Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Tavistock Sat 13th.Aug. 3-00pm

Falmouth Town embark on their 5th season of the Peninsula-Premier tomorrow with Tavistock the visitors to Bickland Park.

It is 9 seasons since Town last won an opening fixture to a new season (winning 2-1 at Penzance 2002-03)

First ever meeting with Tavistock -22nd Nov.1952 SWL played at The Falmouth Recreation Ground

Falmouth won 6-1 with scorers Melville Plummer 5 and Desi Wendgradt-Tavistock K.Trace

Lineup-Sullivan-R.Richardson-J.Ryder-R.Morgan-G Sowden-A.Barnett-A.Phillips-D.Wendgradt-M.Plummer-H.Watts-G.Campbell

Copied from the programme notes

.Falmouth Town 2 Tavistock 1 ht 0-1 Est.Att 115

Mark Vercesi (Pen) 46min/Craig Duff 78min---Levi Landricombe 26min

J.Chapman-J.Sims-J.Devine-S.Chitty-L.Rundle-R.Pope-J.Lugg (M.Hollands 63m)-D.Green-C.duff-M.Drummond-M.Vercesi©-Unused T.Barwell-A.Stidwell-S.Winnan

D.Smith-N.Kinsman(M.Arscott 79m)-B.Walton-J.James-J.A'Hearne©-B.Davies-J.Wyatt-K.Ofori(M.Landricombe 57m)-J.Kelly-D.Hallett-L.Landricombe (R.Fice used)

Rederee Lee Roberts

Bookings FT 4 T 2

Both Jason Chapman and Matt Drummond made their 100th Appearance

Well that's that particular monkey off of Town's back...an opening day win at last. Only just though...no doubt Tavy will be feeling a touch hard done by.

Aberfaman.have to agree Falmouth got away with this one Tavy were the better team all of the second half, I do not know what it is with Town they seem to go to sleep in the second half & on that performance they will have to improve a lot if they are to chalenge for the top spot.

Hammers :c::blink: :c:

Aberfaman.have to agree Falmouth got away with this one Tavy were the better team all of the second half, I do not know what it is with Town they seem to go to sleep in the second half & on that performance they will have to improve a lot if they are to chalenge for the top spot.

Yeah I thought we were a bit unlucky to be 0-1 down at half-time but the penalty gift just after the break seemed to have a positive effect on Tavistock and they could have scored on several occasions at 1-1. Great strike from Craig Duff to win it though.

.Falmouth Town 2 Tavistock 1 ht 0-1 Est.Att 115

Mark Vercesi (Pen) 46min/Craig Duff 78min---Levi Landricombe 26min

J.Chapman-J.Sims-J.Devine-S.Chitty-L.Rundle-R.Pope-J.Lugg (M.Hollands 63m)-D.Green-C.duff-M.Drummond-M.Vercesi©-Unused T.Barwell-A.Stidwell-S.Winnan

D.Smith-N.Kinsman(M.Arscott 79m)-B.Walton-J.James-J.A'Hearne©-B.Davies-J.Wyatt-K.Ofori(M.Landricombe 57m)-J.Kelly-D.Hallett-L.Landricombe (R.Fice used)

Rederee Lee Roberts

Bookings FT 4 T 2

Both Jason Chapman and Matt Drummond made their 100th Appearance

On the official CSWPL site the attendance has been recorded as 115.

I hope no one has passed on my Estimated (guess) head count which was also 115

The Falmouth Town Website has shown the figure as 122