and are nothing to do with this and a few casuals on the day made it some what embarrasing.

As for the result, well done to Parkway. I came away with a sence of pride that St Blazey had battled to the end. 2 games to go and then a nice summer to look forward to.

Paul it's nice to finally see someone from St Blazey post an honest and unbiased view of the embarrassing behaviour from a few bad apples that follow Blazey, the three drunk supporters that undoubtedly caused the fracas disgraced what is a fantastic club that have a very loyal following and an envious history, Glyn Hooper and Phil Lafferty have done a brilliant job this season in what can only be described as difficult conditions this season.

Dan blazey in an earlier post defended the so called hardcore loyal fans that stood behind the Parkway goal during the entire 120 minutes, he assured everyone who reads this forum that these fans acted with dignity and had nothing to do with any ill feelings from Parkway supporters, I was stood by the halfway line and when a Parkway player was getting treatment from the physio I and many other supporters heard these lovely chaps chant " let him die, let him die, let him die" very sporting!!! These six or so idiots age ranged from 20 ish to 60 ish, to say there was more than one person suggesting that they grow up and show some respect would be an understatement, I see this sort of behaviour as inciting trouble simple as that.

What a shame that these fools are allowed to be associated with your club and that Dan Blazey is even stupid enough to support there actions.

I ask you a simple question Dan Blazey, if that was your own Son laying on the floor receiving treatment would you be happy with six or seven clots chanting these songs and do you consider this exceptable sporting behaviour??? I look forward to hearing your honest view.

Paul it's nice to finally see someone from St Blazey post an honest and unbiased view of the embarrassing behaviour from a few bad apples that follow Blazey, the three drunk supporters that undoubtedly caused the fracas disgraced what is a fantastic club that have a very loyal following and an envious history, Glyn Hooper and Phil Lafferty have done a brilliant job this season in what can only be described as difficult conditions this season.

Dan blazey in an earlier post defended the so called hardcore loyal fans that stood behind the Parkway goal during the entire 120 minutes, he assured everyone who reads this forum that these fans acted with dignity and had nothing to do with any ill feelings from Parkway supporters, I was stood by the halfway line and when a Parkway player was getting treatment from the physio I and many other supporters heard these lovely chaps chant " let him die, let him die, let him die" very sporting!!! These six or so idiots age ranged from 20 ish to 60 ish, to say there was more than one person suggesting that they grow up and show some respect would be an understatement, I see this sort of behaviour as inciting trouble simple as that.

What a shame that these fools are allowed to be associated with your club and that Dan Blazey is even stupid enough to support there actions.

I ask you a simple question Dan Blazey, if that was your own Son laying on the floor receiving treatment would you be happy with six or seven clots chanting these songs and do you consider this exceptable sporting behaviour??? I look forward to hearing your honest view.

Yes, because it is banter and is to be expected at a football match.

There is a massive difference between that and getting p*ssed off your face and throwing punches.

The perpetrators of the disturbance must be loving it that certain people are trying to divert attention away from the real issues on Monday.

We are football fans. We sing because we love our team. Simple.

Yes, because it is banter and is to be expected at a football match.

There is a massive difference between that and getting p*ssed off your face and throwing punches.

The perpetrators of the disturbance must be loving it that certain people are trying to divert attention away from the real issues on Monday.

We are football fans. We sing because we love our team. Simple.

Went to the derby with St Austell tonight and none of the people involved in the disturbance on Monday were seen at the game.Plenty of banter in the stand with not even a scent of trouble. In my opinion of Monday's incident (was stood 10 yards away) the Blazey fans (numbering 3) were goading the Parkway bench. They got a reaction following the equalising goal but then both Parkway fans and Blazey fans congregated around the dugout aggrevating each other. The manager of Parkway was very irresponsible in jumping the fence and offering to fight the world, this just lit the fuse with everybody within 5 yards (in my opinion very similar to what happened at St Austell last year so we will wait and see if any punishment is handed out).

In summing up the 3 Blazey fans were unruly the several Parkway fans who wanted to get involved were silly and the Manager was idiotic (even though good to see that he's passionate better ways to channel your passion). Well played to Parkway who were deserved winners on the day and good luck for next season.

Le Chenz, I have read your reply and can only shake my head in astonishment at how ignorant you must be to not realise that the vast majority of people attending football find not all but much of your so called banter as aggressive and offensive, I chose the incident in my earlier post regarding the injured player receiving treatment as this didn't involve the abusive swearing that you were using during your other chants, this being done so in front of many women and children that attended the final to support their team.

I feel that you hide behind St Blazey FC just so you can try and upset people.

A group of Parkway supporters walked past you just before the end of the match and must have said something to you that upset you all, they didn't shout and scream it at you as no one else could hear what was said to you, what ever was said by this group probably wasn't a pleasant hello!! the reaction from your group was just amazing, the further these supporters had walked away from where you were all stood the louder and more aggressive your language and behaviour became, then by the time they got past the halfway line behind me you were all shouting and screaming like demented morongs, very very sad indeed.

When you can't take what you dish out to others that you have defended as banter clearly doesn't make sense judging by your reactions, come on be honest that's exactly what happened, you took offence at this so called football banter handed back to you and reacted aggressively.

friendly banter is all well and good when it is friendly banter.

Yours is not.

the abusive swearing that you were using during your other chants, this being done so in front of many women and children that attended the final to support their team.

Could you give some examples of this, R2000? I was stood behind the goal all game and heard none.

What about the opposing fan (either Parkway or Newquay) who felt the need to expose his hairy posterior to all present? The incident towards the end was 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other at very best and it's a shame you've tried to use it to label us as thugs.

Our fans were well-behaved and good natured all game. Yes one or two of them "gave as good as they got" towards the end, but that is a human reaction when you are provoked and I'm sure it wouldn't have been any different with supporters of any other team.

Fans we are. Thugs we are not.

Dan Blazey, I have read your reply and can only shake my head in astonishment at how ignorant you must be to not realise that the vast majority of people attending football find not all but much of your so called banter as aggressive and offensive, I chose the incident in my earlier post regarding the injured player receiving treatment as this didn't involve the abusive swearing that you were using during your other chants, this being done so in front of many women and children that attended the final to support their team.

I feel that you hide behind St Blazey FC just so you can try and upset people.

A group of Parkway supporters walked past you just before the end of the match and must have said something to you that upset you all, they didn't shout and scream it at you as no one else could hear what was said to you, what ever was said by this group probably wasn't a pleasant hello!! the reaction from your group was just amazing, the further these supporters had walked away from where you were all stood the louder and more aggressive your language and behaviour became, then by the time they got past the halfway line behind me you were all shouting and screaming like demented morons, very very sad indeed.

When you can't take what you dish out to others that you have defended as banter clearly doesn't make sense judging by your reactions, come on be honest that's exactly what happened, you took offence at this so called football banter handed back to you and reacted aggressively.

friendly banter is all well and good when it is friendly banter.

Yours is not.

the abusive swearing that you were using during your other chants, this being done so in front of many women and children that attended the final to support their team.

Could you give some examples of this, R2000? I was stood behind the goal all game and heard none.

What about the opposing fan (either Parkway or Newquay) who felt the need to expose his hairy posterior to all present? The incident towards the end was 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other at very best and it's a shame you've tried to use it to label us as thugs.

Our fans were well-behaved and good natured all game. Yes one or two of them "gave as good as they got" towards the end, but that is a human reaction when you are provoked and I'm sure it wouldn't have been any different with supporters of any other team.

Fans we are. Thugs we are not.

Dan I haven't accused you or anyone of being thugs, I said you were stupid and acted like morons.

I agree that your banter got a reaction from some Parkway supporters, without your aggressive and abusive chanting I'm sure the response wouldn't have accured,

As for you not hearing the swearing or seeing the abusive gesturing in front of women and children you have very selective hearing my friend and I suggesst a visit to spec savers!! it was there for all to listen to, as for the gesturing just take a look at the photos posted on this forum, again proof for everyone to see.

A ten goal thriller spoilt by a few.

I wish all the decent folk that support St Blazey my very best wishes for the future, as I said earlier a massive club with an envious history, I also hope that St Blazey manage to keep Glyn Hooper and Phil Lafferty for the forth coming season as they have done a terrific job.

This will be my last post on this subject.

You haven't given any examples of this "abusive chanting" so your post has no substance.

Please don't tarnish us all with the same brush.

Isn't there an example of abusive behaviour by the St Blazey supporters on the Cornwall Photos website???? I was there and am glad I didn't bring my kids along.

http://www.cornwall-photos.com/cat/11541/st-blazey-v-plymouth-parkway/3

You haven't given any examples of this "abusive chanting" so your post has no substance.

Please don't tarnish us all with the same brush.

Dan, take your head out of the sand and for once on this subject be honest.

There were many unsavoury chants coming from your supporters.

I gave one example in an earlier post,

I asked you a question that you never answered which was...... would you be happy if your son had gone down injured and was receiving treatment and a group of men were chanting "let him die, let him die, let him die"... would you find that friendly banter? Myself and many people around me did not, it was offensive, i ask you again!!!! please defend this chant Dan if you feel you can

Just admit that on this occasion you got it wrong, people would respect you more for doing so, instead you are making yourself look even more foolish by trying to defend this behaviour.

There were many many people stood near me during the game that were offended by the chants saying that they wished you would all just grow up and act like adults.

They can't all be wrong Dan surly.

However you reply to this last post I will not be posting again, I will let other people who read this forum to use their own judgment.

Hello, I am one of the 'aforementioned' Parkway supporters that walked around the side of the pitch in the 119th minute of the match, so I will be giving you a 100% unbiased opinion on what exactly took place...

As we walked past the St.Blazey supporters who stood behind Parkway's goal, a friend of mine asked the Blazey fans whats the score was, in an attempt to engage in some friendly banter, this was met by a tirade of abuse, which included bad language and derrogatory remarks about people from Plymouth.

For the purpose of Dan Blazey who clearly has amnesia after Monday's events your 'hardcore' supporters chanted no less than 6 times like a pack of wild animals "If you're from Plymouth, we hope you die."

I repeat, we tried to engaged in a bit of harmless terrace banter, which was met by relentless abuse, and even offered us to come back behind the goal to have a fight.

Wasn't it St.Blazey who were again involved in hooliganism activities at Blaise Park in the Cornwall Senior Cup a few years ago?!?

I can't speak on behalf of the male that exposed himself to the Blazey fans, as he wasn't a part of our group, IF the group behind the goal (St Blazey fans) acted like that in a professional sporting arena, I'm pretty sure they would be subject to a 3 year banning order or forced to play behind closed doors ala, Galatasaray in the mid-90's!!

Everybody likes the following St.Blazey attracts, however what myself, friends and families at the stadium do not want to see is a bunch of midless yobs shouting obscenities constantly....if we wanted to watch animals, I'd go to Paignton Zoo for an extra £2.50p.......

Full time, 4-4.

Pleqse see the attachment in answer to your post.

Throgmorton Cup

Plymouth Parkway v St. Blazey

I would like to comment on your biased view of events yesterday. Forget the six numpties singing rubbish; let’s just concentrate on the incident around our dugout.

I was directly opposite and had a very clear view. A group of Blazey people had occupied an area behind the Parkway dugout. Two people in particular, one an inebriated grey haired chap, and another in a red and black/dark grey top, rushed at the dugout when Blazey went 4 - 3 up. They leaned in and started mouthing, and when they were told to go away, the grey haired guy started to get aggressive and wanted to fight the world.

When Parkway equalised the dugout turned to this crown and cheered. At this point the grey headed guy lost it and wanted to fight. He headed for some Parkway people stood behind the dugout and there was a bit of pushing and shoving. One of Parkways oldest supporters a sprightly chap of 84, was being hassled. This was our dear friend Charlie (Gez Baggot`s dad). Gez did what any other man would have done, and went to his dads aid.

You guys should remember that if you give it out, you should be prepared to take it back. If you argue that it was good humoured and you were then treated badly, then you seriously need to take a look at yourselves, and book in for a reality check. You should have realised when a Blazey hero like Glyn Hooper walked down the pitch to try to encourage your so called supporters to go back with the main body of St. Blazey people that he knew that they should never have been there in the first place, especially pi$$ed. He realised that if they had stayed with the rest of you there would have been no such incident, and his actions spoke volumes.

Your people were there to annoy us but the drink took over and they caused the scenes we all witnessed. Football supporters make the game great, but you must realise that six numpties who want all other teams to have singing fans are backing a losing horse.

Parkway brought over 100 supporters to Newquay, 82 in a bus and the rest by car. They came hoping to see Parkway win the cup not only for themselves but in respect of years of hard work by some of the original founders of the club. It was very gratifying to be able to win the cup to honour these guys who incidentally include Charlie and Gez. No one from Parkway went to that game for anything other than to watch the team and to hopefully see them lift the cup at the end.

In conclusion I would suggest some safety features should be considered if your bands of supporters continue in the manner seen yesterday. I must admit to never seeing them behave badly in the past, but you reap what you sow. Maybe St. Blazey should be warned that chanting and over exuberance is what caused football grounds in the football league to be segregated and eventually turned into all seating stadiums. I have only ever seen one other club with singing supporters and that is Newquay. If the trend was going to have been picked up I am sure it would have done so by now. Perhaps you should turn up to a match sing a bit, and if there is no response, realise that the opposition supporters are not inclined to make fools of themselves, and give it up as a bad job. It`s great to see the flags and things, and the odd bit of banter is great, but when this incidents like this happen you have to ask “is it worth it”?

By the way, the photos on this site clearly show the agression on the faces, and some of the actions of St. Blazey supporters (shirt wearing and not). I hope these are used in any decision made over who incited the incident, and I hope you are big enough to accept that 85% of Monday was down to the people who you have so blindly defended. Perhaps you are in the photos? I don`t know because I don`t don`t want to.

Total Stranger

St Blazey FC have suffered too many non-flattering headlines this season and this cup final should have been a chance to savour some good. What a pity the bad is being repeated and I hope the Officers make some effort to deal with those bringing more dis-repute to this fine club.

My final words on the subject:

It is clear that obscene language and gesturing have no place in a football ground.

I can't condone the actions of two of our fans behind the goal who engaged in a confrontational situation with the 10 or so away fans. However, I also can't condone the behaviour of the away fans.

All I have objected to is having the finger pointed at us as we were largely a good-natured, if noisy(!) group. The "let him die" chant can be frequently heard at most football grounds around the country. It is a bit of fun and I've never heard such a fuss about it.

I apologise for any offence caused by any fan who crossed the line with regard to "obscene language and gesturing", but I will not apologise for being vocal about supporting my team.

What about the racist chanting toward the people of Plymouth, and before you get on the defensive about being called a ‘racist’, here is a definition of a racist.

‘Racism-the belief that race accounts for differences in human character, place of birth or ability and that a particular race is superior to others’ (which is exactly what you are alluding to in the game on Monday, with your chants about Plymouth).

Racism has no place in ANY football ground across the planet, including the South West Peninsula League, however you and you mindless bunch of insubordinates need to understand that just because you are ina Non-League ground, you still won't get away with these acts of Racism.

I think now would be a good time to remind you of the Official 'Respect' campaign started by the F.A. at the start of the 2010/2011 season that coincidentally, St.Blazey are a part of....

ah yes!

football in the Sky Sports era where the media would like to make you beleive that all the 80's nonsense has gone from the terraces, it hasn't, its still there yet the media don't pick up on it!

"let him die" has been sung for years at grounds, you sing it when you know that its not serious! if a serious incident is taking place then supporters are generally pretty good at acknowledging this, no one wants to see anyone in a serious condition on a football pitch (unless its Alex Ferguson or Gary Neville).

Who said earlier in the thread about singing not happening at grounds???? thats the bloody problem with football nowadays is that there is not enough singing, give me a game with a bit of an edge to it and singing ahead of some glorious 4-4 draw with everyone getting on any day of the week.

I take my hat off to any supporter of a team who gets behind them, singing and giving a bit of banter, Newquay, Blazey, Truro, even the F Troop made football good fun back in the days when they were around.

People need to get off their high horse!

I'm not condoning bad language or any incidents of any violence at football, but it happens. 2 pissed up idiots out of 400 isn't bad in my book

To St.Darren were you at the game on Monday, if not I suggest you don't comment on things you apparently dont know anything about, and is clear you just back up these mindless yobs!!

Dan Blazey,you say and sound like you didnt hear any of these chants that your 'fellow supporters' did, however I have photographic evidence of you in the middle of these 'animals' performing in a circus, it seems your supporters take the stance 'cornwall v plymouth' and its very much a us v them battle whenever we encounter St.Blazey, of which your chairman above states your embarrasing the club!!

You sound very sanctimonius, as does St.Darren which only backs up my point your all yobs, and you can do no wrong due to your Cornish connections!!

I wasn't there, I never said I was, nor did I condone anything that may have happened at Newquay.

I was talking from a broader scale of things.

Some people go to football to sit there and watch it, others go there with a group of mates for a good sing song and hopefully see there team win. Beleive me, I've seen many away games for Plymouth and Liverpool where the actual trip has been far better than the game of football itself.

it was quoted that a Plymouth Parkway fan walked behind the goal and said "whats the score", if this isn't goading after all that had gone on before it then I don't know what is.

I would like to say something about the behavior of both sets of fans being neutral ,being from newquay the game was 1st class entertainment ,i stood behind the goal at the mayfield end behind the st blazey fans who where quite funny with there songs some rude about living in a shit hole like newquay better than st blazey i think.Well there was 3 st blazey supporters who where over the top especially a bloke with white hair he was a pratt at the end of the match the st blazey fans turned to the parkway fans behind them and clapped them saying well done this was a real nice touch ,then 5 pakway youths walked past the blazey supporters and 1 was mouthing off the score they then got over the far side and continued mouthing off which started the blazey supporters off ,you get a few idiots like this spoiling it for other but overall blazey do bring fun to the game .1 last note it looks like blazey will be losing there manager looks like hes coming to newquay on all accounts and in the paper.Well done to both teams.

Wow, now everybody is putting the knife in!

All I can do at this point is state once again that I, Dan Hazelton, had nothing to do with any abusive chanting, foul language or obscene gestures at the game on Monday.

This would be proved by any photographic or video evidence. Yes, I did chant "let him die", but as I stated earlier, I only viewed this as banter because I knew the situation wasn't too serious. Seeing the view that other respected people on this forum have of this chant (by that I mean Mr Dudley), I will reconsider whether to join in with this chant in future.

Again, I feel it is a shame that the finger has once again been pointed in our direction when it really should be pointed behind the dug-outs.

Dan Hazelton

I would like to say something about the behavior of both sets of fans being neutral ,being from newquay the game was 1st class entertainment ,i stood behind the goal at the mayfield end behind the st blazey fans who where quite funny with there songs some rude about living in a shit hole like newquay better than st blazey i think.Well there was 3 st blazey supporters who where over the top especially a bloke with white hair he was a pratt at the end of the match the st blazey fans turned to the parkway fans behind them and clapped them saying well done this was a real nice touch ,then 5 pakway youths walked past the blazey supporters and 1 was mouthing off the score they then got over the far side and continued mouthing off which started the blazey supporters off ,you get a few idiots like this spoiling it for other but overall blazey do bring fun to the game .1 last note it looks like blazey will be losing there manager looks like hes coming to newquay on all accounts and in the paper.Well done to both teams.

I had forgotten about this. Also, at the end of the game one of the first things the Blazey fans did was to walk up to the Parkway fans behind them, shake their hands and say well done.

Sound like the behaviour of racist hooligans or thugs? No.

''then 5 pakway youths walked past the blazey supporters and 1 was mouthing off the score they then got over the far side and continued mouthing off which started the blazey supporters off'' .

Not entering into any discussion, but there were no youths from parkway in the ground, the youngest supporter would be about 30 years old, other than two children aged 8 to 11 - you make it up as you go along, end of.