Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC v Camelford FC

Newquay AFC take on the current SWPL Div 1 West Champions, Camelford FC, tonight at Mount Wise Stadium.

After some impressive performances on Saturday, Peppermints supporters will be looking for continued progress in the build up to 20th August.

i love the way you call it "MOUNT WISE STADIUM" Nemesis

one of the only "STADIUMS" Around thes parts!

quality!!!

Newquay AFC 1 v 2 Camelford FC

Glen Squires put Newquay ahead after 10 mins, Camelford then scored twice against 'the other 11' in the second period. Players used 20+ again as Hooper looks to find which players will eventually make a starting XI on Sat 20th Aug at Callington. Crowd 81

From Wikipidia - A modern stadium (plural stadiums/stadia) is a place or venue for (mostly) outdoor sports, concerts, or other events and consists of a field or stage either partly or completely surrounded by a structure designed to allow spectators to stand or sit and view the event.

Glen Squires put Newquay ahead after 10 mins, Camelford then scored twice against 'the other 11' in the second period. Players used 20+ again as Hooper looks to find which players will eventually make a starting XI on Sat 20th Aug at Callington. Crowd 81

From Wikipidia - A modern stadium (plural stadiums/stadia) is a place or venue for (mostly) outdoor sports, concerts, or other events and consists of a field or stage either partly or completely surrounded by a structure designed to allow spectators to stand or sit and view the event.

I take it that Camelford didn't make any changes in the second period then ?

Watched the game at Mount Wise tonight,it's probably true as Nemesis has constantly quoted "Newquay does not have a budget".It did make me smile though when I noticed a sign advertising a business that closed 4 years ago !An oversight obviously,but not very professional.

:D :D

What does other 11 mean? Newquay got 2 swpl sides? You say used 20 players must have played 9 in one half. Right result or not? :D

I think a draw would have been a fair result as both keepers saw plenty of action,still its goals that count

2 differing styles with Camelford playing the long ball game and Newquay playing the passing game.

Camelford will upset a few teams in the premier league this season they are a very hard working team

i love the way you call it "MOUNT WISE STADIUM" Nemesis

It's nothing like a stadium! But if some think it is then every football ground in the SWPL is a stadium! :thumbsup:

...and some are more like a Stadium than others !

Anyway, SWPL Premier side, Torpoint Athletic are next up at Mount Wise Stadium on Monday 1st Aug 7.30pm.