Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town AFC apply for promotion.

At a Falmouth Town AFC Executive Committee meeting just before Christmas, a vote was taken on whether we should apply for promotion from the CSWPL under the FA Pyramid system. The result was a very positive "Yes"!

I can confirm that Falmouth Town AFC have now submitted an application for acceptance and promotion to the Toolstation Western League Premier Division for the next season 2012-13.

Happy New Year!!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC :clapper: B)

Well done to all those at Falmouth for taking the decision. Having 3 teams apply to go up this year will only make the SWPL a more interesting and competitive league.

Hopefully this sets a precident for other clubs to try and follow suit. Compared to other counties, Devon and Cornwall have far too fewer teams playing in the higher steps of the pyramid and i think there are some teams in this league that can do well going on the last few seasons vase results etc.

All the best to those three and lets hope one or two make the grade to go up.

At a Falmouth Town AFC Executive Committee meeting just before Christmas, a vote was taken on whether we should apply for promotion from the CSWPL under the FA Pyramid system. The result was a very positive "Yes"!

I can confirm that Falmouth Town AFC have now submitted an application for acceptance and promotion to the Toolstation Western League Premier Division for the next season 2012-13.

Happy New Year!!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC :clapper:B)

Well done Falmouth, at last a Cornish team with ambition, i've been harping on about this for ages good luck hope you win the SWPL Premier this year and the toolstation next . :smiley20:

Great and brave decision by all at Falmouth Town . A real incentive for you to now have a real good go at the league in the second half of the season .If Parkway and Buckland don't make it up this season ,then it would be a pretty good consolation for the champions to go up.

Are Bodmin Town going to sneak a last minute application into the Western League ? This news sort of blows away the argument about geography and extra travelling expense .

well done to all at Falmouth Town for taking the decision to apply for promotion,things seem to be in place for the step up.A hardworking commitee with a chairman who is both a good businessman and ambassidor for the club.good sponsors,and a good manager who has turned the the team around over the last 2 seasons.If it wasnt for unavailibility of players in crucial games,im sure they would be top of the league now and would have a great chance of being promoted as champions..Alas i feel that may now be beyond them but certainly runners up is possible.Good luck and happy new year to you all ! As SABOO would have said COME ON THE TOWN

ALL ROADS LEAD TO BICKLAND PARK :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

well done to all at Falmouth Town for taking the decision to apply for promotion,things seem to be in place for the step up.A hardworking commitee with a chairman who is both a good businessman and ambassidor for the club.good sponsors,and a good manager who has turned the the team around over the last 2 seasons.If it wasnt for unavailibility of players in crucial games,im sure they would be top of the league now and would have a great chance of being promoted as champions..Alas i feel that may now be beyond them but certainly runners up is possible.Good luck and happy new year to you all ! As SABOO would have said COME ON THE TOWN

ALL ROADS LEAD TO BICKLAND PARK :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

are u being serious every team miss players through injuries and suspensions obviously their squad isn't good enough if u can't cope at these times. The team isn't good enough 2 win the league but prob be enuff 2 cum higher than p way and buckland which is all they need

Nemisis I thought it was only two steps difference? Is what you say about Truro's situation true?

Truro Reserves could not join the SWPL D1W until the 1st team reached Southern SW, unless things have changed since then the same will apply to Falmouth or any other club who wish to go up the leagues.

I hope that two get promoted from the Prem this season and every season thereafter, it will make the Western League more attractive to clubs and fans as more SWPL club make the step up... good luck to all.

Well done Steve, Allan, & Falmouth Town, it will take me back to the good old days when Falmouth were in the western League & won it 4 years on the trot,

For those of my good friends at Falmouth Town who may have missed me these last few weeks for whatever reason !!?

I have had my opperation & now have a full plaster on until the end of January when I will be wearing the BIG BOOT for a few weeks,( Maybe allan could use me & my BIG Boot as a reserve defender !!?,)

I keep in touch via the internet, but looking forwards to being able to return to watch Falmouth Town once again,

May I wish all the suporters of all of the SWPL a happy new year,

Yours HAMMERS :c::clapper::smiley20: :c:

Went to the Falmouth v Camelford match today and watched a very hard fought match throughout. The pitch was hard going for both teams and there were errors all over the park. It didn't spoil the entertainment value though and we had a good afternoon, which was made even better on hearing Man Utd had lost as well !!

Many thanks to everyone at Falmouth for a very warm welcome and their hospitality. Good Luck for the rest of the season and we hope you're successful with your ambition to get promoted.

Team Rep.

I was very impressed with Camelford yesterday.

Some people may have thought they have been punching above their weight all season,but they proved that all of the results they have had so far have been thoroughly deserved.I was particularly impressed with your goalkeeper,who must have stopped at least 4 goals on his own!

Felt sorry for the guys who scored the own goals : the first from a corner which went in off someone's back-side ! and the second an

unstoppable half-volley past the keeper from about 10 yards (the look on the defender's face said more than any words ever could!).

A good game in awful conditions played in a good spirit.

"Up the Town "

This is indeed good news and will hopefully show the likes of Bodmin Town and St. Blazey what ambition is.

My only concern though is the ground, I'm sure in its current state that it would not pass the standard required for step 5, so are there any plans for improvements to take place otherwise the application would be a waste of time?

The reason I ask is that I think there is a real chance FT could finish ahead of BA and PP and it would be a shame not to get the promotion!

Why is it in this county whenever someone tries to move forward out from under a stone comes the "Green eyed monsters" any club with ambition just like Falmouth +Truro has, gets clobbered by mindless people who are jealous.

No we don,t need a "Stadium for Cornwall" because we have too many of these Jealous people around and they won,t be playing there. Maybe they might have sons/daughters or grandchildren who may have the ability to play higher than their fathers ect but lets deny them any oppurtunity that may have to play in what should be a great stadium.

My personal feelings are that if a team takes a promotion place, they should be made to make the move to a higher level, if not relegate them as they are denying a club with ambition a place in a higher league.

I know many of you will come on here and say, like in the above posts that there are travelling expenses, greater budgets needed, and decent players you will have to find,But the top sides in this premier division have proved on many occasions that they are up there with the western league sides as they have met them in the vase and beaten them.

Good luck to all teams that try to progress Falmouth Town, Truro, Perranporth,Hayle Penryn,St Day, Falmouth Ath,Helston and anyone that I might have missed that has taken the risk of moving up!!!!!!!!

I would be more concerned about lower attendances, greater expenses and finding good enough players within budget with the commitment to travel.

Best of luck!

I watched Falmouth yesterday and talking to some of the guys that made the decision i would be very surprised if a plan is not in place; They seemed to be totally commited and confident. What is a little worrying is whether the team that played yesterday is good enough to finish in the top 2. Camelford won't be the strongest team they come up against but with a bit more luck could have beaten them. As for lower attendances on the contrary better opposition will bring better crowds, remember they will be in the toolstation premier where there should be more strength in depth. Good players will travel if they have the ambition to progress. Bristol is only about 3 hours away so not that bad make a day of it and have some fun. It will sort the honest players from the mercenaries i reckon.

A big congratulations to Falmouth,You made the move before and had great success! A good club with a great history. I've never said Bodmin should or should not take promotion. I know they are well run and with Darren there they have ambition, I did say without knowing their reason, it's not right to say they let the s.w.p.l down! On an old St Blazey forum i said they seemed to lack ambition, some of the members now criticizing Bobmin had a lot of reasons to tell me i was wrong. I'm all for teams that can without putting them selves in financial risk moving up. So very big congratulations to all that make the move.

I hope you all have a happy and successful new year. Chris.

My only concern though is the ground, I'm sure in its current state that it would not pass the standard required for step 5, so are there any plans for improvements to take place otherwise the application would be a waste of time?

Falmouth are examiningoptions to move elsewhere within the locality. Not sure what the timescale will be though.

It won,t backfire on Bodmin because if their players have the same ambition as the people of Falmouth Town they will want to play at a higher level, if Falmouth gains promotion the option will be there for them.and if Falmouth attracts better players I,m sure if they have ambition they will look to play for Truro swings and roundabouts i,m afraid.

Maybe a top Premier club might become a feeder club for Truro in the near future, if you have 11 players with the ambition to play for Truro first team they will do well for your club in the premier league I'm sure?????????

This is indeed good news and will hopefully show the likes of Bodmin Town and St. Blazey what ambition is.

The reason I ask is that I think there is a real chance FT could finish ahead of BA and PP and it would be a shame not to get the promotion!

Hi Wupass. You are absolutely right in your assessment of the ground grading requirements. There is work to be done at Bickland to get us to Step 5 standards and we have an action plan being finalised as we speak! What we will be short of is manpower in certain areas and finding willing hands at the right time is crucial.

If you or any other contributors are willing and able to give us some time over the next ten weeks,please give me a call or call into the clubhouse!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC B)

Hi Wupass. You are absolutely right in your assessment of the ground grading requirements. There is work to be done at Bickland to get us to Step 5 standards and we have an action plan being finalised as we speak! What we will be short of is manpower in certain areas and finding willing hands at the right time is crucial.

If you or any other contributors are willing and able to give us some time over the next ten weeks,please give me a call or call into the clubhouse!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC B)

Many thanks Steve for seeing my post as what it was meant to be and not a pop at FT.

I genuinely wish you luck but sadly I live too far away to be of any help but I'm sure that there are plenty of people on here who live much nearer and would be of more help than me.

Good luck Falmouth, I hope your application is accepted and the grading work is completed. As someone said elsewhere on this thread there is a lot of negative feeling about clubs in Cornwall with a modicum of ambition like there has been with Truro. I wish you all the best.

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC B)

Many thanks Steve for seeing my post as what it was meant to be and not a pop at FT.

I genuinely wish you luck but sadly I live too far away to be of any help but I'm sure that there are plenty of people on here who live much nearer and would be of more help than me.

No Problem Wupass! You should have seen us today beating Saltash 5-3. We were just brilliant!! B)

Things would defiantly move forward rapidly if more than 1 team where granted promotion. Maybe someone with a little bit of power should look at the possibility of this, a little bit more courage and we could of been looking at 2 promotions this season or even 3. then gradually the western league would become the swpl over a few years, then the travelling etc.... would not be such an issue

Things would defiantly move forward rapidly if more than 1 team where granted promotion. Maybe someone with a little bit of power should look at the possibility of this, a little bit more courage and we could of been looking at 2 promotions this season or even 3. then gradually the western league would become the swpl over a few years, then the travelling etc.... would not be such an issue

Won't happen though, as the Western League have to consider those in Western League Div 1 as well.