Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results 25 & 27 August 2011

Torpoint 0 - 2 Launceston

Torpoint cant have had a worse start to the season, after matching Buckland in their first game, the last 2 league games have been poor,

Torpoint had the better chances for the first 38 mins, Launceston then scored with a chip over the keeper which hit the underside of the bar finishing in the back of the net, which was harsh after Torpoint could / should have been a couple up, except for a good one handed save, low to the keeper left and Torpoint forward wanting far to much time to get the shot on goal.

HT Torpoint 0 - 1 Launceston

Launceston came out for the second half and played the better football, their passing and movement was very good, however, Torpoint had 3 other really good chances that should have been put away.

Launcestons second goal came after Torpoints defence went to sleep after allowing a quick free kick to be taken.

Overall Launceston deserved the 3 points and rightly sit at the top of the table. Torpoints luck needs to change for the better and soon, competing in the midfield and winning the second ball is a must.

FT Torpoint 0 - 2 Launceston

Not the best of starts for torpoint, can't really see them reaching the heights of last season especially with the players lost there doesn't seem to be many goals in the team.

got to agree with you there, having lost grant,carter,roberts,veale and thornrton(operation). i cant see the strikers brought in getting anywhere near the carter/grant goal tally of last season, on a positive note ryan richards has been impressive

think it will be a hard season for the point and their fans

Not the best of starts for torpoint, can't really see them reaching the heights of last season especially with the players lost there doesn't seem to be many goals in the team.

got to agree with you there, having lost grant,carter,roberts,veale and thornrton(operation). i cant see the strikers brought in getting anywhere near the carter/grant goal tally of last season, on a positive note ryan richards has been impressive

just got worse in my opinion with darren hicks on his way out as well

If you dont give strikers the ball in the areas to score with............. then you dont score, if you dont win the ball in the middle of the park.............. you cant dominate the game, if you dont win the second ball.......... you can't apply pressure........ the run of the ball has not been on Torpoints side, hopefully it will change.

Should Ryan Richards not have scored at least one of the 3 very good chances he had last night?

The whole TEAM has not played together as a unit yet, thats what happens when players leave / join.

If you dont give strikers the ball in the areas to score with............. then you dont score, if you dont win the ball in the middle of the park.............. you cant dominate the game, if you dont win the second ball.......... you can't apply pressure........ the run of the ball has not been on Torpoints side, hopefully it will change.

Should Ryan Richards not have scored at least one of the 3 very good chances he had last night?

The whole TEAM has not played together as a unit yet, thats what happens when players leave / join.

yes ryan should have scored, but so should have several players over the few games we have played, i was merely suggesting that it will be very difficult to replace carter/grant, truelove/stevens have worked hard from what i have seen so far, but just cant see many goals. hope i'm wrong but we will see

yes ryan should have scored, but so should have several players over the few games we have played, i was merely suggesting that it will be very difficult to replace carter/grant, truelove/stevens have worked hard from what i have seen so far, but just cant see many goals. hope i'm wrong but we will see

It was always going to be hard to replace them (so far the goals scored have come from........ Truelove/Stevens!), coupled with a few players not available or injured (Thornton), now players jumping ship isnt going to help the team,

Its early days, only 4 games played........

Hope to get to meet you on Sat?

ryan richards is going ...........Liskeard i believe

And if your not aware Piper is off to parkway and certainly can't see Elphick sitting on the bench at his age or quality or Piper either, guess maybe good news for another team to snap up a good keeper.either way keep up the good work torpoint.

Why are players jumping ship so soon ?. A bit drastic dont you think. Maybe they should all rally together for the better of the team, instead of thinking they are to good to be playing in an unsettled side.

rumor has it 2 players 2 saltash daw and hicks.

they wont be going anywhere in a hurry with the 28 day rule in place.

Why are players jumping ship so soon ?. A bit drastic dont you think. Maybe they should all rally together for the better of the team, instead of thinking they are to good to be playing in an unsettled side.

rumor has it 2 players 2 saltash daw and hicks.

they wont be going anywhere in a hurry with the 28 day rule in place.

Agree with your thinking of "they think they are to good to be playing in an unsettled side", if they were that good, would they not have been have signed ready for the start of the season......... is now all they can hope for is a place on the bench?

The grass is not ALWAYS greener on the other side, which they will find out.

paul white shud comment as its his son thats about 2 jump ship.

i will comment shud is spelt should, mind you when you get to big school they will teach you that,

as for shane first i heard of it is from you so i'll comment when i know more

Cornishfootball RT @richardchown: Torpoint defender Shane White has joined Falmouth and is set to make his debut at Saltash tomorrow. 7 days waived. #cornishfootball

paul white shud comment as its his son thats about 2 jump ship.

i will comment shud is spelt should, mind you when you get to big school they will teach you that,

as for shane first i heard of it is from you so i'll comment when i know more

Cornishfootball RT @richardchown: Torpoint defender Shane White has joined Falmouth and is set to make his debut at Saltash tomorrow. 7 days waived. #cornishfootball

according to my info 7 days was not waived, falmouth put in 7 days 8 days ago

Important three points for Parkway , especially in the wake of Bodmin dropping points last night .

Parkway started slowly with an injury depleted side ,in which the perpetual motion of Lee Doel and the steadying defensive influence of John Heveran ,who look like they could be missing for several weeks ,were badly missed . However , once they had settled down they fashioned plenty of chances which , due to a combination of wayward finishing and excellent goalkeeping, they didn't take . Parkway also had a very good claim for a penalty denied when Danny Brook was brough down in the area . It seemed the referee considered it a dive , which begged the question as to why Brook didn't receive a caution . This seemed to unsettle Parkway who lost their composure, a few players also seemed determined to talk themselves into the referees notebook as well ( the usual suspects I'm afraid) .

The second half started off with Parkway on top again before Glyn Hobbs broke the deadlock with a typical run and shot right through the middle of the Witheridge back four . Witheridge then showed the form that has given them a good start to the season by fashioning several chances that caused an uncertain Parkway backline to ride their luck , Witheridge being incredibly unlucky not to score when they hit the underside of the bar . Parkway though doubled their advantage when their best player, and stand-in captain, Shane Krac made a long run through the middle to get onto the end of a pass , before cheekily rounding the keeper and rolling the ball into an empty net from inches out .

Witheridge replied late in the game through a rifled shot from the edge of the area to ruin the clean sheet and give themselves hope, but it was too little late,too late .

Foxhole 7 Mousehole 1

Saturday 27th August 2011

Reeling from the sudden and outre return to Duchy League football of quondam striking regulars Gamble and Upton, Foxhole gifted Mousehole a goal within 55 seconds when Ryan Holland's poor clearance was intercepted by Nicholas who finished easily. But from the moment Trudgian netted the first of two identical direct free-kicks from 25 yards a minute later the resurgent Foxes never looked back to record their second 7-1 victory of the season with another accomplished display full of stylish football.

Shortly after Stephen had fired narrowly over from distance, Gotthardt fed Trudgian down the right and his unselfish pass presented the lively Crowle with a chance that required only a firm connection to beat the exposed Dee on 12. The unorthodox keeper's preference to save with his legs was shown for the first time soon afterwards to deny Crowle, who deserved better following a promising run, Dee being grateful to his skipper Miller for clearing Griffin's follow-up off from the line. However he was powerless to act on 36 minutes when Stephen initially missed Thomas' inviting set-piece before thumping the loose ball high into the net, Trudgian repeating his earlier party trick just before the break.

Foxhole, who had hitherto successfully restricted the visitors to half chances other than a deflected effort from Miller which fortunately crashed against the bar, did not relax their grip on the restart and added a fifth inside four minutes when Gotthardt's quick throw in was emphatically converted by Stephen. Griffin was typically ebullient, shrugging off his superfluous early booking for dissent to squander a host of opportunities, although, to be fair, Dee's legs were to prove stubborn obstacles, also denying Crowle from capitalising on some abject defending and preventing Trudgian from completing a deserved hat-trick before the pony-tailed keeper brilliantly tipped over Gotthardt's explosive drive and safely gathered Kenny's header.

Nineteen minutes from time the impressive Crowle exhibited tidy feet and admirable composure to make it 6-1 and, while perhaps never reaching the heights of last week and despite appearing off the pace for a period either side of this latest goal, the Foxes may comfortably have reached double figures in the closing five minutes as Faircloth and Stone each went close while Griffin repeatedly smashed efforts against the limbs of Dee before finally getting his name on the scoresheet with an exquisite chip at the death.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Ryan Holland; Adam Fieldhouse (sub. Richard Faircloth), Ben Thomas, Joe Stone, Adam Holland; Jaydon Gotthardt, Sam Kenny, Ryan Stephen, Adam Trudgeon; Richard Griffin, Orrin Crowle.

Mousehole (4-4-2): Robert Dee; James Tonkin, Will Elstone, Steve Miller, Brian Allen; Alex Brewer, Antony Nicholas, Tom Hooper, Perryn Reynolds; Jamie Robinson, Chris Bullock.

Referee: Mr Shaun Edge (Torpoint).

St Blazey started very slowly and didnt get going at all until Cully took the lead. St Blazey then lost Gibson through injury but came back well with Mads crossing for Knight to score right on half time. The second half saw St Blazey use their last sub with another injury and the game turned into a right scrap with some awful passing from both teams. St Blazey poured forward at the end and a great cross found Madds whos poor touch led to a breakaway and Cully scoring a scrapy winner. Not a great game to watch. Poor crowd of just 75. :(

Argyle look a doomed side right now. 1 goal, 1 point, bottom of league 2. :angry2:

Portsmouths late equaliser against Cardiff ruined my coupon. £70 lost on that!! Never rely on the welsh!! :angry2:

E#E#E# v Argyle on tuesday night. :ninja:

Bodmin v St Blazey on wednesday night. :unsure:

Torpoint 1 - 1 St Austell

Over the 90 mins a fair result for both teams. It could have started so much better for Torpoint, if after 30 secs they should have scored a certain goal from 6 yards out, but fired straight at the keeper.

Both teams created at least 4 goal scoring chances, with the more clear efforts falling to Torpoints wide men, but could not make the chances count, most of St Austells attempts were from headers which where off target.

A through ball by St Austell caught the defence flat footed, keeper started to come and decided not too, which allowed the striker to nip in and put the visitors 1 up.

HT Torpoint 0 - 1 St Austell

Second half was an evenly fought contest. Torpoint dug deep, never gave up and were always looking for goal to get them level. Finally after forcing a corner from the right the ball found W Daw, heading in from about 8 yards out, to be fair it was nothing more than they deserved.

FT Torpoint 1 - 1 St Austell

The referee was unfortunatly whistle happy and blew up for fouls that had both sets of supporters wondering what the foul was for. The big decision, for me, was only showing a yellow card to the St Austell player, for a shin high tackle.

Camelford 0 Buckland Ath 3 Lewis, Booth , S Revell

Superb playing surface at Camelford, probably the best in the league and a very friendly welcome .

Best pastys too !

Can't see anyone but Buckland winning the league, superb side. Encouraging from Camels point of view is that they were in the game most of the time and created chances even without Balsdon and Gusterson, might have been different if they were playing. Camels will shake a few up this year.

Confirmation of all the league's results from yesterday

CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION SAT AUG 27

Camelford 0 - 3 Buckland

Elburton 0 - 3 Bovey Tracey

Liskeard 6 - 0 Royal Marine

Penzance 1 - 0 Ivybridge

Parkway 2 - 1 Witheridge

Saltash 2 - 0 Falmouth

St Blazey 1 - 2 Cullompton

Torpoint 1 - 1 St Austell

---------------------------------------------------------------

1 Launceston 4 3 1 0 12 2 10 10