Cornwall Football Forum

St Dennis FC v St Austell FC

Was it totally one sided Ricks? Or a tight game with superior finishing?

I think both sides are the ones to watch out this season in your respective divisions.

Its very refreshing to see what both sides are doing and how you are progressing.

Best of luck for the season.

To be honest jensky, it was all town in the 1st half, everything they hit went in, we were 4-0 down at half time, we switched to 4-4-2 in the 2nd half and gave them a bit more of a game, we had squad of 18 last night and every1 got a good run out. Was good to see the new lads that came in. But like I said we got alot to learn yet going into this league and will try and sort the negatives before we start our 1st league fixture.

Would like to see town compete next season in that league, with the side they have (hopefully they keep hold of slates) there's no reason why they can't, good luck to town from all at St Dennis AFC. :-)

Was a good workout for us last night, St Austell showed us how to play football properly, especially in the first half. Like L.Ricks said, if they can persuade Slates to stay at Town then I feel they are more than capable of challenging the top 4 in their respective league. I thought Ben Douglas had a class game in centre midfield last night, top player on his day! Good luck to Town for the coming season, hope you boys do well :thumbsup:

To be honest jensky, it was all town in the 1st half, everything they hit went in, we were 4-0 down at half time, we switched to 4-4-2 in the 2nd half and gave them a bit more of a game, we had squad of 18 last night and every1 got a good run out. Was good to see the new lads that came in. But like I said we got alot to learn yet going into this league and will try and sort the negatives before we start our 1st league fixture.

Would like to see town compete next season in that league, with the side they have (hopefully they keep hold of slates) there's no reason why they can't, good luck to town from all at St Dennis AFC. :-)

Hi Lee, When we played them last week we gave them quite a good game but they are a well organised side with some solid players especially the defence and the two full backs are very strong and not a lot gets past them. Mike Body scored a cracker in the first half, lets hope we can make the step up next year. We are starting an under 18 team this year as a step forward for the club. We have a couple of additions and when we played Newquay we would have won but for their 7 foot goalkeeper!! Ha! Ha! Good luck to you guys and your dad for the coming season I shall look out for your results each week.

How many new players played for St Dennis? Quite a squad you boys have accumalated there!!! (Come back Dingers, they havent varnished the bench!!!) :yahoo:

We had 6 new faces on the night! The squad will be reduced to the 15 or 16 players that Dave Rickard (manager) feels he will need to compete in that league (Liam Dingle will definately be one of them), so we will not have that same number of players every week. And trust me, Dingers will also be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet week in week out!!!!! :thumbsup: