Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell V St Blazey Phil Smith Memorial Match

This annual charity football match has been rescheduled for Saturday the 6th August at 2pm at Poltair Park.

St Blazey were unble to complete the fixture on Friday night which is a shame as we expected a larger crowd on the Friday night. Also St Austell will be missing a few of the squad for this fixture now due to the change of date. Dissapointing really to change the date at short notice.

Last season AFC St Ausell didnt even have a manager or squad and we completed the fixture on the initial requested date.

Anyway, please all try and get there for this one and eran some money for Phils Smiths familes chosen charities..

This annual charity football match has been rescheduled for Saturday the 6th August at 2pm at Poltair Park.

St Blazey were unble to complete the fixture on Friday night which is a shame as we expected a larger crowd on the Friday night. Also St Austell will be missing a few of the squad for this fixture now due to the change of date. Dissapointing really to change the date at short notice.

Last season AFC St Ausell didnt even have a manager or squad and we completed the fixture on the initial requested date.

Anyway, please all try and get there for this one and eran some money for Phils Smiths familes chosen charities..

For what it's worth, my understanding is that St Blazey never agreed to the Friday night in the first place.

Why would we advertise the game on a Friday night if Blazey didn't agree to it? The game has been arranged for 3-4 weeks so why only let us know last (Sunday) night that they couldn't raise a team for the Friday? A total lack of respect to Smithy if you ask me

Why the date change - why couldn't they play on the date that's been arranged for many weeks? Hopefully it won't affect the amount raised for charity.

I've posted a couple of times about Blazey wondering who they may have in their squad but haven't seen one single posting in reply - never have those Blazey boys been so quiet!! Assuming they turn up on Saturday it'll be interesting to see who's in their team!!!

nothings wrong with me!!

I just noticed 'another' pop at St Blazey.

Yes and fully justified ... St Blazey were made aware 5 weeks ago that the 5th of August would be the date..

Absolute sham, some important family members of Phil Smith cant make it now, why let us know so late...

Why the date change - why couldn't they play on the date that's been arranged for many weeks? Hopefully it won't affect the amount raised for charity.

I've posted a couple of times about Blazey wondering who they may have in their squad but haven't seen one single posting in reply - never have those Blazey boys been so quiet!! Assuming they turn up on Saturday it'll be interesting to see who's in their team!!!

Tony they have a decent sqaud thats being assembled by Bobby Oaten some names you may recognise is Brinton Nute, Richard Maddison, Olin Crowle, Bance (Capt) and some good other youngsters , they beat Perranwell 5.0 which is a great result, dont think you can ever right of St Blazey, £££££££££££££££ some budget this season

nothings wrong with me!!

Yes and fully justified ... St Blazey were made aware 5 weeks ago that the 5th of August would be the date..

Absolute sham, some important family members of Phil Smith cant make it now, why let us know so late...

Surely you don't make the opposition "aware" you arrange a mutually agreed date?

Fair enough if its justified, I don't know the ins and outs of it all.

But, to me, it was another pop at St Blazey from yourself.

I hope that when the match does go ahead that plenty of money is raised

I dont think I have heard or read Money Man having a pop at st Blazey (perhaps I am wrong), Constructive critisism perhaps....

Maybe if they listened to some of his constructive critisism then they would not be in the situation they are now. I think St Blazeys pride gets in the way when it comes to asking or listening to advice from anyone at AFC St Austell..

nothings wrong with me!!

Surely you don't make the opposition "aware" you arrange a mutually agreed date?

I agree Chairman

Fair enough if its justified, I don't know the ins and outs of it all.

But, to me, it was another pop at St Blazey from yourself.

I hope that when the match does go ahead that plenty of money is raised

I dont think I have heard or read Money Man having a pop at st Blazey (perhaps I am wrong), Constructive critisism perhaps....

Maybe if they listened to some of his constructive critisism then they would not be in the situation they are now. I think St Blazeys pride gets in the way when it comes to asking or listening to advice from anyone at AFC St Austell..

Thank you Our Time Now .......... Constructive Critisism

Well I no 3 blazey fans who won't be going now. Just buying our tickets to go shrewsbury on Saturday. Was looking forward to Friday night as a warm up to saturdays trip. What a bloody shambles that is. As for the blazey faithfull not posting, well its the summer, sod all to mention apart from rumours. Pointless. Anyway, looking forward to a great atmosphere at shrewsbury with at least 1000 plus travelling fans.

Hope you boys enjoy Shrewsbury - not confident about the result i'm sad to say.

Anyway, Friday 5th August was posted on 14th July in the "pre season results" listing on this forum by Baggy and mentioned prior to that by Money Man when Town were looking to fill some more friendly dates. It's been listed in The Voice and Guardian and it seems Paul & other Blazey supporters were aware that was the date so why weren't those in charge at Blaise Park?

These continuing childish spats between St Austell and St Blazey are getting rather tiresome! :SM_carton: May I suggest that before Saturday's game the officials, players and supporters of both clubs get together and sing the following well known song;-

Neighbours, Everybody needs good neighbours

With a little understanding

You can find the perfect blend

Neighbours...should be there for one another

That's when good neighbours become good friends

Ooh Neighbours, should be there for one another

That's when good neighbours become good friends. :thumbsup: :clapper:

These continuing childish spats between St Austell and St Blazey are getting rather tiresome! :SM_carton: May I suggest that before Saturday's game the officials, players and supporters of both clubs get together and sing the following well known song;-

Neighbours, Everybody needs good neighbours

With a little understanding

You can find the perfect blend

Neighbours...should be there for one another

That's when good neighbours become good friends

Ooh Neighbours, should be there for one another

That's when good neighbours become good friends. :thumbsup::clapper:

Friendly Banter between two rivals thats all..

So St Austell needed a penalty shoot out to beat a cheap, poor St Blazey so many would like to believe!! Intresting!!

Just back from todays epic match at Shrewsbury. What a following of around 1200 who sung their hearts out. A fantastic point to start the season off.

Footballs back!! :yahoo:

The "SMITHY" memorial match was a great game played in a good spirit my both teams. St Blazey played some good football, true, over played at times and a draw was a good result. The penalty takers made it look like an easy task, it should be, and Paddy West played a great role in mid field and should not take his penalty miss to heart; I hope he plays many more games for St B.

Lippy