Cornwall Football Forum

Div One West Title

By my reckoning Camelford need a win and a draw to clinch the title - and good luck to them - however if the result of the abandoned game with Callington had stood they would definitely need two wins - incredible given that have only lost once this season.

It could still come down to the Friday 13th game !

The point of my posting is that given the Respect campaign, wouldn't it be great to hear from either the CCFA or SWPL what action is being taken against the referee, given the fact that he reported two widely different abandonment times on the night in question, and his error may well be the deciding factor at the end of the season

Players are booked/sent off for their errors - it's on the CCFA website and in the press.

What about the same for refs !!

Top 3 at the moment.

# Team Pl Wo Dr Lo Gf Ga Dif Pts

1 Camelford 27 19 7 1 76 19 57 64

2 Callington 27 19 2 6 75 38 37 59

3 Godolphin 28 18 5 5 65 36 29 59

Maximum possible

Camelford 73

Callington 68

Godolpin 65

So with 64 points Camelford need to gain at least 5 points to be 100% sure of the title.

By my reckoning Camelford need a win and a draw to clinch the title - and good luck to them - however if the result of the abandoned game with Callington had stood they would definitely need two wins - incredible given that have only lost once this season.

The point of my posting is that given the Respect campaign, wouldn't it be great to hear from either the CCFA or SWPL what action is being taken against the referee, given the fact that he reported two widely different abandonment times on the night in question, and his error may well be the deciding factor at the end of the season

Players are booked/sent off for their errors - it's on the CCFA website and in the press.

Camelford would still need 4 points regardless of that result unless Cally beat Camels by a massive score on the 13th, hope it does,nt come down to that.

They shouldn't struggle to much with that linesman. A complete joke today, at 1-0 down, port equalised with a header from the edge of the area, with no player being in the area their lino gave offside against a player right at the back adjudged to be putting the goalkeeper off!!!? unreal, knocked the stuffing out of port and camelford grabbed a few late goals. linesman - :SM_carton:

They shouldn't struggle to much with that linesman. A complete joke today, at 1-0 down, port equalised with a header from the edge of the area, with no player being in the area their lino gave offside against a player right at the back adjudged to be putting the goalkeeper off!!!? unreal, knocked the stuffing out of port and camelford grabbed a few late goals. linesman - :SM_carton:

If thats the best excuse you can come up with for getting thrashed then its a poor one, did he make any other mistakes? did the ref make mistakes? did porth make mistakes? did Camels make mistakes? answer to all these questions is yes. Lots of things determine the outcome of a football match just watch the telly.That linesman is a honest guy who may or may not have made a mistake.Camelford are where they are on merit not because of a cheating linesman as you insinuate.Your remarks are very offensive.

Iknow personally the guys at Camelford and the lino is a top guy so lets leave the personal comments out of it i am nothing to do with the club but regard the Reg Twin and the lino as friends having played with all of them think they have done a top job over the last ten odd years and Camelford have come on leaps and bounds on and off the field so credit where credits due , Mettz

I don't usually comment on issues such as this but having played against camelford this season and seen first hand that the linesman has made some seemingly poor decisions then I felt it was only fair to comment. I'm sure he is a very nice bloke and we all make mistakes, and as players of a low standard i.e. Not the premier league, we make alot of mistakes, so therefore we do have to accept that decisions like this will happen. He is only doing his best and especially when you look at the goal line incidents this weekend we have to accept that our standard of football will have this issue.

Camelford will deserve the title if callington don't chase them to it. Makes for an interesting end of the season.

I don't usually comment on issues such as this but having played against camelford this season and seen first hand that the linesman has made some seemingly poor decisions then I felt it was only fair to comment. I'm sure he is a very nice bloke and we all make mistakes, and as players of a low standard i.e. Not the premier league, we make alot of mistakes, so therefore we do have to accept that decisions like this will happen. He is only doing his best and especially when you look at the goal line incidents this weekend we have to accept that our standard of football will have this issue.

Camelford will deserve the title if callington don't chase them to it. Makes for an interesting end of the season.

Fair comment everyone, i was a ref on contributary leagues for years and even at that level with 3 officials some horrendous mistakes were made,just the way it goes, win some lose some i guess.

I was playing in this game. A linesman is always likely to be blamed for putting his flag up on those sort of marginal decisions. Porthleven gave us a great game, credit to them, however i still feel we were too strong for them regardless of the potential impact (which i believe to be minimal, but well never know) of this decision. In the first half i was clearly put through onside (given that i was not only in my own half but had come from behind 2 defenders) and was flagged offside, it happens, take it on the chin. As a spurs fan i seem to be doing this alot (Pedro Mendes vs United 2005) & (Gomes vs Chelsea (Last week)).

A lot has been said about our club in light of the recent abandonement against callington, a game i missed. As a club we aim to play fair at all times, yes we're competitive, but not to the extent that we would welcome a "win at all costs" attitude. I think this is evidenced from our fair play record this season. It should read even better however we too have been at the mercy of some extremeley controversial referreeing decisions.

We play at home to Truro City tonight, a tough young side, and are at home to Vospers on saturday. 3 games to go, lots to be decided, lets let the football do the talking.

Just read this again. The outcome of that game will not be the deciding factor of the season. The point being that if we beat truro tonight then get a point against Vospers (or vice cersa)then we will have won the title through accruing the most points (admittedly with the help of a far superior goal difference), so that even if callington win 4-0 on the final day of the season (as per the abandoned game) we will still win the title regardless. Lets not get carried away anyway, we face two tough games before we play callington and likewise callington entertain a perranporth side who are capable of causing an upset.

Just read this again. The outcome of that game will not be the deciding factor of the season. The point being that if we beat truro tonight then get a point against Vospers (or vice cersa)then we will have won the title through accruing the most points (admittedly with the help of a far superior goal difference), so that even if callington win 4-0 on the final day of the season (as per the abandoned game) we will still win the title regardless. Lets not get carried away anyway, we face two tough games before we play callington and likewise callington entertain a perranporth side who are capable of causing an upset.

Officials make big mistakes at all levels, you only have to look at the Chelsea V Tottenham game last week where the linesmen gave 2 goals that should not have been.

If they can't get it right what chance do the guys have at this level?

Camelford lost 2-1 tonight at home to truro

I watched the Camels tonight should have won easily missed lots of chances particularly first half.Truro had first teamers on but did'nt really make much impact until half way through second half when a mistake by Camels gifted a goal to Smith i think he was called but thats what they all say might have been Jones not sure.Then poor marking left another ringer with a free lobb over the keeper, something you can't do when they play 6 leagues above you.Can't remember what his name was but did'nt play that well. 3 lost points for Camels never mind roll on Saturday.