Cornwall Football Forum

newquay's to throw away?!

All the many players who have payed in friendly matches so far will expect to be in the 1st team.Add to that number the ones who have been unavailable then it can be assumed that there will be some toys thrown out the pram come the start of the league season.

Time will tell.

With FLYBE being there new sponsor with tracksuits im sure trevor will be be using the money to pay the players, its not rocket science there will be lots of dissapointed players, but im sure the ones who follow trevor around will be in the starting 11, and not many of the old lads will get a look in, but time will tell, and for sure the 2nd team will not get a look in

Regardless of Budget etc.. I am sure everyone will agree, based on Newquays league position last season, a major change was required, they have brought in a very good manangment team and they have added some excellent additions to an allready good squad. It will always take time to select the best squad for the first team, especially ith so many good players wanting to play for Newquay and the management team.

I am sure the team of Hooper, Lafferty and Hunkin will have a good idea who there strongest squad will be and whoever is in that will certainly have a good chance to put Newquay back where they belong....

Good luck

Money Man

The season hasn't even started but thought id chuck out a worm and say that the west is newquays to throw away, especially after signing several of the blazey lads.

Let's see who bites!!!

They didn't look that impressive against Camelford last week, i know it was higher league opposition and friendlies aren't much of a benchmark but with the strength of other teams in the league i would be concerned.

Can't wait for the season to start !!!

Players, managers and committees come and go, it's the fans who will still be there watching no matter what the future brings. In the last 10 years, the club faced re-election to the SWL for the only time in its history, failed to get into the SWPL Prem and been belittled by every Tom, D1ck & Harry ever since. But you know what ? We are still one of the best supported clubs in the county.

Perhaps it will go tits up and that would cheer some up. But I'm guessing it probably won't, too many good folk behind the scenes looking after the club, making sure that regardless of what happens, we will still have a club to support in the future.

Enjoy your football, whatever division you happen to be in.

Regardless of Budget etc.. I am sure everyone will agree, based on Newquays league position last season, a major change was required, they have brought in a very good manangment team and they have added some excellent additions to an allready good squad. It will always take time to select the best squad for the first team, especially ith so many good players wanting to play for Newquay and the management team.

I am sure the team of Hooper, Lafferty and Hunkin will have a good idea who there strongest squad will be and whoever is in that will certainly have a good chance to put Newquay back where they belong....

Good luck

Money Man

lafs better give me a phone call as the other week wen we were in his pub 4 a stag do he promised me £40 a game n i have witness' 2 prove this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Money Man

lafs better give me a phone call as the other week wen we were in his pub 4 a stag do he promised me £40 a game n i have witness' 2 prove this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nemesis reckons theres no budget at Newquay.