Cornwall Football Forum

The Unsporting Behaviour Award

Marc Thorne of Saltash. A truly unbelievable act of selfishness and unsporting behaviour. Thorney, as he is known to his teammates, was stuck on 19 goals this season and was desperate to get to 20 goals this year. Having had a mare at the Royal Marines for 89 mins the ball was kicked out of play for an injury. The referee restarted the game from 45 yards out with a drop ball to the feet of Thorney for him to knock the ball back to the Marines keeper. Thorney however had other ideas and spotting the keeper off his line unleashed a strike that flew into the top corner of the goal. Rather than say sorry Thorne was seen to raise his arms in the air and celebrate the goal. A very sad day for football.

Marc Thorne of Saltash. A truly unbelievable act of selfishness and unsporting behaviour. Thorney, as he is known to his teammates, was stuck on 19 goals this season and was desperate to get to 20 goals this year. Having had a mare at the Royal Marines for 89 mins the ball was kicked out of play for an injury. The referee restarted the game from 45 yards out with a drop ball to the feet of Thorney for him to knock the ball back to the Marines keeper. Thorney however had other ideas and spotting the keeper off his line unleashed a strike that flew into the top corner of the goal. Rather than say sorry Thorne was seen to raise his arms in the air and celebrate the goal. A very sad day for football.

FROM THE REPORTS I HAVE READ OR BEEN TOLD VERBALLY, MARC THORNE NEVER INTENDED TO SCORE.

WERE YOU AT THE GAME "SPIDER"?

Indeed I was Pastyhands!! After raising his hands in the air he pulled his shirt over his head to reveal a T-Shirt underneath saying '20'!! Unforgivable!!

Pastyhands????

Well if you were at the game, you had first hand knowledge and I accept your comments.

I am correct in thinking you are the Saltash United keeper? If so, I am a little surprised with your comments towards your teammate.

Indeed I was Pastyhands!! After raising his hands in the air he pulled his shirt over his head to reveal a T-Shirt underneath saying '20'!! Unforgivable!!

Pastyhands????

Well if you were at the game, you had first hand knowledge and I accept your comments.

I am correct in thinking you are the Saltash United keeper? If so, I am a little surprised with your comments towards your teammate.

Teammate or no teammate, Spider I feel you're right to highlight this selfish act!

Unsporting player behaviour is unfortunately becoming all too common in our local game these days. You can't help but feel that players like Marc Thorne are heavily influenced by watching their professional idols disgraceful traits; be it diving, feigning injury, waving imaginary cards or deliberately cheating in order to score a goal, poor show <_<

Spider,

I hope the referee for the game gave Marc a yellow card for pulling his shirt above his head, that would have been the icing on the cake for this unsporting chap.

By the way, nice hook :smiley20: