Cornwall Football Forum

Porthleven v Perranporth

If that is true it is a massive shame, really top bloke but didn't look happy at the end when i spoke to him. To be fair to his side on another day they would have run away with this one but theres still life in this 46 year old yet cat......

I cannot give enough credit to my young side once again 6 players pulled out today leaving us with 11, with a back four of 16,17,17,21 none who had played at this level before this season.

We rode our luck and worked tirelessly and 30 minutes in Grandad and captain Andy Miles hit a 20 yard right foot volley into the top corner. Brandon light also missed a quality chance. The 2nd half followed the same pattern with our lads defending for their lives and restricting the home side to long range efforts. What a relief when the final whistle went they were soaking wet and had given 110% for 90 minutes well done lads.

Thanks to port for their hospitality, pitch looking great and i hope thats not true about kevin........

Must mention the ref he had a quality game, he was a northerner it said in the programme it was Paul Windell.

If it's true that kev Richards has resigned it's a sad day for porthleven FC as he has put his heart & soul into the club over many years . I spoke to him in work last week and he was definitely not his usual cheery self and frustrated with some of ports recent results. It looks like tonights result against a side that he was probably expecting 3 points against has probably helped his decision. (Well done to Perran though great performance from them) I hope Kev has a deserved rest but gets back involved at a club somewhere fully refreshed - he's one of local footballs nice guys....Speaking of which agree on the comment about the ref Paul Windle without doubt the best ref in the county.

If that is true it is a massive shame, really top bloke but didn't look happy at the end when i spoke to him. To be fair to his side on another day they would have run away with this one but theres still life in this 46 year old yet cat......

I cannot give enough credit to my young side once again 6 players pulled out today leaving us with 11, with a back four of 16,17,17,21 none who had played at this level before this season.

We rode our luck and worked tirelessly and 30 minutes in Grandad and captain Andy Miles hit a 20 yard right foot volley into the top corner. Brandon light also missed a quality chance. The 2nd half followed the same pattern with our lads defending for their lives and restricting the home side to long range efforts. What a relief when the final whistle went they were soaking wet and had given 110% for 90 minutes well done lads.

Thanks to port for their hospitality, pitch looking great and i hope thats not true about kevin........

Must mention the ref he had a quality game, he was a northerner it said in the programme it was Paul Windell.

nice to hear things are coming good at perran for you john,

i know things have been tough but these are times when everyone within a club needs to pull together.

give me a shout if you need any help!

The cat always has a spare pair of gloves for emergencies!