Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL V QPR Youth

AFC St Austell are delighted that we have the raining Youth League Champions Queens Park Rangers coming to Poltair Park on Tuesday the 26th July.

Kick off will be 18.45 pm

Prices £3.00 for adults

Under 16's are free

Programme £1.00

Look forward to seeing you there

Really looking forward to this one.. Queens Park rangers have indeed got some excellent new professionals in there ranks and walked the alliance league last season, only losing one game. They will have on show no less than 6 current England u 19s internationals. A real coup for St Austell to have this game.

To add:

I was at Poltair yesterday with the groundsman and had a look round.. I have to say "what a massive turnaround this club has made in the last few seasons, CONGRATULATIONS to all associated at the club. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Final score 8-1 to QPR. Nancarrow scoring for St Austell just before half time, but that was after Rangers had hit 6 first half goals. The 2nd half a more even affair, held up bizarrely for about 5 minutes due to the lack of a stretcher for an injured R's player!

Got to say that some of QPR's finishing was stunning but they did get two very dodgy pens! The score was irrelevent really - good work out for everyone and two quite impressive 2nd half trialists in Jordan Dingle and a lad from Bude (can't remember his name) who both looked promising. Decent crowd too.

Don't think Town will have any trouble scoring goals this season as we've strengthened an already strong attacking team but I'd still like to see a strong defensive midfielder added to the squad to protect the defence.

Got to say that some of QPR's finishing was stunning but they did get two very dodgy pens! The score was irrelevent really - good work out for everyone and two quite impressive 2nd half trialists in Jordan Dingle and a lad from Bude (can't remember his name) who both looked promising. Decent crowd too.

Don't think Town will have any trouble scoring goals this season as we've strengthened an already strong attacking team but I'd still like to see a strong defensive midfielder added to the squad to protect the defence.

Jordan Dingle will be a good addition to St Austell if he definately leaves Sticker.