Cornwall Football Forum

Boxing day results

Newquay AFC 1 v 1 Godolphin Atlantic

1-0 Weldhen 5mins

1-1 Lowry 10mins

Official Attendance 607

Strange game, Newquay appeared to just sit back for 60% of the game and let 'G' come onto them. Neither 'keeper had too much to trouble them, the defences were on top almost throughout.

Heard parkway lost to Elburton 2-1 not sure how true that is though guy seemed to have had to much mulled wine I think. Off to torpoint to see us beat the marines with our great new keeper signing

Elburton Villa 2 v 1 Plymouth Parkway

0-1 (h/t)

1-1 Lewis Daw

2-1 Michael Landricombe

Decent crowd..... Pitch held well..... Thank you to all who came..... Highest crowd this season at Haye Road :thumbsup:

Heard parkway lost to Elburton 2-1 not sure how true that is though guy seemed to have had to much mulled wine I think. Off to torpoint to see us beat the marines with our great new keeper signing

0-1 (h/t)

1-1 Lewis Daw

2-1 Michael Landricombe

Decent crowd..... Pitch held well..... Thank you to all who came..... Highest crowd this season at Haye Road :thumbsup:

Well done elburton got a strong team good luck for rest of season unluck parkway sounded a close game

CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION BOXING DAY DEC 26

26/12/2011 Bovey Tracey 0 - 6 Buckland

26/12/2011 Camelford 1 - 5 Bodmin

26/12/2011 Elburton 2 - 1 Parkway

Ivybridge Town v Dartmouth - postponed

26/12/2011 Launceston 1 - 0 Tavistock

26/12/2011 Penzance 0 - 4 Falmouth

26/12/2011 Saltash 3 - 1 Liskeard

26/12/2011 St Blazey 2 - 5 St Austell

26/12/2011 Torpoint 1 - 0 Royal Marine

26/12/2011 Witheridge 1 - 2 Cullompton

1 Launceston 23 15 5 3 48 23 25 50

2 Bodmin 18 16 0 2 62 18 44 48

3 Falmouth 19 13 3 3 60 28 32 42

4 Saltash 19 12 5 2 66 28 38 41

5 Liskeard 20 13 1 6 42 25 17 40

6 Parkway 16 11 2 3 46 23 23 35

7 Buckland 14 10 3 1 42 16 26 33

8 Camelford 20 10 1 9 39 36 3 31

9 St Austell 17 8 4 5 43 30 13 28

10 Tavistock 20 8 4 8 40 40 0 28

11 Bovey Tracey 22 7 5 10 32 40 -8 26

12 Dartmouth 21 7 3 11 33 44 -11 24

13 Torpoint 20 7 3 10 22 40 -18 24

14 Witheridge 21 6 4 11 28 34 -6 22

15 Elburton 19 6 4 9 31 39 -8 22

16 Cullompton 18 4 5 9 25 37 -12 17

17 Penzance 22 5 1 16 18 50 -32 16

18 Ivybridge 18 3 1 14 21 59 -38 10

19 Royal Marine 18 2 1 15 14 53 -39 7

20 St Blazey 21 2 1 18 17 66 -49 7

---------------------------------------------------------------

CSWPL DIVISION ONE WEST BOXING DAY DEC 26

Dobwalls v Callington - postponed

26/12/2011 Foxhole Star 0 - 2 St Dennis

26/12/2011 Helston 2 - 1 Porthleven

26/12/2011 Mousehole 0 - 4 Hayle

26/12/2011 Newquay 1 - 1 Godolphin

Penryn Ath v Truro City - postponed

26/12/2011 Plymstock 0 - 0 VosperOV

26/12/2011 Wadebridge 6 - 0 Perranporth

1 Newquay 19 15 3 1 74 20 54 48

2 Helston 19 12 4 3 58 30 28 40

3 VosperOV 16 11 4 1 48 19 29 37

4 Godolphin 19 10 5 4 38 18 20 35

5 Penryn 15 10 1 4 44 20 24 31

6 Hayle 20 8 3 9 42 38 4 27

7 Plymstock 17 7 3 7 26 26 0 26

8 Dobwalls 19 8 2 9 39 44 -5 26

9 Callington 17 8 1 8 27 33 -6 25

10 Truro City 16 7 2 7 44 31 13 23

11 Foxhole Star 16 6 4 6 34 33 1 22

12 Porthleven 16 7 1 8 29 34 -5 22

13 St Dennis 16 6 3 7 35 38 -3 21

14 Holsworthy 16 5 0 11 27 31 -4 15

15 Wadebridge 16 3 5 8 25 33 -8 14

16 Perranporth 19 2 1 16 11 93 -82 5

17 Mousehole 16 0 0 16 15 75 -60 0

Guest Back of the net

Torpoint 1 Royal Marines 0

Glad of the 3 points for us today but i'm not too sure of the performance. If it wasn't for Zinny in goal we'd have definately lost. We defended for about 80% of the game and just couldn't keep the ball. We're gonna have to play better than that in the coming weeks to get results. Anyway, a wins a win Gold And Black Army :c:

Glad of the 3 points for us today but i'm not too sure of the performance. If it wasn't for Zinny in goal we'd have definately lost. We defended for about 80% of the game and just couldn't keep the ball. We're gonna have to play better than that in the coming weeks to get results. Anyway, a wins a win Gold And Black Army :c:

This is what I was worried about a few weeks backs when I said team needs stability and needs strengthing before others start leaving.since then weve replaced a good keeper with a goodkeeper but can we get more good defenders and good strikers when they start disappearing any sign of a solid manager putting pen to paper and one that knows players to pull in?. Not trying to be negative but feel we're standing still.marines played Ok and thought we were well below par and any other team we would have lost

This is what I was worried about a few weeks backs when I said team needs stability and needs strengthing before others start leaving.since then weve replaced a good keeper with a goodkeeper but can we get more good defenders and good strikers when they start disappearing any sign of a solid manager putting pen to paper and one that knows players to pull in?. Not trying to be negative but feel we're standing still.marines played Ok and thought we were well below par and any other team we would have lost

today we played a team second from bottom in the league at home and got played off the park for long spells of the game!! just goes to show when our two best players were goalkeeper zinn and second team centre half powney,we need to sign a few new faces and quick!!!!

today we played a team second from bottom in the league at home and got played off the park for long spells of the game!! just goes to show when our two best players were goalkeeper zinn and second team centre half powney,we need to sign a few new faces and quick!!!!

That's how I've felt for a long time and your spot on the nail but someone needs to know players that would come to us instead of leave us.so frustrating I can see it getting worse before it gets better never mind 3 points are 3 points feels like we lost though bodmin next should be interesting

Godolphin looked to be a cut above Newquay at Mount Wise today. Newquay looked like a group of expensive misfits to me whilst Godolphin looked to be a TEAM (and a good one at that).

Godolphin we're the better team by a country mile, G No6 who I think was Kyle Brown ran the show from midfield, class act. Only Luke Wheldon looked decent for Newquay other than that on the performance I wouldn't place any of Newquay players in the G team.

That's how I've felt for a long time and your spot on the nail but someone needs to know players that would come to us instead of leave us.so frustrating I can see it getting worse before it gets better never mind 3 points are 3 points feels like we lost though bodmin next should be interesting

Simon Zinn was outstanding today keeped the Marines at bay with a string of fine saves,but the worrying thing for Torpoint is i heard thats going to be his last game for the club

Simon Zinn was outstanding today keeped the Marines at bay with a string of fine saves,but the worrying thing for Torpoint is i heard thats going to be his last game for the club

Don't think anyone will stay at the club when we don't score goals and the 2 keepers we have had get more man of the matches than any other player on the pitch that tells you something. We need drive a manager with contacts and looks like a keeper now. Blazey may be saved from relegation yet.i feel more to be jumping ship yet god I need a drink

Godolphin looked to be a cut above Newquay at Mount Wise today. Newquay looked like a group of expensive misfits to me whilst Godolphin looked to be a TEAM (and a good one at that).

Godolphin we're the better team by a country mile, G No6 who I think was Kyle Brown ran the show from midfield, class act. Only Luke Wheldon looked decent for Newquay other than that on the performance I wouldn't place any of Newquay players in the G team.

I don't think any of the Newquay players would want to play for the G. Most unprofessional club I've ever known.

Soccerfan,

Don't know if your'e right or wrong about Godolphin being unprofessional ( but surely as unpaid amateur players that's exactly what they are ! )

In my opinion however they're a shining example of what can be achieved through hard work,team spirit and togetherness ( not to mention some bloody good players )

All done of course in the shadow of a " bigger club "

I can remember some of the Godolphin players playing against my team in the Duchy, and they've stuck with the club all those years.

No the pitch isn't the best ( and I'm sure that they'd agree ) but the atmosphere there is always good and you always get a good reception back at the pub.

Only my opinion of course but I'd definitely glass Godolphin as one of Cornish footballs success stories

To be honest I dont think any Newquay player will want to plat for the 'g' as they are top of the league and only 13 points clear of them!

i think the point being made was that on yesterdays performance none of the newquay players would have played better than any of the G players. they were the better side,but still only managed a draw. fair result.but newquay can oniy get better. thats 3bad team performanes on the bounce. but lost 1,won 1,an drawn 1. 4 points from a possible 9, ill take that playing poor.

Soccerfan,

Don't know if your'e right or wrong about Godolphin being unprofessional ( but surely as unpaid amateur players that's exactly what they are ! )

In my opinion however they're a shining example of what can be achieved through hard work,team spirit and togetherness ( not to mention some bloody good players )

All done of course in the shadow of a " bigger club "

I can remember some of the Godolphin players playing against my team in the Duchy, and they've stuck with the club all those years.

No the pitch isn't the best ( and I'm sure that they'd agree ) but the atmosphere there is always good and you always get a good reception back at the pub.

Only my opinion of course but I'd definitely glass Godolphin as one of Cornish footballs success stories

I wasn't meaning that they didn't get paid.

I was thinking more of how they conduct themselves, the constant complaining to the ref from players and management, the terrible language from the dug out and while we're on that subject, how many people shoud be in the 'technical area'? I'm sure that it's a lot less than the 7 that they had yesterday. They just seem to ignore all rules and football etiquette and do their own thing.

Saying that, they were the better playing team yesterday.

0-1 (h/t)

1-1 Lewis Daw

2-1 Michael Landricombe

Can see why Elburton have been been picking up wins in the last few weeks . Big improvement on the start of the season . Well organised defence that stuck to their jobs , and lively forwards that kept on making selfless runs behind the Parkway back line .Their delivery from set pieces was pretty good as well ( especially from the right side).

Not the first time that Parkway have looked lifeless against sides lower down the league this season .Everything about us looked ponderous and predictable I would be interested in seeing how many points are dropped when Lee Doel doesn't play . We certainly lack his drive and energy in matches like this .

I know that Martin Piper will probably get the headlines for two keeping clangers , but I can only think of a couple of players that can come come away from this match thinking they contributed much . Too many players looked completely off their game .

After watching Saltash and Liskeard later in the day , it was striking to see how little pace we seem to have through the side compared to these teams .Having Lee Doel, Marc Bonney and Dennis Mason looking at a long spell out makes this seem even more obvious .

Saturday's match against Bovey Tracey suddenly looks like a another potential banana skin .

Camelford 1 Bodmin Town 4(luxton,carter2,mathews)

It was 5 - 1, much closer match than scoreline suggests or for an hour at least. Bodmins goalie made 3 superb saves in the first half and Camels just shaded it, could have been out of sight. Bodmin awarded a pen in first half which if given every time, we will end up with 300 pens every week, ref seemed to be influenced by the "bigger club" all game. Right after the penalty, Bodmins big striker nearly pushed a Camels defender over the top of Roughtor, far more contact than for the penalty. He then scored, and of course ref gives a goal. Second half was different, with Bodmin far more classy and it showed with 3 more goals although none of them classics. Camels gave all their subs a run which did upset the balance and with no Gusterson or Menhinick playing it was always going to be tough. Bodmins defence looked very shaky at times without being over stretched too often, would have been interesting if Gus was playing. The right back was particularly poor, couldn't tackle, head or pass the ball very well, just an off day maybe. Bodmin are a good team and will probably win the league, pity they won't take promotion as this would start to put Cornish football on the map. Using too much travelling as an excuse is no excuse at all. We live out on a limb and as such have to travel in all sport and in life in general, price we pay for living in the best place in the world. If teams take promotion, in 5 or 6 years time half the Western league could be made up of Cornish/Devon teams . But thats another story I guess. Good luck to Bodmin for rest of the season.

Bodnin are a good team and will win the league pity they won't take promotion as this would start to put Cornish football on the map. Using too much travelling as an excuse is no excuse at all we live out on a limb and as such have to travel in all sport and in life in general, price we pay for living in the best place in the world. If teams take promotion, in 5 or 6 years time half the Western league could be made up of Cornish/Devon teams . But thats another story i guess. Good luck to Bodmin for rest of the season.

Well said sir . You only have to look at the distances that Cornish rugby and hockey teams cover every week to play at the highest possible levels .

soccerfan, I think that eight people are allowed in the technical area, thats 5 subs manager, assist manager and first aid, so no problem there, as for players complaining to the ref please point me to a team that does not do that at some stage and in all my visits to Godolphin I have found them to be as professional as anybody else.

I don't think any of the Newquay players would want to play for the G. Most unprofessional club I've ever known.

so there we have it, No one wants to play for Newquay unless they get paid and far better to produce a below par performance and receive your 'expenses' then play for a 'lesser' team that can actually produce a high level of football.

I think in the next coming weeks the performances of Torpoint will hopefully improve. I have heard of one definite new signing and possibly another, plus Kevin Robinson should be coming back from injury and Lewis Edwards from his suspension. Liam Thornton is another that should be back soon. If the point can win ugly and pick up points without playing well, surely it is a bonus and not something to be negative on.

1-0 Weldhen 5mins

1-1 Lowry 10mins

Official Attendance 607

Strange game, Newquay appeared to just sit back for 60% of the game and let 'G' come onto them. Neither 'keeper had too much to trouble them, the defences were on top almost throughout.

'appeared to sit back' do you mean second to the ball , outpaced,outpassed and totally outplayed and having to resort to 'professional' tactics.

I think in the next coming weeks the performances of Torpoint will hopefully improve. I have heard of one definite new signing and possibly another, plus Kevin Robinson should be coming back from injury and Lewis Edwards from his suspension. Liam Thornton is another that should be back soon. If the point can win ugly and pick up points without playing well, surely it is a bonus and not something to be negative on.

Who`s the new signing Henning?

1-0 Weldhen 5mins

1-1 Lowry 10mins

Official Attendance 607

'appeared to sit back' do you mean second to the ball , outpaced,outpassed and totally outplayed and having to resort to 'professional' tactics.

Say hello to St Blazey next season for us !

1-0 Weldhen 5mins

1-1 Lowry 10mins

Official Attendance 607

Say hello to St Blazey next season for us !

always good to see the local lads play however that may be.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Slicedbread, you keep mentioning a manager at Torpoint that can attract players. Do u have any suggestions of someone who could bring players in at this stage of the season? The 2 that are running the side at the moment are the perfect 2 to keep Torpoint in the league. Also you keep going on about losing players, if you think the players are that bad, who would want them? The better players at the club have a huge amount of respect for the management, so if anything they need to stay. Trust me, the things that you are suggesting are a lot more easier said than done in the current situation

Slicedbread, you keep mentioning a manager at Torpoint that can attract players. Do u have any suggestions of someone who could bring players in at this stage of the season? The 2 that are running the side at the moment are the perfect 2 to keep Torpoint in the league. Also you keep going on about losing players, if you think the players are that bad, who would want them? The better players at the club have a huge amount of respect for the management, so if anything they need to stay. Trust me, the things that you are suggesting are a lot more easier said than done in the current situation

The players are great that's why they are being snapped up by other clubs whom seem to be finding decent players this far into the season we are still in need of strengthening the squad though because of this.i was under the understanding the current

Managers were only temporary until end of season which leaves the club players etc in doubt of stability making it easier for the players to decide to leave rather than feeling solid at their club and riding it out.other clubs seem to be dealing with their weaknesses and strengthening their team (some using us) as for players or managers wanting to come to the club I cant think of any players as the situation torpoint are in I don't see them wanting to come to the club things need to be made more attractive to maybe tempt them over as other clubs are doing.last comment says zinny ain't signing for us so as I mentioned we need to strengthen the squad I don't know a keeper either so can't help their although I would get hold of piper and ask him to come back maybe if roumers were true he ain't happy at parkway.I'm saying as I see and will still pay my £4 and buy my pint etc etc to help the club but I'm not the Only one with this opinion it's widly talked about.

I think the Torpoint followers have every right to voice their concerns when you just compare the current situation to where the club was 12 months ago. Players come and go but in this case you can't really blame them when you see some of the decisions made upstairs this season was always going to be difficult. Yes some players have ambitions but the club always had a core of local players that they could be proud of and when they start to lose these players like they have done this season it's clear things aren't right.

Maybe you shouldn't listen to quite so many rumours

I wouldn't but so far the roumers have all materialised to be true so they are facts rather than roumers.look forward to hearing something positive if anyone has anything.well done zinny for helping us for 2 games though will be interested in who fills the vacant slot.

Guest ECPL Supporter

I think the genuine Torpoint followers know exactly what is going on at the club at the moment and what they are up against and are doing their bit behind the scenes to make it better rather than voicing their concerns on here. Not sure who that benefits

I think the genuine Torpoint followers know exactly what is going on at the club at the moment and what they are up against and are doing their bit behind the scenes to make it better rather than voicing their concerns on here. Not sure who that benefits

Thank god for that I was starting to get worried.last time I was behind the scenes Mary scrolls wet herself john wilts slipped on it and banged his head and the teacher miss hunter got caught kissing the headmaster behind the piano.i guess us not so serious supporters who get left in the dark just make up stuff that just happens to come true.just a guess but those behind the scenes at the moment (secret handshake)are not so different than Mary scrolls above.i will still support the club regardless to saying something everyone can see its no secret but it's like any other club I'm not quite there with a banner waving it around for millions to see just voicing my opinion on here which is what it's for.if the club would rather I don't come along I will travel to my next nearest club and support them.gonna be hard to find a club with supporters that have a no opinions policy though.I have an opinion on most teams some good some bad as most people would expect but you get the occasional one.happy new year anyway.

From reading between the lines slice bread all I can see you doing is trying to cause unrest in the club through to the players and management!

And you really ain't helping the club by doing this.

Why don't you get behind the team that may not be the best you have seen in many a year but the lads and management from all accounts are trying there best to turn things around.

If you think you could do better why not throw your hat in ready for next season?

I believe Mr Cardew and Mr stephens have won many a trophy in previous teams so how can you slate them?

Look at what they are doing now picking up points unlike the beginning of the season...

I dont watch every game but have seen a few but if I was to support them out right and watch every game I wouldnt come here mocking them as you are doing.

Get behind your team..

From reading between the lines slice bread all I can see you doing is trying to cause unrest in the club through to the players and management!

And you really ain't helping the club by doing this.

Why don't you get behind the team that may not be the best you have seen in many a year but the lads and management from all accounts are trying there best to turn things around.

If you think you could do better why not throw your hat in ready for next season?

I believe Mr Cardew and Mr stephens have won many a trophy in previous teams so how can you slate them?

Look at what they are doing now picking up points unlike the beginning of the season...

I dont watch every game but have seen a few but if I was to support them out right and watch every game I wouldnt come here mocking them as you are doing.

Get behind your team..

I'm certainly not mocking them I gave my opinion which is neither rite nor wrong it's "my opinion" others have this same opinion and they have also discussed the same views on here abd at the ground.so only positive views from now on on here but bearing in mind that's hard when you don't see anything or hear anything positive happening and nothing coming from the club either,some supporters from some clubs would be demanding to know what's in the pipeline.still i hope the best for torpoint will pay my cash and try to be upbeat but always took it as a family club that listened to its supporters.if you read between the lines I'm a supporter that's frustrated with the seasons ongoings and am looking for some consolidation to what's happening.

Guest Back of the net

Who are you slice bread? I am also a supporter and i'm afraid i can't back up you're statement. Yes i agree there is plenty of room for improvement but we all know how much hard work the commitee and managers are putting in to achieve this

Who are you slice bread? I am also a supporter and i'm afraid i can't back up you're statement. Yes i agree there is plenty of room for improvement but we all know how much hard work the commitee and managers are putting in to achieve this

Guess I must be the supporter that isn't aware of anything happening.over past 2 years you hear of players coming in and players leaving etc.not hearing anything from the club recently.god I want to be wrong with everything i'v said I want the club to get back to last seasons stature but it seems to be knock after knock which in turn may not be the managers or players fault but seems like we're sitting back and taking it may be we're not but it certainly feels like it.like I said its my opinion as to what I see and this is a forum to discuss it which I do.like I said in previous post will only mention positive stuff on here nowadays as and when it happens and will put my dummy back in and hope to hear some positive things on the side lines soon.

soccerfan, I think that eight people are allowed in the technical area, thats 5 subs manager, assist manager and first aid, so no problem there, as for players complaining to the ref please point me to a team that does not do that at some stage and in all my visits to Godolphin I have found them to be as professional as anybody else.

All eight are allowed to stand up in the technical area?

As chairman of godolphin Atlantic I would like to say that everyone involved with the club are fully professional we have worked incredible hard to further our club and we will carry that on as far as the amount of people in the dug out there were 5 subs manager coach and physio as for bookings godolphin 1 player booked Newquay 4 as a club we have nothing but respect for everyone involved with Newquay we are and will carry on being a very professional club

Must agree with Tania,Godolphin are run in a professional way and credit for this must go to Tania and Muff who put in a tremendous amount of time , effort,and finance to have got Godolphin where they are today,Can,t agree with the bookings I did not think Newquay deserved 4 bookings ,one from each side would have been the right amount .

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.