Cornwall Football Forum

ANY GOOD KEEPERS AROUND?

after all the games i have watched this season i have been very disappointed with the standard of keepers in every league.

You need to watch more than 9 or 10 games to evaluate how good a keeper is sometimes a whole season or 2.not the same as a striker.liskeards keeper ivybridges keeper also playing well at the moment but has to be consistent age is a factor also as takes more time for a true experienced keeper to show that's why parkway signed piper been in the job a few years now and is a great shot stopper as well as great tactical player.my guess is your watching the wrong games get along to bolithio park when you can

after all the games i have watched this season i have been very disappointed with the standard of keepers in every league.

You need to watch more than 9 or 10 games to evaluate how good a keeper is sometimes a whole season or 2.not the same as a striker.liskeards keeper ivybridges keeper also playing well at the moment but has to be consistent age is a factor also as takes more time for a true experienced keeper to show that's why parkway signed piper been in the job a few years now and is a great shot stopper as well as great tactical player.my guess is your watching the wrong games get along to bolithio park when you can

Agree with the first half you wrote but think second half is bias as your a fan of parkway you think like that.piper is a good keeper experienced and mature.your previous 2 keepers are still doing very well in the league and if memory serves me well your last keeper Elphick won every trophy except most goals scored and one vote short of players player under Dave leonards reign he scooped the rest. playing for torpoint and only after 4 games he's back in the papers team of the week made man of the match, although torpoint ain't doing to well as at parkway he's keeping them in it but most importantly he seems a nice guy and hopefully loyal to us as he was to parkway.and yes it's a torpoints point of view.

Current saltash keeper. Incidently how many keepers who have previously stood between the sticks at Kimberley are there at other prem div clubs. Murphy, Griffiths, Piper,Wearing. Any others?

Yep saltash a great keeper also as is bodmins so it shows there are great keepers out there and all doing there jobs and to stop an argument in it's tracks not aware of Elphicks awards as not in Plymouth back then yes he is a good keeper very brave seen some great saves and injuries from him and did notice him in the herald.he is young and consistent and hope he has a good season for you.seen great saves from saltash keeper and ivybridges too my point was the person who started this topic is watching the wrong games as you can see lots of good keepers (even if they are from the teams we support) lol.

Current saltash keeper. Incidently how many keepers who have previously stood between the sticks at Kimberley are there at other prem div clubs. Murphy, Griffiths, Piper,Wearing. Any others?

Yep saltash a great keeper also as is bodmins so it shows there are great keepers out there and all doing there jobs and to stop an argument in it's tracks not aware of Elphicks awards as not in Plymouth back then yes he is a good keeper very brave seen some great saves and injuries from him and did notice him in the herald.he is young and consistent and hope he has a good season for you.seen great saves from saltash keeper and ivybridges too my point was the person who started this topic is watching the wrong games as you can see lots of good keepers (even if they are from the teams we support) lol.

Ben Elphick certainly has all the technical attributes to be a decent keeper , and I am pleased for the guy that the move to Torpoint seems to be working out . The main problem that Ben had at Parkway seemed to be that there always seemed to be an error about to happen . Playing for a team like Torpoint who are at the lower end of the league ( no offence intended) means that he is probably more involved and has more to do throughout the game . Keepers playing for the better clubs have less to do due to the probable dominance of play by these sides so , when the opponents do get a chance , it means they have been spectators for long periods and would have needed to keep their concentration going throughout in order to make a save . If they make a mistake , it gets remembered .

A good example of this locally would have been Steve Nute , professionally David Seaman or Peter Schmichael

Dennis Annear has put the gloves back on for me this season playing for Penryn combo with his son Tom still quality at 41 years old no better around than him defo top keeper in the combination league.....

Penners at St Austell still quality you cant beat age in between the sticks and Kev up at Bodmin hes been to the top of the game say no more....

Im still good for a training session problem is cant walk for 2 days after......xxxx