Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results, 17th September

Buckland Athletic 2-1 St Blazey

Crowd: 115

I didn't venture across the border today, but received a text to say St Blazey were "all over" Buckland at 1-1.

Went to the game as a neutral and was quite impressed by Blazey, went one down but their heads didnt , got a good goal back 5 minutes from half time. and were worth a point but Buckland as the 2nd half wore on they took control and scored.

Cant understand why Blazey are where they are... they played some good stuff.

Buckland may have taken Blazey a bit for granted and were nearly undone...

Poor crowd more cars in the car park than supporters !

Worst Buckland performance I have seen in a long long time, I know we had to shift things about a fair bit , but it was very poor.

Buckland didn't come alive until the last fifteen when we created chance after chance and this was the only time we dominated the game.

There are two maybe three Buckland players who, in my opinion and a fair few others, need to be dropped as they are just not cutting it at the moment.

Sorely missed Willo at the back.

Ref was dire and I think both sets of fans would agree in that.

Buckland are going to have to improve on this performance hugely if they are to overcome Elmore on Saturday let alone win the league.

Still, another three points on the board, so cant complain too much.

MOTM : Blazeys number 11

Similar to last seasons game then Karen & Mark when Buckland were played off the park first half going 2v0 down, before shuffling their pack and coming alive second half to win 3v2.

Nope... We were worse !

Think if we had played Bodmin or Parkway today we would have got stuffed !

With a few old heads in your side I think you will be up there.

Saltash 7 Torpoint 1

Great performance from "the ashes today, against a very different and poorer Torpoint.

I was unable to go to the Cullompton game in midweek, but given the performance of "the ashes" so far, I feel this could be a much more enjoyable and successful season.

Keep it going lads.

Alphington 3 Sidmouth Town 1

Axminster Town 1 Crediton United 3

Bovey Tracey 6 Totnes & Dartington 2

Budleigh Salterton 1 Exeter Civil Service 2

Dobwalls 0 Elburton Villa 2

Galmpton United 2 Dartmouth 1

Hayle 1 Liskeard Athletic 6

Launceston 3 Teignmouth 1

Newquay 2 Godolphin Atlantic 1 (374)

Okehampton Argyle 0 Liverton United 4

Ottery St Mary 0 Exmouth Town 7

Penryn Athletic 3 Camelford 3 (52)

(Camelford Won 5-4 on Penalties)

Perranporth 3 Mousehole 4

Plymstock United 6 Foxhole Stars 5

Porthleven 4 Helston Athletic 5

St Austell 2 Truro City 3

St Dennis 8 Appledore 3

Stoke Gabriel 7 Newton Abbot Spurs 0

Tavistock 4 Vospers Oak Villa 1 (65)

University of Exeter 0 Callington Town 0

(Callington Won 4-3 on Penalties)

Wadebridge Town 3 Holsworthy 3

(Wadebridge Won 4-2 on Penalties)

Witheridge 2 Cullompton Rangers 3 (96)

Buckland 2v1 St Blazey.

Slighty gutted for Bobby and the Blazey players because today they put in a superb performance. Buckland started well early on and only 2 great saves kept it 0-0 before Buckland finaly took the lead. Blazey had threatened on the break and grew in confidence and made some good chances before finally getting a desearved equaliser just before half time. St Blazeys new striker scoring, slotting the ball home after send the keeper the wrong way when through.

The second half was all St Blazey. Buckland just couldnt get going and St Blazey built from the back playing some quality football. They played some really good stuff today and made a few chances but didnt make the most of them. Buckland looked like they were running out of ideas until a header at the far post gave them a 2-1 lead with 15 minutes left. After they took the lead Buckland could have easily added a third but for another couple great saves and some poor finishing.

The ref today was very strange. Both managers couldnt believe some of the things he was doing. He wouldnt let the game flow. Simple freekicks to either side wasnt allowed to be taken quickly. Instead the game was stopped until the defenders were 10 yards away. Then in the second half, he asks a Blazey defender to come to him so he could book him and then allows a kick freekick while hes now out of postion almost leading to a goal. Some tackles that looked fine were awarded with freekicks when not a single player even appealed for a foul. :blink:

Cracking program as always. Finally Buckland have put the price up to £1.50. Well worth it in my opinion. Thanks for the mention Homer. Sorry I couldnt stop for a drink today as I needed to get home. Buckland continue to set the standards off the pitch as well as on it. :drink:

St Blazey maybe down the bottom end but on todays showing things will improve. Having lost 5 but played league leaders Liskeard home and away, Bodmin and Buckland away, theres a chance that if they continue in the same away against the lesser sides we could climb the table.

Pz home on wednesday.

Barnstaple away on saturday in the Vase.

Buckland 2v1 St Blazey.

St Blazey maybe down the bottom end but on todays showing things will improve. Having lost 5 but played league leaders Liskeard home and away, Bodmin and Buckland away, theres a chance that if they continue in the same away against the lesser sides we could climb the table.

That says it all really, you need to have that "turn over the Champions" mentality game in game out.

Every side we play, come with that attitude both home and away and give it everything.

We have often been surprised then, that clubs having run us close to the wire and given us a tough game, go on a week later only to be soundly beaten by another bottom end club ?