Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Reserves V Helston - Tonight 7:30 Kick off

Great result for Helston considering the quality of the opposition. With Tom Brooks in goal, Dan Smith, Cody Cooke and Joe Broad in midfield, Helston can be rightly proud of their efforts tonight. Good fitness, work ethic and team spirit should hopefully stand them in good stead in therir first season at this level.

Cant believe with such experience talent from the first team, plus some great signings that Truro reserves have made, how they are struggling to win games.

Having watched the side twice this season, it is abundantly obvious to me that there defence is extremely woeful, backed up by the number of goals conceeded, besides this area, the remainder of the squad is full of talent, but not pulling together has as a team.

Doesnt matter how many coaching badges you can display, if you cant apply it, it isnt worth the cost of the neddle and thread to sew them on in the first place.

It is my opinion only, that Truro City should be the place where all promising youngsters should be aspiring to play for with the ultimate goal that they can apply their trade at the highest level in cornwall, the current management set up for the reserves, be it ladened with qualifications, seemingly cannot provide this environment, due to their lack of application, of their skills, knowledge and tactics.

Didnt get to the game last night, but suspect that Helston wanted it more than Truro. Full credit to Helston, a great scalp, and a even better great three points.

What was disappointing last night was the lack of Truro supporters!! Is it a case of Us and Them with their mighty band of supporters only turning up to watch the first team? Truro had some chances but did not take them and as everybody knows that is the difference the higher the league

What was disappointing was the language used by a Helston player towards a Truro player.The supporters at Treyew road have been asked to moderate their language,especially towards others,and his outburst was totally uncalled for.

What was disappointing last night was the lack of Truro supporters!! Is it a case of Us and Them with their mighty band of supporters only turning up to watch the first team? Truro had some chances but did not take them and as everybody knows that is the difference the higher the league

What was disappointing was the language used by a Helston player towards a Truro player.The supporters at Treyew road have been asked to moderate their language,especially towards others,and his outburst was totally uncalled for.

its not condoned at Helston either - was he punished?

its not condoned at Helston either - was he punished?

no, of course not ref didnt hear it.

Is this not the case for virtually every club in the land? Pretty sure 78,000 fans dont turn up at Gigg Lane to watch Man U reserves. Fairly sure that Helston 1st team would have more watching fans than the reserves.

More pointless Truro bashing!

not bashing Truro - stop being so sensitive - unless it has touched a nerve lol. Just an observation thats all.

A bit of advice for you Anthony. Stop being such a moaning prat and get that rotund body of yours down the gym! Hope I haven't touched a nerve lol. Just an observation that's all ! Cheers now :huh:

Doesnt matter how many coaching badges you can display, if you cant apply it, it isnt worth the cost of the neddle and thread to sew them on in the first place.

It is my opinion only, that Truro City should be the place where all promising youngsters should be aspiring to play for with the ultimate goal that they can apply their trade at the highest level in cornwall, the current management set up for the reserves, be it ladened with qualifications, seemingly cannot provide this environment, due to their lack of application, of their skills, knowledge and tactics.

Didnt get to the game last night, but suspect that Helston wanted it more than Truro. Full credit to Helston, a great scalp, and a even better great three points.

Wow, pretty quick to judge after only a few weeks into the season. Have to admit to having not seen Truro play this season, but I don't think your criticism of the Management is particualry valid in terms of their ability to apply their skills.

Think both John and Gary have been around long enough, and have coached a fair amount of youngsters to justify their role. John for sure has been coaching youngsters for many, many years very succesfully - Camborne Lions, Exeter City etc as well as being a more than capable manager at Wadebridge, St Austell, Sticker and Nanpean.

If I can recall Truro were bottom of the league last year when those two came into manage the reserves? They certainly wont be there this season, if they are struggling come the end of the season I take your point.

Previous experience Coaching youngsters and coaching, managing and dealing with a team of players at senior level are 2 different beasts mrtoad. Plus I think you forgot to add that the current management DO have something that the previous management team didn't have and that is money.

The couple of times I've seen Truro play seems to me that some of the youngsters just are'nt good enough at this level regardless of who'se coach. They have been around in youth football for years and have never been good enough. I think Truro are a bit insular in where they look for good young talent I live in North Cornwall and some of the young talent is phenominal yet never even get looked at by the bigger clubs, maybe this is where they should look if they have a chance of doing better at this level and feeding a couple into the first team..Look at Andy Watkins from Launceston, there's more like him up here given the chance.

It's a fact no one gets paid, if you asked every single player they would tell you exactly the same thing believe me!

Yeah sure, and next you'll be saying you're there for the love of the club :wacko:

No not at all i'm there because i wasn't going to play this year & its local & have some friends who play there. So will play whenever i can

Makes no difference to me Who gets paid there Pat but when Mr Toad defends the current management and compares where the reserves were and now are, let's be realistic. If you're expecting people to believe that you don't get paid then your facts are fiction son.

Not defending anyone - but what is interesting is that when i read this forum that all the of the clubs that seem to be progressive - Newquay, St Austell, Truro etc seem to get so much shit. People must have short memories, but then it was the same when St Blazey and prior to that Falmouth were doing well.

As for your previous comment about differences between youth and senior levels, you seemed to have conveninently not looked at what I originally wrote.

Anyway, I've got no particular interest in any one team - just follow the football and hope to see it develop in Cornwall.

And yeah, I'm a newbie to the forum :-)