Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash 1 - Tavistock 1

A very entertaining game today at Kimberley Stadium. Saltash going into the game after a great result, and Tavy also going in after a win over Crediton. With Ian Southcott being away on Holiday, the team was led by Marty Sullivan, Robbie Pethick and Brian Baker. Tavy played a different formation with Jarryd Kelly playing along side Andy Sargent and with the absence of Hallet through injury, Paul Quinn slotted in at the back and Michael Landiscrombe went into midfield. Tavy had three good chances in the first half to take the lead,and also Saltash had a chances to grab a goal. At half time Tavy would probably had thought they deserved to go in one nil up. The second half was very much like the first half, chances from both teams but I think Tavy always had the better opportunities. Saltash looked quick on the break, but defensively I thought they looked quite shakey. With about 10 mins to go, Saltash made a substitution, and it paid off. Gavin Coulton came on and scored a good goal. Tavy will think they should have dealt with the initial phase of play better, but it was a well taken goal.Great credit to Tavy they kept going and with Saltash conceding free kicks near the box with only minutes to spare, it was only fair that Tavy would eventually score and deservedly get someting from the game. Tavy will feel they deserved 3 points, and I think Saltash would settle for a point.

Have heard Andy Hatch has stepped down from Managing the second team. Shame if its true, as also following the second team I thought he was a top bloke.