16 St Blazey 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

17 Tavistock 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

18 Torpoint 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

19 Witheridge 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

20 Saltash 1 0 0 1 3 4 -1 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

12/08/2011 Saltash 3 - 4 Parkway

What a game for the neutral. Watched from just in front of the clubhouse, my second visit to this ground and enjoyed every minute.

Both teams played some fantastic, free flowing football and will surely both be near the top of the league.

As I understand it, Saltash were without several key players but took the game to Plymouth Parkway in the first half.

In my opinion, the game changed just before half time, when, as the teams were lining up for a corner one of the Plymouth players landed a full blown punch into the stomach of a Saltash player who crumpled to the floor.

I was standing very close to the linesman on my side, who was looking right at it, but chose to do nothing. This player went on to score a hat trick in the second half as nobody went near him to get a tackle in. It looked to me like they were afraid!

The quality of the goals was top drawer and would have graced any standard of football. I have to say, I was very impressed, although the last goal to win it for the visitors came after a clear shoulder into the back of a Saltash player who was sent flying, as they were pressing for a winner themselves, was wrongly not given as a free-kick.

At that stage Saltash had done well to stay in the game and were looking the fitter team and most likely to win it.

The referees missed lots of fouls on the night and I was surprised there was only one yellow card, considering the amount of late tackles and injuries inflicted.

All in all a great game, some brilliant goals and well worth £4.

What a game to kick the season off with !!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you Daily Observer , this will probably be the best £4 that I have ever spent and ever will.

I thought that Saltash were excellent in the first ,half totally giving Parkway the run around. 3 - 0 half time did them proud and it was well deserved. The second half comeback was fantastic. I am not sure what the Parkway Manager said half time , but what a transformation. I was a bit surprised about the team selection and the formation to start with, as it looked very ,dis-jointed. You say about the Saltash team looking a little afraid of the Parkway striker ? Not sure I agree with that ,they just were not strong enough !!!!!!!!! Mr Hobbs plays in an agressive way and I do like to see this. Are you telling me he plays any differently than Paul Ince , Jimmy Case , Chopper Harris or Graeme Souness ? Maybe sometimes like Vinney Jones .

He is very skillfull individual and if he is feared then perhaps the other players should man up and give him some back.

He is an out an out match winner which every team needs. KEEP IT UP HOBBSIE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your heads up Saltash , a cracking first half performance that would seen off most other teams in the league.

Well done Parkway for not giving up , coming back from 3 nil down was a Carlsberg Classic.........

12/08/2011 Saltash 3 - 4 Parkway

Cracking gate too.

Official attendance was 409 !

There is something to be said for Friday night football.

Also had something to do with being the 1st game of the season and the only game being played.

Terrific curtain raiser . Saltash terrific first half , terrible second half , Parkway terrible first half , terrific second half . Don't know what was said/happened at half time , but the tactical /personnel and attitude change certainly did the trick . Were it not for the brilliant display form the Saltash keeper it could have been a hatfull to Parkway in the second half .

Not convinced that Parkway can mount a title challenge with this level of defending though , I'm not singling out the back four alone ( even though they had a very edgy keeper behind them which must have been unsettling), but the whole team seemed very slow to get back into position when they lost the ball , in the first half Saltash seemed to pick up posession and run through the midfield at will . Something for the management team to sort out .

Having said this though with Glyn Hobbs in the side and in the mood there's always a chance , I know he plays the game on the edge of the rules at time , but it is the job of the referee and linesmen to decide when he has offended and act accordingly , all I know is that when he is in the sort of form he displayed last night then I wouldn't swap him for any other player in the league .

Superb game in front of a big crowd , even though the weather was miserable . Hopefully any first time spectators last night will go back to either Saltash or Parkway for more in the future . People in Plymouth should remember, that despite all the problems at Argyle , there is a club in the city that is on the up and providing exciting,incident packed football for a £4 entrance fee .

Game of 2 havles as they say, Parkway were dead and buried on the first 45 mins, Parkways fustration showing with a couple of mistimed tackles that should have resulted in yellow cards,

Parkway having made a few changes and the words ringing in their ears from the manager at half time come out all guns blazing and were level at 3 each after 14 mins of the 2nd half. There was only one team in the 2nd half and the scoring was completed with 4 mins to go.

Not many people in the ground would have seen what happened to the Saltash player who ended up on the floor holding his stomach...........

A great opening game to the season............

Game of 2 havles as they say, Parkway were dead and buried on the first 45 mins, Parkways fustration showing with a couple of mistimed tackles that should have resulted in yellow cards,

Parkway having made a few changes and the words ringing in their ears from the manager at half time come out all guns blazing and were level at 3 each after 14 mins of the 2nd half. There was only one team in the 2nd half and the scoring was completed with 4 mins to go.

Not many people in the ground would have seen what happened to the Saltash player who ended up on the floor holding his stomach...........

Why wouldn't many people have seen what happened to the guy holding his stomach ??????? You do not seem to have mentioned the heavey tackles or the second half stamping by Saltash ? Agressive play came from both sides ..........

Why wouldn't many people have seen what happened to the guy holding his stomach ??????? You do not seem to have mentioned the heavey tackles or the second half stamping by Saltash ? Agressive play came from both sides ..........

Did you see what happened, NO you never................ even you must be wondering why he was on the floor? Everyone where I was standing didnt see what happened and we were inline with the player who went down!

Heavy tackles are ok according to you...... so you cant moan about it when it being given back as you said in your 1st post.