Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town 4 Porthleven 1

Watched the game from the stands today, and was quite impressed with porthleven, had a young side out and they did ok overall, just the extra experience and awareness of the Falmouth side seemed to be the difference between the two sides on the day.

Wasn't very impressed with the big centre halfs from Barnstable for town, seemed strong in the air but limited when they had the ball down <_<

Overall town deserved the win, three players stood out for me, the lad Green in the middle was outstanding, as was Drummo and the new striker Hodges up top. :clapper:

On the other side of the coin, a few porthleven lads impressed me today, both small centre forwards played well (number 9 and 10 i think), as did the number 2 at the back, unsure of names so if anyone could help me out that would be great as they deserve some recognition... :clapper:

Am very sure Town will go on to win the Dave Gardner trophy, and they will be hard to beat in the league this season :thumbsup:

Porthleven will do well in the league aswell based on that performnace, so well done to both teams :thumbsup:

Matt Fox and Freddy Williams were the two forwards for Port.

Great effort from a very young side, with the majority playing combination league football last season. Nice to see their hard work in pre-season being rewarded with games against such quality opposition. They're learning all the time and if they can continue to improve exciting times are ahead.

Another tough game on Wednesday against Penzance, but a useful learning experience. Can't wait!

:thumbsup:

www.porthlevenafc.com

http://porthlevenafc.tumblr.com/

www.twitter.com/porthlevenafc | @porthlevenafc

Falmouth Town 4 Portleven 1 ht 2-1

5 mins. 0-1 Chris Strike -penalty

30.min. 1-1 Dan Green -volley

33.min 2-1 Matt Drummond

48.min 3-1 Matt Drummond

56.min. 4-1 Dan Green

Falmouth lineup

Jason Chapman-Jamie Devine-Ashley Stidwell-Sam Chitty-Lee Rundle-Joe Lugg(Sam Reed 87min)-Josh Sims(Ross Pope 66min)-Dan Green-Ian Hodges-Matt Drummond(Steve Winnan 66min)-Mark Vercesi (Capt)

Referee Ian Roberts

Could someone post the Porthleven team for the record-I have a sketchy listing-thanks

I was also very impressed with Porthleven, they played well & although i thought that Town were well in control of the game in the second half Porthleven never gave up,

the Ref was good but one of his assistants running the right hand touch line looking from the club end was a little slow at times with his flag,but on the whole a good game,

we were told that Hodges may be having a three match ban following last season & would therefore miss the Bodmin game, we were told that he had three yellow cards which I understood meant a two match ban, some say he has already missed one game for his last Club, but nobody seamed to really know, Maybe someone on this Forum could tell me how many games he is actually on the bench for,

Hammers, :c:^_^ :c:

Watched the game from the stands today, and was quite impressed with porthleven, had a young side out and they did ok overall, just the extra experience and awareness of the Falmouth side seemed to be the difference between the two sides on the day.

Wasn't very impressed with the big centre halfs from Barnstable for town, seemed strong in the air but limited when they had the ball down <_<

Overall town deserved the win, three players stood out for me, the lad Green in the middle was outstanding, as was Drummo and the new striker Hodges up top. :clapper:

On the other side of the coin, a few porthleven lads impressed me today, both small centre forwards played well (number 9 and 10 i think), as did the number 2 at the back, unsure of names so if anyone could help me out that would be great as they deserve some recognition... :clapper:

Am very sure Town will go on to win the Dave Gardner trophy, and they will be hard to beat in the league this season :thumbsup:

Porthleven will do well in the league aswell based on that performnace, so well done to both teams :thumbsup:

Yes fair play to Porthleven, they put up a good fight. Until Dan Green's fantastic equaliser Town were struggling to find space. Green, as you say, was terrific. Over the next 25 minutes or so (straddling half-time) he created two goals for Matt Drummond and scored another himself. I thought then that the young Fishermen team might fold but they held up well and could have scored again themselves on more than one occasion.

Heard the Porthleven manager talking after the game and he seemed well pleased with the way his team performed.

Also agree that the Falmouth centre backs didn't look to comfortable with the ball at their feet but they improved as the game went on, particularly Chitty. Nothing much went right for Ian Hodges I thought. He worked hard for the whole 90 minutes though. This despite looking knackered for the last quarter. Don't think Alan Carey had anyone to bring on in his place after subbing Drummond.

Porthleven's line versus Falmouth Town

1, PAUL WILLIAMS

2, ED TIMMONS

3, CHRIS STRIKE (CAPT)

4, JAMIE THOMSON

5, DAN TARRANT

6, LEE CATTRAN

7, JORDAN ADLARD

8, JUSTIN SEARLE

9, FREDDIE WILLIAMS

10, MATT FOX

11, IESTYN HEAD

12, LUKE HUNTER (HEAD)

14, DARREN ROBERTSON (ADLARD)

15, SCOTT TOY (STRIKE)

16, ROSS WARA (TIMMONS)

17, DAN GREET (WILLIAMS)

Port lino was Mark Greet.

Well done to Falmouth town. Another quality squad assembled by Alan & im sure they will be a club challenging for honours at the end of the season. A huge well done to all of our lads who played some great football throughout the game & never allowed Falmouth to run away with it. We now look forward to facing another ex Port manager ( Gary Marks ) when we go to Penzance on wed night, when all our young lads will be given another chance to show just how good they are capable of being. Kev