Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United v Liskeard Athletic

I think liskeard are finding their true position in the league. Now that they are facing more of the top sides on the league,they don't seem to be collecting many pints from these games.

What a cracking days football. A Saltash win versus our local rivals, and a hard fought win for Elburton against parkway. They succeeded in stopping parkway playing to their strengths, and they gave as good as they got. Parkways flair players looked uninterested and Hobbs and Mason were very ineffective. Well done Elburton

Really good game of football . Thought the Ashes would take control of the game when they scored three quick goals after Liskeard had started the brighter . The Ashes probably sat back a bit and allowed Liskeard back into it , nice bit of brave management from Darren Edwards though when he made a double substitution after half an hour . Say what you want about the guys style , bit he certainly doesn't believe in dying wondering what could have been ,

Not sure if the Ashes are title contenders , lots of pace through the side and a constant goal threat . But they do look like they could let teams back into matches that they should win comfortably .

Really good game of football . Thought the Ashes would take control of the game when they scored three quick goals after Liskeard had started the brighter . The Ashes probably sat back a bit and allowed Liskeard back into it , nice bit of brave management from Darren Edwards though when he made a double substitution after half an hour . Say what you want about the guys style , bit he certainly doesn't believe in dying wondering what could have been ,

Not sure if the Ashes are title contenders , lots of pace through the side and a constant goal threat . But they do look like they could let teams back into matches that they should win comfortably .

Personally, I think "the ashes" are one, maybe two players away from being title contenders. Darren Edwards has done well at Liskeard, but they truly lack the quality of Saltash United. That was quite evident yesterday.

Getting Danny Lewis back to Saltash United would certainly give extra quality and other options.

But to be quite honest, both Kevin Hendy / Stuart Dudley are doing a great job this season and I hope they are rewarded with silverware at the end of the season.

Pretty much agree . I thought last season that The Ashes underachieved big time last year considering the size and quality of squad they had .

No doubting that Stuart Dudley has added something to the club .

Still think that you are probably playing for third place though behind Bodmin and Falmouth .

We might be playing for a position behind Bodmin Town, but feel we will be above Falmouth town at the end of the season.

Pretty much agree . I thought last season that The Ashes underachieved big time last year considering the size and quality of squad they had .

No doubting that Stuart Dudley has added something to the club .

Still think that you are probably playing for third place though behind Bodmin and Falmouth .

Totally aree 3rd or 4th place this season Dudley and hendy have certainly brought them forward this season and certainly seem to know what their doing.stuart did great job at torpoint last season and has carried the great job to saltash this season at this rate they could well be up for the 1st or 2nd spot next season I don't doubt either of them

I seem to have been proven right,again they play another big team and they come away with nothing,this is not a coincidence they are getting found out now and s top 6 finish for them is slipping away very fast ad the rest of the teams are pulling away.fair enough by Edwards changing things after 20 minutes but bringing on Kyle Curtis will give you nothing going forward,he is just another busy body that lacks that bit of quality but I suppose its better than Edwards bringing himself on.

I seem to have been proven right,again they play another big team and they come away with nothing,this is not a coincidence they are getting found out now and s top 6 finish for them is slipping away very fast ad the rest of the teams are pulling away.fair enough by Edwards changing things after 20 minutes but bringing on Kyle Curtis will give you nothing going forward,he is just another busy body that lacks that bit of quality but I suppose its better than Edwards bringing himself on.

Think you will find Kyle Curtis didn't play that day but his older uglier brother Karl Curtis started the game, so did not come off the bench. Other than getting people's names wrong and who played/came on as sub, and the fact you dont seem to like 'Dave' Edwards, good comment

what does it matter if you have been proven right ?.... I'm sure as far as liskeard are concerned they are having a good season. If they can finish in the top half then that's an improvement on last season isn't it ? isn't improvement what teams strive for ?. I'm sure they are not to bothered by someone running there mouth on a forum. From the outside it looks as thou Darren and Karl are doing a really good job since they have taken over, so why the negativity when they loose a game ?.... maybe its because they started so well the expectations have risen which is surely a good thing ?

But Sam Cooper certainly did . His excellent knockdown led to Kanakh's goal .

Compare Liskeard to the first half of last season , and the stride forward is immense . Not the most talented group of players , but Darren Edwards has certainly got them working together in a common cause . I am sure that they would have been happy with a top 8 finish at the start of the season .