Cornwall Football Forum

St.Austell New Signings

St.Austell will be welcoming the arrival of Tom Smith and Nick Campbell for todays game. Hopefully these new additions will be enough to properly get St.Austells season underway after an average start to the season and points dropped where maybe they shouldn't have been.

Let's hope todays performance will put them back on track in the running for a top 6 finish and senior cup victory!

AFC St.Austell - Launceston

3pm

Poltair Park

Why is the club called AFC St Austell and not St Austell AFC?

St Austell AFC formed in 1890 but AFC St. Austell was formed about the start of the Peninsula League 2007.

I may be wrong but I think it was because of the clubhouse going bankrupt.

The Peninsula League always refers them as St. Austell FC but in the eyes of the CCFA it is AFC St.Austell

Tom smith £100 a game I was told yesterday watching the illogan vs Roche game! Sounds like they might change there name again yet!? Any suggestions :)

If this is true it's just ridiculous, Why would they pay that amount? No sorry can't be true no mid table club would pay a player £100. Would they.

No idea what money he's on but he played well against Launceston (as did the whole team) in a game St.Austell were very unlucky not to win and I think that adding him to the defence and Nick Campbell to midfield definitely strengthens the side.

Why does it mater how much players are on. It has nothing to do with anyone, apart from the player and the team they play for. St Austell have signed two top footballers which will strengthen the team and impress the fans. well done Gary and Parrie

You are so right it's nobodys business what clubs are prepared to pay, it just seems silly to pay 10 times more than what you get for winning the league ,no other business would do that, if a team has the ambition to move up the pyramid then they would have to strengthen the squad and that costs money. I'm all for that.

I no what you mean hops but all football is the same for instance look at the FA cup winning structure not that much money can be won for the massive fees for top prem players. I think some local fans want everything. If our local teams produce a good standard of football maybe more people will interested to watch. More people means more money thro the gates and more excitement for the family. Local football has always been the grass roots down here

I no what you mean hops but all football is the same for instance look at the FA cup winning structure not that much money can be won for the massive fees for top prem players. I think some local fans want everything. If our local teams produce a good standard of football maybe more people will interested to watch. More people means more money thro the gates and more excitement for the family. Local football has always been the grass roots down here

fair comment.