Cornwall Football Forum

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to watch Tavistock v Parkway last night instead of staying home to watch England.

Mixed feelings about the night as it started poorly ? The moans first : The service at the tea hut was very late / slow and the pasty was of poor quality. I then stood in long wet grass and was eaten alive by gnats. I got verbally and physicaly abused by a drunken old biddy who was selling or trying to sell the 50/50's ( absolute discrace ). The game itself was entertaing and Parkway played some excellent football. The final score was 6 -2 to Parkway and Hobbs bagged another 4. The highlight of the match was when Hobbs scored his and Parkways final goal 2 minutes from time. In the far side stand there were 4 middle aged gents celebrating by what can only be described as the :

" THE PARKWAY POZNAN".

LADS , ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another £4 well spent , but no sign of Surferduck ?

Went to watch Tavistock v Parkway last night instead of staying home to watch England.

Mixed feelings about the night as it started poorly ? The moans first : The service at the tea hut was very late / slow and the pasty was of poor quality. I then stood in long wet grass and was eaten alive by gnats. I got verbally and physicaly abused by a drunken old biddy who was selling or trying to sell the 50/50's ( absolute discrace ). The game itself was entertaing and Parkway played some excellent football. The final score was 6 -2 to Parkway and Hobbs bagged another 4. The highlight of the match was when Hobbs scored his and Parkways final goal 2 minutes from time. In the far side stand there were 4 middle aged gents celebrating by what can only be described as the :

" THE PARKWAY POZNAN".

Parkway's passing really looked sharp in the first half , best I've seen it for a few weeks in fact .Lee Doel and Lance Bailey stepped up to the plate to run a threadbare midfield . Glyn Hobbs also looked right in the mood from the first whistle ( I've said it before , and i'll say it again , I would not swap him for any other player in the league when he is on song ) ,Tavistock also contributed to a good game by playing decent stuff right until the end and scored a pretty good goal to give them a glimmer at 4-2 .

Still got one or two doubts about Parkways defending and concentration at times , it could have been a bit different had it but been for some top notch Matt Piper saves and profligate Tavvy finishing . Something that could well find us out against the likes of Bodmin and Buckland .

Doug ,your life is going to be hell though when the missus finds out that you were playing away yourself last night ... :mellow:

" THE PARKWAY POZNAN".

Parkway's passing really looked sharp in the first half , best I've seen it for a few weeks in fact .Lee Doel and Lance Bailey stepped up to the plate to run a threadbare midfield . Glyn Hobbs also looked right in the mood from the first whistle ( I've said it before , and i'll say it again , I would not swap him for any other player in the league when he is on song ) ,Tavistock also contributed to a good game by playing decent stuff right until the end and scored a pretty good goal to give them a glimmer at 4-2 .

Still got one or two doubts about Parkways defending and concentration at times , it could have been a bit different had it but been for some top notch Matt Piper saves and profligate Tavvy finishing . Something that could well find us out against the likes of Bodmin and Buckland .

Doug ,your life is going to be hell though when the missus finds out that you were playing away yourself last night ... :mellow:

I was trying to save my cash from getting the round in didn't really know who I was looking for and was with the wife.did notice some old fellas making a spectacle of themselves(was that you guys)thought I heard my name ( surferduck) mentioned but not to sure not really sure who I was looking for almost didn't come though but agree with most pasties were poor game was great. Ps I'm old too and no it wasn't my wife selling the 50-50s