Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Bovey Tracey Saturday 10th.September 3-00pm

Much improved Bovey Tracey make their third SWPL(P) visit to Bickland Park where hosts Falmouth will look to extend their 20 match unbeaten Home record.

Both clubs are in midtable on 8 points.

Featuring for "The Moorlanders" should see ex Town players Fergus Nevin and Lloyd Gardner but Craig Duff who made a surprise return to his former club may be sidelined with a hamstring injury.

Two signings of note for Bovey are the vastly experienced Ian Down (midfield) formerly Torquay/Taunton/Bodmin and striker Ellis Laight -Torquay/Taunton and Bideford.

In the absence of Manager Steve Massey, (due to family illness) Bovey Tracey will have assistant Graham Kirkup in charge who many will remember his time as central defender at Truro City.

taken from Falmouth Town programme notes

Falmouth Town 2 Bovey Tracey 2 ht 2-0 Est. Attendance 120

Mark Vercesi 12m/Luke Wort 31m-- Ben Carter 51m(direct from a corner??)/Craig Duff 78m

Town-Chapman-White-Devine-Stidwell (Sims 67m)-Rundle-Barwell-Turner-Green-Wort( Hollands 71m)-MaGee-Vercesi

notused Winnan-Lugg

Referee Aaron Reed -Efford,Plymouth

Bovey Tracey first point against Falmouth (5 games)

Two points down the drain I think. We missed a sitter at 2-0 and ended up paying the price.

What about that incident with Jason Chapman near the end? I thought he was going to be sent off and Bovey awarded a penalty but after the forward had treatment the ref gave a bounce ball about 15 yards away and outside the box. Bizarre.

Two points down the drain I think. We missed a sitter at 2-0 and ended up paying the price.

What about that incident with Jason Chapman near the end? I thought he was going to be sent off and Bovey awarded a penalty but after the forward had treatment the ref gave a bounce ball about 15 yards away and outside the box. Bizarre.

Have 2 agree foot was up, and made contact, ref may not have seen it as the forward would have obscured his view but what about the linesman ? Bovey did well second half and a draw was about right . Falmouth need to get a forward line, i know they have problems but going into the season with only two seems a bit daft...

Last year they didnt have a defence this year a forward line....

Bodmin Wednesday... Match of the day ...Sunday Independant...

Falmouth need to improve or another 6-3 may be on the cards