Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell vs St Blazey AFC

After St.Blazey Saltash a few days ago, a St.Blazey follower posted on a previous thread that any rain post that game it would be off. We ve had a fair few heavy showers since then, and the heavens have now opened in St.Austell. All we can do is keep fingers crossed! Anyway... More turkey!

Neither can we. It's men against boys most games. Some of the defending is schoolboy stuff. At least we got 2 goals this afternoon.

In addition I'm certain that there were a lot more St Austell fans than St Blazey. Certainly more noise from the Lilywhites followers.

Only when they scored, Steve, Apart from that the atmosphere was pretty flat considering the number of people there. St Austell fans outnumbered Blazey followers by at least two to one today. No doubt where the balance of power in mid-Cornwall football rests now.

Good to see so many people going out to watch a local football match.

Bloody shambles. St blazey play 6 massive games against other bottom teams in Jan and Feb. If they are adrift after that then we might as well pack up. No Passion from some I think. Just a never ending situation. Crowd 365. Official crowd 280 I think. For two close teams that's very poor.

Almost funny boys !

Lets be honest, most of the football fans in the St Blazey/Austell area, flit between the 2 clubs depending on who is doing best.

Not too many clubs with travelling fans in the West Div, just as well we are around to boost the host clubs gates. Thinking about it, only Penzance in their Championship season, St Austell when they went up and St Dennis have brought anymore than a dozen to Mount Wise (other than the 'G' once a season specials) since the SWPL started.

The latest one doing the rounds is, that if you go down, we get St Austell in the Boxing Day / Good Friday matches. You would have Sticker if they get promoted.

Come on chaps, some of us want you to stay up, we miss this sort of banter... and the 6 points would be welcome too.

You'll no if were down by the timw we've played our next 6 league matches. We might stay up if others take promotion maybe. Can't see where the points will come from. Won't give up just yet. Nice trips to bovey and Dartmouth coming up. Gona go up and make a bit of noise and see how we go.

Today at Blaise Park.

Thought the kick off time could have been delayed for 15 mins which would allowed just about everyone to see the whole of the 90 mins. Many of the paying public missed the first quarter of a hour. Queue's at the gate were quite long at 11.00am.

If people are going to arrive at the ground at the very last minute that's their problem. I got to the ground at 10.45 and encountered no Q at all.

Today at Blaise Park.

Thought the kick off time could have been delayed for 15 mins which would allowed just about everyone to see the whole of the 90 mins. Many of the paying public missed the first quarter of a hour. Queue's at the gate were quite long at 11.00am.

If people are going to arrive at the ground at the very last minute that's their problem. I got to the ground at 10.45 and encountered no Q at all.

Fair comment, just a thought. The first 15 mins were bit of a non event anyway.

Actually anyone arriving late really got hard done by as I reckoned by my very accurate telling the time machine that the referee blew up for half-time at 11.44.

Did he kick off early and no injury time played either even though there was a first half substitution?

He certainly seemed in a hurry to get home for his turkey sannies - he blew up for full time at 12.40pm.

Actually anyone arriving late really got hard done by as I reckoned by my very accurate telling the time machine that the referee blew up for half-time at 11.44.

Did he kick off early and no injury time played either even though there was a first half substitution?

Funny you should mention that Dave, all those around me thought we kicked off early.

By my reckoning too the match kicked off early as we were in the queue by 11 and the game had started.

Top marks however to the Blazey gate man who let my two young lads in for free, he didn't need to....they spent their money in the tea hut though!

Have to say Blazey were pretty awful (despite their opening goal being a cracker). Town never really got out of 2nd gear and could have had a hatful (and if the young linesman knew the offside law) but Blazey do look doomed unless they can somehow turn things around or bring in new players.

He certainly seemed in a hurry to get home for his turkey sannies - he blew up for full time at 12.40pm.

Question for Dan. What has happened to your picture profile ? Perhaps you are going to put a Grumpy picture in its place.

Just think positive, you will have a choice of either watching Newquay or St Austell next season. Plenty of Cornish teams in the Premier Division to watch.

Question for Dan. What has happened to your picture profile ? Perhaps you are going to put a Grumpy picture in its place.

Just think positive, you will have a choice of either watching Newquay or St Austell next season. Plenty of Cornish teams in the Premier Division to watch.

Oh, I'm anything but grumpy. We are now in a place where we can realistically expect to lose every game between now and the end of the season, so anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise.

As for the pic, it was a picture of me in a Bradford Park Avenue shirt, taken a few seasons ago now. It's three and a half years since I returned to the homeland, so expect a Blazey-related pic soon.

Oh, I'm anything but grumpy. We are now in a place where we can realistically expect to lose every game between now and the end of the season, so anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise.

As for the pic, it was a picture of me in a Bradford Park Avenue shirt, taken a few seasons ago now. It's three and a half years since I returned to the homeland, so expect a Blazey-related pic soon.

Thats not a good omen. I can see why you have have dumped the picture, looked what happen to Bradford Park Ave. Better get that picture on as soon as, may be worth a few bob next season, on ebay, ha ha

Thats not a good omen. I can see why you have have dumped the picture, looked what happen to Bradford Park Ave. Better get that picture on as soon as, may be worth a few bob next season, on ebay, ha ha

I'm out of the loop now with BPA I'm afraid, but thought they were having a pretty good season. Know something I don't?

We will still have a bigger away folllowing than most in this league.

Well Paul When WIthy visited Blaise Park ealier this month we out numbered the home support so not to sure about you taking away a crowd this season when we didn't see them at home.

Wrong NDD. We're still taking at least 20 to every away game, although how long that will continue with our current form we'll see.

Happy New Year and see you on 10th March!

Well Paul When WIthy visited Blaise Park ealier this month we out numbered the home support so not to sure about you taking away a crowd this season when we didn't see them at home.

Wrong NDD. We're still taking at least 20 to every away game, although how long that will continue with our current form we'll see.

Did not see 20 supporters at the Elburton game earlier in the season.

Regards Bradford Park Ave they were formerly known as Bradford before they went bust

Did not see 20 supporters at the Elburton game earlier in the season.

Regards Bradford Park Ave they were formerly known as Bradford before they went bust

I can confirm we had 20 at Elburton as I reported on the day of the game:

http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19047

Re: BPA, they reformed as a Sunday side in the late 80s and have been steadily climbing the leagues ever since. They now play in the Northern Premier League and reached the 1st round proper of the FA Cup this year (where they got tonked by Totton).