Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint Athletic announce their managerial team

TAFC Managerial Positions.

Torpoint Athletic officially announce that Scott Bamford was appointed as manager of our SWPL side on Thursday.

Scott's enthusiasm for the position and obvious desire to become involved at The Mill means that after a busy couple of weeks, we are now looking forward to the new season.

Scott's mandate is to build on what was a promising last campaign, but ultimately failed to deliver what we feel could have been achieved.

The departure of our previous manager has given us an excellent opportunity to put in place a structure that we believe can bring some rewards to The Mill.

We can now make this official, having come to a decision over who to run our second XI.

The decision over the SWPL position has led us to appoint from within with regards the ECPL side.

Ian Stephens will become ECPL manager, an appointment that will enable us to continue all three sides working together, ensuring the best youngsters from our six youth teams have an outlet into adult football at the club.

I'd personally like to thank all applicants for both positions and wish them the best for the new season.

Ricky Cardew remains a vital part of the committee, overseeing all football matters and assisting as required.

Paul Whitworth

Chairman

Torpoint AFC

TAFC Managerial Positions.

Torpoint Athletic officially announce that Scott Bamford was appointed as manager of our SWPL side on Thursday.

Scott's enthusiasm for the position and obvious desire to become involved at The Mill means that after a busy couple of weeks, we are now looking forward to the new season.

Scott's mandate is to build on what was a promising last campaign, but ultimately failed to deliver what we feel could have been achieved.

The departure of our previous manager has given us an excellent opportunity to put in place a structure that we believe can bring some rewards to The Mill.

We can now make this official, having come to a decision over who to run our second XI.

The decision over the SWPL position has led us to appoint from within with regards the ECPL side.

Ian Stephens will become ECPL manager, an appointment that will enable us to continue all three sides working together, ensuring the best youngsters from our six youth teams have an outlet into adult football at the club.

I'd personally like to thank all applicants for both positions and wish them the best for the new season.

Ricky Cardew remains a vital part of the committee, overseeing all football matters and assisting as required.

Paul Whitworth

Chairman

Torpoint AFC

Well Mr Whitworth, I think your club had an excellent season and Stuart Dudley did you proud. Do I sense a little "sour grapes" here. There are rumours that Stuart Dudley is joining Saltash United, however there has not been an official statement from either Saltash United or Stuart.

Wow...how quickly football moves on. The manager collates about 5k of income, on a (in league terms)low budget, and reaches the qtr finals of the F.A Vase, which is a national competition the last i looked, and finished 4th in a high budget league, but now it seems he has failed the club in his remit?!?!

The statement from the chairman is obviously a sour dig at Duds, but also shows a total lack of class. Shame...

Smudger

Interesting choice in my opinion, I think we were all expecting a big name.

That's no disrespect to Scott but he did NOT delivery at Villa.

Torpoint are a good club so I hope Scott does well.

Good luck for the season

OMG I have to say it!!!! THIS IS SWPL FOOTBALL not the Premier League. What on earth is a big name manager? Harry Redknapp? Mark Hughes? I know Martin O'Neal is currently out of work.

It makes me laugh that people talk about the football down here as if they are talking about the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc. Get a grip and get back to reality. The level of football down here is still classed at amateur level.

Wow...how quickly football moves on. The manager collates about 5k of income, on a (in league terms)low budget, and reaches the qtr finals of the F.A Vase, which is a national competition the last i looked, and finished 4th in a high budget league, but now it seems he has failed the club in his remit?!?!

The statement from the chairman is obviously a sour dig at Duds, but also shows a total lack of class. Shame...

Smudger

Having re-read the original e-mail sent to Dave in a rushed spare ten mins yesterday I can see how it could be perceived. No excuse though.

Yes, a 4th finish and a Vase 1/4 final was an excellent season and some great memories for which I personally thanked Stuart last Sunday.

Everyone was disappointed for the management and players (who felt the same) that they did not get the just rewards in terms of a trophy that they deserved and felt they were capable of.

Having had our ECPL and Duchy sides return trophies to The Mill, it would be great for the first team to do the same and thats our priority, which as much as possible we'll back Scott to achieve.

Probably still havent explained myself well??

I've changed the e-mail also sent elsewhere to hopefully avoid the same misinterpretation.

Paul