Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard 1 - 0 Camelford

Liskeard made to work hard for their win to take them up to 3rd in the table (probably until 5pm today seeing as Buckland play Penzance later today).Ryan Richards lightning reactions and pace allowed him to stab the ball home from 6 yards following a mix up in the visitors penalty area. This poachers goal made up for the his first half penalty miss when the Camelford keeper flung himself to right to produce an amazing save from the well struck place kick. Liskeard were penned in their own half for long periods of the second half only superb defending and a fantastic goal line block by full back Shane Jewell ensured the Blues took all three points.

Thought the officials had a fine game particularly as they were being assessed. (The assessor confirmed this) So why were the Camelford fans so unhappy with the ref? The second yellow for their no 4 when he clearly swore at the assistant ref is something he should learn from! When your teams in the ascendency and you're on a yellow, don't tell the the linesman "you're as shit as the ref". If I was a visiting supporter that's who I would be unhappy with!

no complaints about second yellow card, should have probably been straight red, thought liskeard were given every fifty fifty decision, also thought the offside from the goal kick was an interesting decision, despite the linesman trying to get out of it saying there was a foul. i think the bounce ball showed that they got that wrong, don't want to blame the officials, didn't think we were good enough so not going to blame anyone but ourselves

Liskeard made to work hard for their win to take them up to 3rd in the table (probably until 5pm today seeing as Buckland play Penzance later today).Ryan Richards lightning reactions and pace allowed him to stab the ball home from 6 yards following a mix up in the visitors penalty area. This poachers goal made up for the his first half penalty miss when the Camelford keeper flung himself to right to produce an amazing save from the well struck place kick. Liskeard were penned in their own half for long periods of the second half only superb defending and a fantastic goal line block by full back Shane Jewell ensured the Blues took all three points.

Thought the officials had a fine game particularly as they were being assessed. (The assessor confirmed this) So why were the Camelford fans so unhappy with the ref? The second yellow for their no 4 when he clearly swore at the assistant ref is something he should learn from! When your teams in the ascendency and you're on a yellow, don't tell the the linesman "you're as shit as the ref". If I was a visiting supporter that's who I would be unhappy with!

Not surprised you thought the officials had a fine game as every fifty fifty went Liskeards way. I can honestly say it was the worst display by 3 officials i have ever seen and i was contributary league official for many years so i know a bit about it. How the hell can an experieced assisstant flag for offside from a goal kick from which Camelford scored. The ref gives a drop ball for that which was the correct decision, Liskeards player said he would give the ball back and then booted the ball all the way to Dobwalls, very sporting i thought, not. Camels midfielder commited 1 foul and was cautioned, Liskeards No 11 commited a minimum of 5 fouls and was,nt even spoken to. This was just a few cases of bad basic officaldom. Having said that some of the players should take a look at themselves as this was a very ordinary game riddled with mistakes, a draw probably would have been the right result, Both defenses were superb with Martin Haynes who was rightly sent off the best player on the park by a country mile. Just one more dig at the officials the Liskeard Manager spent virtually the whole match outside the technical area another basic error.Overall Camels can only blame theirselves for the result. As for the goal the one legged ass kicking champion could have scored that, complete **** up. The groundsman i'm sure done his best with the pitch which with a little tinkering would make a good golf course, humps and bumps everywhere he certainly earns his money getting that surface fit for purpose at this level

Liskeard made to work hard for their win to take them up to 3rd in the table (probably until 5pm today seeing as Buckland play Penzance later today).Ryan Richards lightning reactions and pace allowed him to stab the ball home from 6 yards following a mix up in the visitors penalty area. This poachers goal made up for the his first half penalty miss when the Camelford keeper flung himself to right to produce an amazing save from the well struck place kick. Liskeard were penned in their own half for long periods of the second half only superb defending and a fantastic goal line block by full back Shane Jewell ensured the Blues took all three points. Thought the officials had a fine game particularly as they were being assessed. (The assessor confirmed this) So why were the Camelford fans so unhappy with the ref? The second yellow for their no 4 when he clearly swore at the assistant ref is something he should learn from! When your teams in the ascendency and you're on a yellow, don't tell the the linesman "you're as shit as the ref". If I was a visiting supporter that's who I would be unhappy with!

You can't give a yellow card for foul offensive and abusive language, another basic error.

Once again Camelford moan about other clubs' pitches. Camelford fortunate to have the best surface around these days,but not long ago they played on a cow field - nothing wrong with Lux Park,superb pitch.

Whats a cow field? is it similar to a sheep horse or pig field? Lux Park is a nice set up it's just that the surface needs a bit of work on it, looks a bit tired and over played thats all, it's certainly not superb but it could be

Not surprised you thought the officials had a fine game as every fifty fifty went Liskeards way. I can honestly say it was the worst display by 3 officials i have ever seen and i was contributary league official for many years so i know a bit about it. How the hell can an experieced assisstant flag for offside from a goal kick from which Camelford scored. The ref gives a drop ball for that which was the correct decision, Liskeards player said he would give the ball back and then booted the ball all the way to Dobwalls, very sporting i thought, not. Camels midfielder commited 1 foul and was cautioned, Liskeards No 11 commited a minimum of 5 fouls and was,nt even spoken to. This was just a few cases of bad basic officaldom. Having said that some of the players should take a look at themselves as this was a very ordinary game riddled with mistakes, a draw probably would have been the right result, Both defenses were superb with Martin Haynes who was rightly sent off the best player on the park by a country mile. Just one more dig at the officials the Liskeard Manager spent virtually the whole match outside the technical area another basic error.Overall Camels can only blame theirselves for the result. As for the goal the one legged ass kicking champion could have scored that, complete **** up. The groundsman i'm sure done his best with the pitch which with a little tinkering would make a good golf course, humps and bumps everywhere he certainly earns his money getting that surface fit for purpose at this level

How can anyone criticise the pitch at Likeard?

How can anyone criticise the pitch at Likeard?

[/quoteThe pitch was bumpy simple fact, could be so much better maybe i've been spoiled with the likes Tiverton Taunton Bideford etc. Sorry if i'm wrong just the way i see it.

sorry but you cannot be critical of the pitch at Lux Park, shortlisted as one of the best playing surfaces last season and a game was played on the pitch on tuesday night, so looked really good i thought on the friday.

Im sure the pitch did not affect Camelfords performance as from what i saw, they lumped the ball long every chance they had and never looked to get the ball down and play anyway.

The playing surface at Lux Park is complimented on all the time and credit goes to the Groundsman who does not get paid for doing it, he does it for the club out of the goodness of his heart and I'm sure other clubs would be delighted if they had someone so hard working and dedicated and who puts in many many hours of his own time every week to get such a splendid surface to play on. I'm sure Camelford supporters would not be coming out with the stance they are if the result had been the other way round!!! And Hoppit for the record Liskeard Number 11 did get booked but guessing you must have been to busy writing another foul in your pocket notebook and missed that.....!

sorry but you cannot be critical of the pitch at Lux Park, shortlisted as one of the best playing surfaces last season and a game was played on the pitch on tuesday night, so looked really good i thought on the friday.

Im sure the pitch did not affect Camelfords performance as from what i saw, they lumped the ball long every chance they had and never looked to get the ball down and play anyway.

Pitch did look good, however am told by a good source, that it was bumpy in places and was certainly not superb! May have been LAST SEASON!

Have to agree with an earlier comment, Camelford's No 4 was easily the best player on the pitch, although dismissed late on.

As far as the referees performance, one word "Poor".

Another three points for Liskeard, going well.

(Have to point out, not a Team Rep of Camelford, but was at the game)

Hoppit, so the pitch was crap, the ref was crap, the Liskeard manager went outside his area-crikey never seen that before! You didn't see Liskeards no 11 booked but " i was contributary league official for many years so i know a bit about it" - what difference does that make? I used to run a DJM team but that dont make me an expert.

All I can say is your big no 8 missed a sitter from a corner in the first half when he headed a free header straight at Sam Borthwick. Your no 4 got himself needlessly sent off because of his petulance and your no 8 again blasted a shot at a virtual open goal straight at the full back on the line when a bit of composuse was called for, yet the result was all down to the refereee, his assistants and the pitch! I agree with the earlier comment, why would Camelford want a perfect pitch when all they did was lump it forward. Yet it was everyone elses fault for your team losing.

Hoppit, so the pitch was crap, the ref was crap, the Liskeard manager went outside his area-crikey never seen that before! You didn't see Liskeards no 11 booked but " i was contributary league official for many years so i know a bit about it" - what difference does that make? I used to run a DJM team but that dont make me an expert.

All I can say is your big no 8 missed a sitter from a corner in the first half when he headed a free header straight at Sam Borthwick. Your no 4 got himself needlessly sent off because of his petulance and your no 8 again blasted a shot at a virtual open goal straight at the full back on the line when a bit of composuse was called for, yet the result was all down to the refereee, his assistants and the pitch! I agree with the earlier comment, why would Camelford want a perfect pitch when all they did was lump it forward. Yet it was everyone elses fault for your team losing.

Hoppit, you seemed to have ruffled a few feathers!

Have to say at least a couple of important decisions from the officials that could have influenced the result ( The penalty shout by Camelford for handball which looked like the linesman flagged for initially and then the same linesman flagging for off-side from a Camelford goal kick - strange to say the least!!)

'mikesrep' do you really need to use the unsavoury language?

Sorry Mikes rep maybe i was being a little insensitive i'm a bit passionate and i tend to get caught up in the moment, thought a draw could have been the right result although Liskeard could have been out of sight in the first 20 minutes, even game after that. As for lumping the ball in the air we got 2 forwards that are 6ft 4in tall so you tend to play to their strengths fair enough i think. You seem to suggest that this style of play is wrong don't know why, horses for coarses i guess. Camels are a team that are made up of players from predominately lower leagues so think are doing well to be in top half especially with no budget. How many other teams in the league can say that? Just one other thing i am a Christian and am not impressed with the use of foul language on this forum or anywhere else for that matter, so would you mind insulting me without swearing in the future will be much appreciated. I'm sure Liskeards pitch is in good nick just a little bumpy on the night.

Hoppit, so the pitch was crap, the ref was crap

Just one other thing i am a Christian and am not impressed with the use of foul language on this forum or anywhere else for that matter, so would you mind insulting me without swearing in the future will be much appreciated..

You must hear a lot worse that at any football ground you go to OR do you were ear duffs?

Hoppit, so the pitch was crap, the ref was crap

Just one other thing i am a Christian and am not impressed with the use of foul language on this forum or anywhere else for that matter, so would you mind insulting me without swearing in the future will be much appreciated..

You must hear a lot worse that at any football ground you go to OR do you were ear duffs?

I hear it Mr The Viilains but that doesn't mean i like it. If i complain I'm quite likely to get lumped so i try to let it go over my head, On the forum though it's often personel and hard to ignore so i feel the need to comment, but thank you for caring.

I was at the game on Friday and thought it was a great game. Granted the officals made a few suspect decisions but Camelford can't say they deserved anything from the game when they only had one attempt on goal (early in the game one on one which the keeper saved)! Liskeard had created enough chances to be well in front going in at half time, but a couple good saves, a penalty miss and some poor shooting meant it was 0-0. Camelford worked to their strengths well by playing direct long football to their two strikers while Liskeard played some attractive football creating opportunites wide to get a lot of good crosses in, and on another probably would get a hatfull from it! It was a shame to see the Camelford supporters (which was a good travelling support, so credit to the supporters) all gathering at the exit of the pitch at the end of the game to pass comment about how they didnt deserve to lose and accuse the home side of only winning because they cheated. And i even heard one supporter during the game shout to the ref that he was "a Homo", which is very disresepectful. They were also commenting about the pitch, which i believe has had around 8 or 9 games played on it in 2-3 weeks, so to get it as good as it was, was a great job by the groundsman. Im sure Camelford will do well this season, but after fridays actions from the supporters i feel they need to learn to lose well because if they play the way they did on friday they wont go unbeaten thats for sure!! full credit to Liskeard for not reacting to the supporters and maintaining a great start to the season!

I was at the game on Friday and thought it was a great game. Granted the officals made a few suspect decisions but Camelford can't say they deserved anything from the game when they only had one attempt on goal (early in the game one on one which the keeper saved)! Liskeard had created enough chances to be well in front going in at half time, but a couple good saves, a penalty miss and some poor shooting meant it was 0-0. Camelford worked to their strengths well by playing direct long football to their two strikers while Liskeard played some attractive football creating opportunites wide to get a lot of good crosses in, and on another probably would get a hatfull from it! It was a shame to see the Camelford supporters (which was a good travelling support, so credit to the supporters) all gathering at the exit of the pitch at the end of the game to pass comment about how they didnt deserve to lose and accuse the home side of only winning because they cheated. And i even heard one supporter during the game shout to the ref that he was "a Homo", which is very disresepectful. They were also commenting about the pitch, which i believe has had around 8 or 9 games played on it in 2-3 weeks, so to get it as good as it was, was a great job by the groundsman. Im sure Camelford will do well this season, but after fridays actions from the supporters i feel they need to learn to lose well because if they play the way they did on friday they wont go unbeaten thats for sure!! full credit to Liskeard for not reacting to the supporters and maintaining a great start to the season!

Dear Mr Secret Scout

Just to put the record straight the word shouted was 'Homer' not 'Homo' as you insinuated, homer means that the ref seemed to be giving every 50 50 to the home side, i'm not sure what homo means other than it used to be a washing powder, spelt omo i believe. why would anyone call the ref a washing powder, did this not cross your mind? As for comments to the ref when your team puts the ball in the net but the assisstant gives offside from a goal kick, and then when the ref gave a drop ball which was the correct decision and the Liskeard player said "i will give it to the keeper ref" and then boot the ball out over the corner flag, would that not make anyone a little bit mad? When i refereed and got some stick i was told don't complain it's just banter, i think Friday's ref regarded it as banter as well , when one of Camelford's supporters a bloke in his eighties offered him his glasses he replied "no thanks i've got contact lenses"and smiled which caused a laugh.Can't see any animosity there.As for being unbeaten, before the season started we were'nt sure wether we would win any matches let alone be in the top half so accepting losing is not a problem.Everbody at Camelford feels that some of the leagues clubs feel that they are a small time club and should not be in the league and should just lie down and be beaten that is not going to happen. I'm afraid the chant "you all hate us but we don't care comes to mind". So nasty but we are pretty thcked skinned, and we smile and can laugh at ourselves. It's only a game.

Sorry Hoppit but the attitude continued in the bar afterwards from Camelford players which is totally unneccesary and uncalled for, accusing Liskeard of 'cheating' amongst other things and if you have such a problem with language then perhaps some of your players need to be more respectful especially when there were so many ladies present!! Liking your comment Secretscout and agreeing with you all the way!

Sorry Hoppit but the attitude continued in the bar afterwards from Camelford players which is totally unneccesary and uncalled for, accusing Liskeard of 'cheating' amongst other things and if you have such a problem with language then perhaps some of your players need to be more respectful especially when there were so many ladies present!! Liking your comment Secretscout and agreeing with you all the way!

This is all getting very BORING now!!!! Teams just concentrate on your next game.

Just like to put the record straight on a few things. The management and players of Camelford were delighted to be playing a SWPL match at Liskeard on Friday evening. We thought the ground and facilities were fantastic, the welcome very warm and enjoyed the chance to be competing against one of the premier sides in the division.

Over the 90 minutes i thought the boys worked really hard, as usual and contributed to an exciting game, pushing Liskeard all the way. I think the independent reports on the SWPL website and Sundy Indy are a truer reflection of the match than some of the rose tinted ones on this site. Secret Scout must be more observant if he only saw one attempt on goal!

We were a little disappointed with the officials on the night but who following any team can say that has never been the case when 2 or 3 crucial decisions seem to go against them. We were obviously disappointed in losing our first away match since March 2010 but took it on the chin, stayed in the bar for an hour after the game, participated in the raffle and enjoyed the hospitality that Liskeard laid on.

My connection with Liskeard goes back nearly 40 years and it was great to catch up with all the old stalwarts and when I saw them again on the Saturday afternoon for the reserve team fixture they all said it had been a good game and probably a draw would have been a fair result.

I would rather take the opinion of these genuine, dedicated people and wish them all the best for the season, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see them reaping the success they deserve. As far as we are concerned we are not foolish enough to believe that we are going set the world alight in this division. Our first aim is to still be in it at the end of the season and try to keep improving on and off the field as we have in the past few years.

Last word to Matt P and Adelstrop, we know how lucky we are to have a decent pitch and be playing at this level. The people in our club have worked hard to achieve this and appreciate how difficult it is so nobody I know ever belittles anyone else's facilities. We have a fantastic bunch of lads who take nothing from the club and are currently working hard to get the floodlights sorted for hopefully a few more years at this level. Sometimes the harder you work the luckier you get! Reg Hambly

Just to end this topic once and for all:

I certainly did not intend to insult or offend anyone with what was described as unsavoury language. It was just my way of summing up what I perceived as someone else's opinion on the reasons for their teams defeat. If it was found to be offensive I whole-heartedly apologise and will choose my use of words more carefully in future posts.

I was just getting slightly peeved at some of the referee critisism on this forum, that's all. Ref's are easy targets, sometimes we miss the bigger picture. (Hope my views the same after tomorrow night at Witheridge!)