Cornwall Football Forum

Results Weds 4th May

What a great result for Truro 2nds.I should think that will keep them safe from relegation now.

Lets hope they can carry on the same next season.

There is no relegation anyway.

I didn't know that,but at the same time it's nice to see they pulled away from the bottom.

I thought tonights game was all ticket?

130 at most and at least half supporting St Blazey. :blink:

Anyway, all the credit to Glynn, Laffs and the players for another quality performance. Tonight they played football on a pitch that isnt easy to play on with the slope. Controlled the game for long periods and fully desearved the win.

What ever happens, Theyve done the club and the supporters proud this season. Lets hope we dont see the hard work ruined.

Fingers crossed as they say!! :D

P.S. Decent effort for tonights program. Charge a £1 for that easy. Not 50p.

Seen the 2nd half of town v Blazey !blazey looked good! great 3rd goal !!got a bit niggly tho towards the end!!!

all in all good season for town :smiley20:

The 3rd goal was lob from Glen Squires and his second, good game and could have gone either way.

Disappointing end to the season for Town losing the last 3 games.

Think 6 games in 12 days have jaded the team and supporters to a degree. Blazey played well last night whilst our old problem of giving away sloppy goals continued to haunt us - a season total of (I think) 98 for and 98 against says it all I reckon!

We'll end with a top half finish and a very unlucky senior cup final defeat so all in all a good stepping stone and something to build on for 2011/12.

By the way, I think the crowd was more like 160/170 - probably 1/3 what it would have been on boxing day!!

With Plymouth Parkway beating Falmouth Town 4-1, the results has handed 4th place to Torpoint Athletic to cap a fantastic season for the men from 'The Mill' :c::yahoo::c:

Torpoint play League Champions Buckland in the last game of the season on Saturday, and there is still one thing to play for, and that is the Premier Division Golden Boot, Torpoints Adam Carter is on 41 goals and Antony Lynch is on 39 goals, so who is going to win it? Can't wait til Saturday!! :yahoo:

Good win for St.Blazey. Now taken six points from St.Austell this season.

Need to get at least a draw on Saturday against Elburton Villa to finish above St. Austell for possibly a fraction of the budget!!

Brilliant that your only concern is beating St Austell in the league, How times have changed...........

As for the budget St Blazey had a higher budget this season than st Austell and that got you the squad initially. I agree as of yesterdays result our budget would of been higher as you have no playing budget. Fair play to the players at St Blazey for sticking together through this difficult season and look forward to seeing a few of you at St Austell next season following Hoops and Laffs departure.

Money Man

Need to get at least a draw on Saturday against Elburton Villa to finish above St. Austell for possibly a fraction of the budget!!

Brilliant that your only concern is beating St Austell in the league, How times have changed...........

As for the budget St Blazey had a higher budget this season than st Austell and that got you the squad initially. I agree as of yesterdays result our budget would of been higher as you have no playing budget. Fair play to the players at St Blazey for sticking together through this difficult season and look forward to seeing a few of you at St Austell next season following Hoops and Laffs departure.

Money Man

yeah cos ur squad would of stuck around if u lost ur budget wouldnt they money man?????

how else is nanks payin 4 his honeymoon????????

I think Laffs & Glyn deserved a lot of credit for staying focused in obvious hard times behind the scenes at Blazey.

They have acheived sound results with a good squad.

Im a big fan and supporter of local football and its great to see the incredible hardwork of the committee at St Austell paying off. Im sure everyone will feel that they have dropped a bit short of their potential this season, but they have such a good platform for success next season. If i wasnt involved with football myself, i could easily watch St Austell home or away, and pay good money to do so.

Good luck to both teams in the future.

PS - I must add, the clubhouse at Poltair Park is top drawer. Well done to those involved.

D

Money Man

yeah cos ur squad would of stuck around if u lost ur budget wouldnt they money man?????

Does anyone play from the heart, just for the love of the beautiful game,? The vibes coming from this thread seems to be i'll play for whoever pays the most,no club loyalty, no pride in what you acheive,the standard of football in the SWPL is not that great, your'e lucky to be payed anything at all

D

Money Man

Does anyone play from the heart, just for the love of the beautiful game,? The vibes coming from this thread seems to be i'll play for whoever pays the most,no club loyalty, no pride in what you acheive,the standard of football in the SWPL is not that great, your'e lucky to be payed anything at all

m8 have u never met dan nanckarrow,mike body,ben douglass,lee whetter r gary penhaligon-local football mercenaries :SM_carton: