Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Gardner Trophy

"Harry" was it you who made that goal line save? Duff placed his shot on target-Drummond on hand to make certain and then someone from nowhere clears over the bar.lol

Full credit to Helston who should have no problems with the Peninsula League-great effort.

Could you provide me with the Helston line up and subs if possible -thanks in anticipation.

Don't forget Finals Day at Penzance tomorrow.

3 teams still in with a shout.

If Helston beat Porthleven by 5 clear goals, and Falmouth and Penzance draw, then they will win it for the first time.

Any worse result will mean Falmouth have to beat Penzance whilst the Magpies will only need a draw from their match.

2pm

Helston Athletic v Porthleven

5pm

Penzance v Falmouth Town

Penzance 0 Falmouth Town 2.

Ian Hodges scored after about 5 minutes; and with a couple of minutes to go Vercesi rapped it up from the spot, (Hodges having been brought down).

Penzance had their moments but a two goal win for Town was a fair reflection of the game I thought.

Haha, Tyson nice one! Obviously didn't watch the game??and thanks for calling me a little boy- i'll take that as a compliment!!

Helston 2-0 after 25 mins and comfortable. Then port lineo has his moment of glory and dreams up one of our 18yrs swearing (and if you know sam Harry he would of never said what the lineo claimed he said - me fair enough!) so after 30mins we were down to 10 men... then he told our manager he'd "have him" after the game?!

So well done port on beating 10 men Alot could be said about the game but it's only a friendly and best of luck for the season. Hopefully I will be home for boxing day fixture and we'll play 11v11 and the best team will win. It's a long season.

The only winner was charity with £2000 raised.

Ps... Thanks to Kev for biting! Love you, see you all maybe November xxxxxxxxxx