Cornwall Football Forum

Sat 17th Dec - Games on/off

News from Mount Wise Stadium 11.00am Friday 16th Dec. SWPL Div 1 West - Newquay AFC v Truro City is ON for Sat 17th Dec 3.00pm.

For a full list of games OFF, please refer to the SWPL WEBSITE by clicking the following link...

http://www.swpleague...opic.php?t=3666

Friday teatime update :

Games OFF :

Premier

Bovey Tracey v Witheridge

Dartmouth v Penzance

Royal Marines v Bodmin Town

St Austell v Ivybridge Town

St Blazey v Saltash United

Torpoint Athletic v Buckland Athletic

East

Alphington v Axminster Towm

Ottery St Mary v Exmouth Town

West

Holsworthy v Porthleven

St Dennis v Vospers Oak Villa

Way too early to be calling off games in my opinion. I thought the Friday postponements were supposed to be reserved for extreme situations, not just bad weather.

Showers are forecast to be dying out, so gotta give games as much chance as possible.

Been told by SWPL to call off at the earliest opportunity and to be honest, rain forecast on already soaking wet pitches, makes sense!

Way too early to be calling off games in my opinion. I thought the Friday postponements were supposed to be reserved for extreme situations, not just bad weather.

Showers are forecast to be dying out, so gotta give games as much chance as possible.

Been told by SWPL to call off at the earliest opportunity and to be honest, rain forecast on already soaking wet pitches, makes sense!

Not what Phil says on the SWPL website:

As indicated on the website a couple of days ago, I agreed that I would make a decision on requests to allow early postponements of this weekends games this morning.

Whilst reluctant to invoke the relevant rule as the forecast for tomorow is more favourable, I have to accept that we have had an awful lot of rain this week, especially last night, and that some areas even have a covering of snow.

I also note that 3 clubs had sought permission and that they are well spread out over the region and take into account that its a week before Christmas and people want to make definate plans.

Therefore if host clubs honestly do not consider waiting until Saturday is an option given their pitch conditions, I will allow host clubs to call games off today (Friday) without the need for a referees inspection.

I am out for large parts of today & this evening, I would prefer club secretaries to email me their postponement news and I will list on the website either at 10.30am, between 5.30 and 6.30pm and again late before I go to bed.

Should clubs be in a position to wait until Saturday morning, I will be at my desk from 8.30am onwards.

Phil H

Friday 9am

The SWPL told you to call it off at the earliest opportunity??!!

Dan, if the pitches are severly water logged now can guarentee that the pitches arnt going to dry up over night! so why not prospone them early? atleast that gives the players involved to plan something else for their weekend.

It seems that your constantly trying to have small digs at the league which i think is nonsense.

Dan, if the pitches are severly water logged now can guarentee that the pitches arnt going to dry up over night! so why not prospone them early? atleast that gives the players involved to plan something else for their weekend.

It seems that your constantly trying to have small digs at the league which i think is nonsense.

Simply not true.

With the amount of rain we've had all week, there's no way pitches are going to miraculously dry out over night, and completely agree with yourstruly reference giving players the chance to plan something else for the weekend.

At least you won't lose this weekend.... :-p

What are conditions like at Bickland Park?

Tomorrow

Falmouth Town v Plymouth Parkway looks like the best of what are left 4th. v 6th

Looking forward to seeing the new revamped colour match programme

Bickland Park was showing standing water on the touchline by the dugouts and certainly in both goalmouths at 11am today. Had lots of rain since then too.

There will be a pitch inspection at 9/9-30am in the morning.

We will let everyone know from then onwards.

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC :(