Cornwall Football Forum

f.a cup replay

And still playing Saltash on Friday?

The BODMIN TOWN v SALTASH UNITED fixture is still showing as Friday, so it would seem it is still going ahead on that date.

Although I am an "ashes" supporter, I do feel it a little unfair on Bodmin Town to have to play on Friday evening.

And still playing Saltash on Friday?

The BODMIN TOWN v SALTASH UNITED fixture is still showing as Friday, so it would seem it is still going ahead on that date.

Although I am an "ashes" supporter, I do feel it a little unfair on Bodmin Town to have to play on Friday evening.

Why? it's no different to playing Saturday and Monday like they do over Easter.

Guest Carl.P

Paington Nick - of course it's different. When teams play over Easter it would be extremely rare for the league to ask teams to play in the mid-week leading up to the Easter Weekend, be it Friday or Monday (ie: making them play on Wednesday, Saturday and Monday) they would then play on Saturday, Saturday and Monday) but that's what could be asked of Bodmin this week. A tough away game at Yate on Saturday, the mid-week replay on Wednesday and Saltash on Friday. So yes, it is different but then, you are a Buckland supporter and would want Bodmin to slip up through tiredness, wouldn't you! Up the Parkway.

This is the leagues way of rewarding a club which is the last representative of there league in the F.A cup, no doubt they will come up with some poor excuse or just not bother for not moving the fixture to saturday.

Some absolute rubbish talked on here sometimes!

Bodmin are at home v Saltash, they would have requested the Friday night league game, or agreed to it with the league at the start of the season. Games can then not be changed beyond the agreed date, only brought forward.

Bodmin choose to have their midweek home games on a Wednesday, not Tuesday, they would have agreed to this with Yate when filling in the pre-match forms that go off to the FA before the tie is played.

Bodmin knew this could happen and are quite comfortable with the outcome, otherwise they surely would not have agreed to a Wednesday night replay when they could have agreed a Tuesday night replay, if they wanted to, before the tie was played.

You don't see any moaning from anyone at Bodmin about it, and you won't, as they love the pressure of games thick and fast, that's why they challenge at the top; big, talented squad of players who love playing!

This is the leagues way of rewarding a club which is the last representative of there league in the F.A cup, no doubt they will come up with some poor excuse or just not bother for not moving the fixture to saturday.

Some absolute rubbish talked on here sometimes!

Bodmin are at home v Saltash, they would have requested the Friday night league game, or agreed to it with the league at the start of the season. Games can then not be changed beyond the agreed date, only brought forward.

Bodmin choose to have their midweek home games on a Wednesday, not Tuesday, they would have agreed to this with Yate when filling in the pre-match forms that go off to the FA before the tie is played.

Bodmin knew this could happen and are quite comfortable with the outcome, otherwise they surely would not have agreed to a Wednesday night replay when they could have agreed a Tuesday night replay, if they wanted to, before the tie was played.

You don't see any moaning from anyone at Bodmin about it, and you won't, as they love the pressure of games thick and fast, that's why they challenge at the top; big, talented squad of players who love playing!

I believe Bodmin were given the option by the League to move the Saltash game to Saturday but this would have clashed with their golf day.

The FA Cup replay could have been tonight (Tuesday) but would have clashed with bingo in the clubhouse.

FA Cup - Payments to Clubs

The FA Cup sponsored by E.O.N

Season 2010-11

Extra Preliminary Round winners (201) £750

Preliminary Round winners (166) £1,500

First Round Qualifying winners (116) £3,000

Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £4,500

Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £7,500

Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £12,500

First Round Proper winners (40) £18,000

Second Round Proper winners (20) £27,000

Third Round Proper winners (32) £67,500

Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000

Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000

Sixth Round Proper winners (4) £360,000

Semi Final winners (2) £900,000

Semi Final runners-up (2) £450,000

Final winners (1) £1,800,000

Final runners-up (1) £900,000

Congratulations Bodmin ... Great win and good for Cornish football.

I personally know Godalming Town FC well having played against them for many seasons during my days living in Surrey.

They are a decent side with many players having played a higher standard before.

A home tie for Bodmin gives them the advantage and a safe passage through to the next round is my prediction.

I agree with manager Darren Gilbert-this must be one of the best ever Bodmin results in their history.

Beating a Southern League side with 10 men for 3/4's of the tie.

looking on the Yate site they have quoted an attendance of 200 so it must have been quite cosy in the stand with no other ground cover. in adverse weather conditions

Yate defeated Western League club Melksham (10-1)in the earlier Round -surely this must be the platform for Bodmin to make provisional application to climb the Pyramid

surely this must be the platform for Bodmin to make provisional application to limb the Pyramid...

I predict this will be Bodmins last season competing like they have done over the last few years. Mr Barbery no longer in place, Manager with a young family who has consistently said he would stand down if the Chairman went.

I predict bodmin in Peninsula League Division 1 West sooner than the Western League.