Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC Pre-Season Fixture

Newquay AFC welcome Bristol based Western League side Hengrove Athletic to Mount Wise on Sat 23rd July, 3.00pm kick off. Bar open from 1.00pm.

I understand Glynn Hooper has assembled a squad of 20 for this match against the side that took St Blazey to an FA Vase Replay last season. From the quality of the players at training I have seen recently, every one will have a strong claim for a first team starting shirt for the SWPL season.

:wacko: :wacko:

Newquay AFC welcome Bristol based Western League side Hengrove Athletic to Mount Wise on Sat 23rd July, 3.00pm kick off. Bar open from 1.00pm.

I understand Glynn Hooper has assembled a squad of 20 for this match against the side that took St Blazey to an FA Vase Replay last season. From the quality of the players at training I have seen recently, every one will have a strong claim for a first team starting shirt for the SWPL season.

Done well to assemble a good squad without a budget <_<

Newquay AFC 1 v 2 Hengrove Athletic

Peppermints used 20+ players in a roll on/off subs system. Jake Hartigan Penalty gave Newquay the lead on 65 mins after Weldhen had a thunderbolt well saved by a defender (just a chat with the ref as a PSF). 2 Defensive errors cost Newquay the match which got a little feisty late on.

A good work out watched by around 100 in glorious sunshine. Admission £3, Prog 50p.