Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton Cup tie news

As reported on the Postponements sub-forum of the SWPL forum the following matches are having pitch inspections in the morning.

Best advice is to visit the forum for up to date news - the link is here

Crediton United v Launceston (8.30am Inspection)

Liskeard Athletic v Exmouth Town (10am Inspection)

Saltash United v Falmouth Town (10.30am Inspection)

League Secretary Phil Hiscox will be placing more news from just after 8am in the morning, he is "reasonably hopeful that half the ties will be played."

I may be a liitle biased, but a 5 - 3 score does truly flatter Falmouth Town.

The game started well for "the ashes" who ran into a 1 -0 soon atfer the start of the game. However, Falmouth surged back to equalise and the again to take the lead. After that it was all in the "ashes" half.

"The ashes" started the second half a lot brighter but finally went down 5 -3.

Incidentally, Darren Hicks would return to "the ashes" for another fiver, if they want him.

The game started well for "the ashes" who ran into a 1 -0 soon atfer the start of the game. However, Falmouth surged back to equalise and the again to take the lead. After that it was all in the "ashes" half.

Incidentally, Darren Hicks would return to "the ashes" for another fiver, if they want him.

I watched this game and and falmouth deserved 2 win they were the better side except the 1st min ha. I doubt darren hicks wud leave a team on the up seriously take ur head out the sand and realize saltash arnt as good as u think pasty man.

Well done Falmouth something tells me they will be going to the western league next year good luck guys.unlucky saltash had a great game just not quite on the ball today but still a strong team.

As a torpoint fan slicedbread I would of thought u would of watched there second team today in the cup game or was it that u was to busy playing for Falmouth

I watched this game and and falmouth deserved 2 win they were the better side except the 1st min ha. I doubt darren hicks wud leave a team on the up seriously take ur head out the sand and realize saltash arnt as good as u think pasty man.

Well said that man!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Slicedbread, how come you went to watch that game today? I would have thought you'd have been down watching the club you love on your doorstep?

Guest Back of the net

It is because he isn't a Torpoint supporter and suspicions are that he is a Falmouth town player or something to do with a Falmouth town player

Guest ECPL Supporter

No, that could only be 1 of 2 people and the club have bent over backwards in the past for them, especially the current 1st team manager so there is no way they'd bad mouth him/them on here. Barking up the wrong tree i think. Definately not a Torpoint supporter though, that has been confirmed today

Biased and bitter, a combination that leads to you talking nonsense...again.

If anything the scoreline flattered Saltash as Town were far the better side overall.

Well done Town. An injury weakened side, playing for the second time in three days, showed real character after a nightmare start.

Jesus guys what is your problem seriously I hear Falmouth beat saltash and I congratulate them for it especially as saltash have been playing well this season and again I'm a bad person.I follow torpoint on a Saturday afternoon 1st team not second or youth.I live in Cornwall and feel I have a rite to comment and express my feelings on here.A football fan follows all teams and supports the one they feel more towards. Today is Monday I'm at work and same as the rest of you I follow the results closely.im not however a person trying to harm torpoint in anyway shape or form just because I expressed an opinion a week ago and I even said since then I will remain with just positive comments I've said nothing as their is nothing positive to say????.I wish any team well if they want to move up the pyramid system be it Cornish or Devon club and wish them well unlike you guys who think theirs a sniper in the crowd.i have nothing against falmouth or any other club unlike yourselves happy new year everybody and once again congrats to Falmouth.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Your previous post suggests you were at the game. A fibber needs to have a good memory. Anyway not too concerned about you anymore, at least we've worked out you're not a Torpoint supporter

Are you for real ???.If it wasn't for your goalie making two superb saves in the first half the final scoreline would have been even more embarrassing for Saltash,Well done to Falmouth on an excellent win over a good side ............Special mention for Jamie Devine's 35 yard strike .........Pure Class !!!!

Your previous post suggests you were at the game. A fibber needs to have a good memory. Anyway not too concerned about you anymore, at least we've worked out you're not a Torpoint supporter

I would of loved to have watched a game of footy today but worked as double money was more interesting and practical when offered to me My post doesn't mention I was their ???? But hey not arguing with you as you are taking out your hurt that a club has done to you and taking it out on the wrong person.if my opinions hurt after all they are opinions you say I'm a Falmouth supporter or father or player that's your opinion I'm not getting angry about it it's your opinion forums love em or hate em it's full of opinions. well done to buckland on progressing to the next round too

Guest ECPL Supporter

I don't understand what the club has done to me? You said that Saltash had a great game today?????? And i've never said you were a Falmouth player or any connections of one. I haven't got a clue who you are, unless you want to tell me?

From the reports on the swpl site and supporters on here I gave my opinion as someone not being their or trust me it would have been more detailed than a brief well done to both teams paragraph.read the comments from the beginning you or someone else reading into something that isn't their won't bother commenting on torpoint club anymore as their are more supporters on here paranoid I'm someone causing harm??? Most people on here take everything with a pinch of salt except the odd few. Now to me that makes it even more suspicious when I'm complimenting clubs instead of my own but looks like the only way it can be.

I think it would be a pretty safe bet that a loaf of bread is a Falmouth Town players Dad

just to clarify before anybody jumps to conclusions it ain't me i post under my own name,

I can vouch for that too it's defiantly me and I'm definTly a torpoint supporter bit of paranoia is to blame I reckon and I'm not apologizing for having an opinion every football fan supporter has one but unless I'm following everyone else's opinion I don't fit in so therefor i must be a sniper or summit outrageous.defines the whole point of a forum

I saw the game today and must say that Falmouth played as a team with a game plan.With their manager away,the asisstant coped admirably.several players carrying injuries.A main striker out all together,they all stepped up to the mark.My MOM.the lad menhennick.rock solid in defence.Saltash on the other hand who hadnt played since boxing day, should have been fit fresh and raring to go.instead they just plodded through like a team of individuals.The no8 winged and wined his way through the whole game despite being warned by the referee on several occaisions and eventually getting booked.As for the saltash management.Whilst i was stood near the saltash dugout mr little and mr large seemed to be giving out conflicting directions.The old saying Too many chefs in the kitchen spring to mind !Star of the show for the ashes.spider man.If it wasnt for him it would have been ashes to ashes.Last of all' just like to say what a friendly bunch they are at the ground.from the gate staff canteen staff and the banter from the supporters in the stand.Happy new year to you all! :clapper:

I saw the game today and must say that Falmouth played as a team with a game plan.With their manager away,the asisstant coped admirably.several players carrying injuries.A main striker out all together,they all stepped up to the mark.My MOM.the lad menhennick.rock solid in defence.Saltash on the other hand who hadnt played since boxing day, should have been fit fresh and raring to go.instead they just plodded through like a team of individuals.The no8 winged and wined his way through the whole game despite being warned by the referee on several occaisions and eventually getting booked.As for the saltash management.Whilst i was stood near the saltash dugout mr little and mr large seemed to be giving out conflicting directions.The old saying Too many chefs in the kitchen spring to mind !Star of the show for the ashes.spider man.If it wasnt for him it would have been ashes to ashes.Last of all' just like to say what a friendly bunch they are at the ground.from the gate staff canteen staff and the banter from the supporters in the stand.Happy new year to you all! :clapper:

I thought all of our team were just superb today in every respect recovering well after the very early setback. Someone said the result flattered us-on the contrary I think it was the other way round! In truth we could and should have scored more plus Paul Hider made some very good saves to deny us certain goals! But hey-5-3 is a great result away from home especially here at the Kimberley Stadium.The hospitality at Saltash was very good as usual-thanks to everyone involved at the club.Saturday at Bickland Park promises to be another cracker-3pm KO-don't be late!!! B)

Did you watch today Paul? What did you think?

yes did watch the game, thought falmouth were the better team and deservedly progressed. must say neither team were at their best with lots of sloppy passing keeper made some fine saves for saltash thought shane and chris looked comfortable at c/back they do seem to compliment each others game.

hicks caused saltash problems constantly. for me mom hicks