Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard go top!

Top again! What's goin on at Lux Park? Not the best performance this season but the Blues always seemed in control. Sam Cooper pounced after Billy Allen shot was parried by keeper Elphick. Demo's superbly placed header put Liskeard 2 up mid way through the first half. Torpoint pulled one back from a set piece with two minutes remaining leaving the home fans whistling for the final whistle.

28 points so I think that assures premiership status! Don't know what Darren Edwards magic is but he's certainly made a massive impact. Has a strong squad now and had assistant manager Karl Custis, skipper Matt Godfree, Dean Smith, Jason King and Richard Maddison on the bench today.

MOM: Shane Jewell

Oh, and the attendance was slightly better too.

After all the nonsense of managers last year it seems liskeard have well and truly found the right managers. from the look of things the squad they inherited is practically still there with a couple of addition and look at the change in fortune. It just shows if you employ the right person and get all the players believing in what you want then anything can happen,

Don't let Eddy hear you say that 'Bobby Boucher' we'd never hear the end of that....but in all seriousness Eddy and Karl are doing an amazing job and I for one (and I'm sure I say it for the Committee as well) am very proud of what they have achieved so far KEEP IT UP LADS and long may it continue